Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reinhart, Bennett or Draisailt???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Reinhart, Bennett or Draisailt???

Which one seems to have the best offensive upside pts only?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Reinhart, Bennett or Draisailt???

I prefer Bennett. It's a toss-up for me between Bennett and Draisaitl in terms of raw upside; Reinhart slightly below those two IMO.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Reinhart had the 8th best ppg CHL draft-year since 2003, both Draisaitl and Bennett were lower. I haven't done enough research to draw a conclusion, but that is an interesting fact nonetheless.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    Reinhart had the 8th best ppg WHL draft-year since 2003, both Draisaitl and Bennett were lower. I haven't done enough research to draw a conclusion, but that is an interesting fact nonetheless.
    I'm not up on the prospects, are these 3 all whl?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    I'm not up on the prospects, are these 3 all whl?
    Oops, meant to say CHL!
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    Reinhart had the 8th best ppg CHL draft-year since 2003, both Draisaitl and Bennett were lower. I haven't done enough research to draw a conclusion, but that is an interesting fact nonetheless.
    Yeah, that's true. But with Bennett, you have to consider he's basically an entire development year (Summer '96 bday) behind Reinhart / Draisaitl (Fall '95 bdays). If we really want to compare apples to apples with Bennett/Reinhart, then we should be looking at Bennett's numbers next OHL season against Reinhart from this WHL season. He's the #1 ranked prospect by Central Scouting for a reason. He's already at the top of this class, and he's just scratching the surface. If you're looking for raw offensive upside, don't sleep on Nylander/Ehlers either. I would rank both ahead of Reinhart personally, at least in terms of offensive upside. Reinhart is just the safest pick.

As for rating Draisaitl above Reinhart in terms of raw upside, that's just what I feel based on Draisaitl's size/strength advantage. Neither are elite skaters, but Draisaitl probably has a more lethal offensive arsenal as well, i.e. vision, shot, etc. Reinhart will probably end up being a very good NHLer without much question on the subject, but I just don't think he has the same offensive ceiling as Bennett, or Draisaitl for that matter.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm wondering the same thing as well. Reinhart, Bennett or Draisaitl? Well, I have the 2nd overall pick, so I'll only have two of those to choose from.

My league is not points-only, so that adds a little twist as well (league information in signature). If we had PIM, then Reinhart would be a terrible option but luckily we don't. Does Reinhart hit? I'm assuming Bennett and Draisaitl have advantage in hits but how big is the advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Yeah, that's true. But with Bennett, you have to consider he's basically an entire development year (Summer '96 bday) behind Reinhart / Draisaitl (Fall '95 bdays). If we really want to compare apples to apples with Bennett/Reinhart, then we should be looking at Bennett's numbers next OHL season against Reinhart from this WHL season. He's the #1 ranked prospect by Central Scouting for a reason. He's already at the top of this class, and he's just scratching the surface. If you're looking for raw offensive upside, don't sleep on Nylander/Ehlers either. I would rank both ahead of Reinhart personally, at least in terms of offensive upside. Reinhart is just the safest pick.
    This is very true. Here's the year-to-year breakdown.
    Rookie season:
    Reinhart: 62 points in 67 games (0.93 PPG)
    Bennett: 40 points in 60 games (0.67 PPG)
    Sophomore season:
    Reinhart: 85 points in 72 games (1.18 PPG)
    Bennett: 91 points in 57 games (1.60 PPG)

These numbers support what you said: Reinhart is the safe pick (Reinhart is probably also NHL ready or at least closer to it) but Bennett might have more upside. If Bennett returns to CHL next season and he scores more than 1.75 PPG (105 points in 60 games was what Reinhart had this season), then the numbers line up nicely.

What I also notice from these numbers is the low number of games played from Bennett. Only 60 and 57. Has he missed games because of injuries or something else?

Comparing Draisaitl's numbers to those two is a bit harder since he played his rookie season at the same time as Bennett did but he was also a year older than Reinhart then, so... But here are Draisaitl's numbers:
    Rookie season: 58 points in 64 games (0.91 PPG)
    Sophomore season: 105 points in 64 games (1.64 PPG)

Then again, projecting upside is never just about junior numbers, so these numbers might not mean anything. Nylander and Ehlers have good upside as well, as mounD said, but the NHL certainty is so much lower with those two compared to Sams&Leon that I'm only considering those three names.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would love to hear more opinions on this matter.. There are going to be alot of fantasy owners scratching their heads come draft time if they are slotted to pick 1 or 2.. Who is going to score the most points down the road?? Are any of these guys the type of players you can count on for being the main guy?? Are all 3 of these guys just complimentary players??

Help!! HaHaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I would love to hear more opinions on this matter.. There are going to be alot of fantasy owners scratching their heads come draft time if they are slotted to pick 1 or 2.. Who is going to score the most points down the road?? Are any of these guys the type of players you can count on for being the main guy?? Are all 3 of these guys just complimentary players??

Help!! HaHaHa..
    This is just my opinion, but from what I've watched in highlights and footage over the past couple of months, Sam Bennett definitely has the "it" factor of top-end NHL stars, and could be a borderline elite performer in a few year's time. His determination and skills are off the charts, and he's almost a full development year behind some of the big boys, which leads me to believe there is even more untapped upside to enjoy. Reinhart likely has a bit lower of an offensive ceiling, but that's likely because he will be used as a VERY effective two-way Centerman with defensive responsibility. Bennett can play on both sides of the puck, and is no defensive slouch; however, I'd give Reinhart the edge in terms of complete two-way game due to his profound HockeyIQ. As for Draisaitl, I think he can become a reliable puck-possession, playmaking / scoring #1 Center in the NHL. He has the size, all-world skills, and if he can improve his first few steps a little bit he could be the best fantasy asset from this draft.

I see Bennett and Draisaitl as having legit PPG upside, Reinhart slightly less. All will be effective, quality NHL players IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    This is just my opinion, but from what I've watched in highlights and footage over the past couple of months, Sam Bennett definitely has the "it" factor of top-end NHL stars, and could be a borderline elite performer in a few year's time. His determination and skills are off the charts, and he's almost a full development year behind some of the big boys, which leads me to believe there is even more untapped upside to enjoy. Reinhart likely has a bit lower of an offensive ceiling, but that's likely because he will be used as a VERY effective two-way Centerman with defensive responsibility. Bennett can play on both sides of the puck, and is no defensive slouch; however, I'd give Reinhart the edge in terms of complete two-way game due to his profound HockeyIQ. As for Draisaitl, I think he can become a reliable puck-possession, playmaking / scoring #1 Center in the NHL. He has the size, all-world skills, and if he can improve his first few steps a little bit he could be the best fantasy asset from this draft.

I see Bennett and Draisaitl as having legit PPG upside, Reinhart slightly less. All will be effective, quality NHL players IMO.
    Just added to your rep, great post my friend!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am having the same dilemma as I pick 1, 2, 5 and 7. I leaning towards taking Bennett and Reinhart with the top two picks but I am also considering taking Drasaitl over Reinhart. Personally I think both Drasaitl and Reinhart fairly simillar upsides in terms of points production but for me Reinhart is a slightly safer pick and I think there is a small chance that Drasaitl could be around at the 5th spot whereas I am sure Reinhart won't still be there. I also feel that playing with Morrissey, who in my opinion was the top offensive d-man in the CHL this year, contributed to Drasaitl's stats this year particularly on the powerplay.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    I am having the same dilemma as I pick 1, 2, 5 and 7. I leaning towards taking Bennett and Reinhart with the top two picks but I am also considering taking Drasaitl over Reinhart. Personally I think both Drasaitl and Reinhart fairly simillar upsides in terms of points production but for me Reinhart is a slightly safer pick and I think there is a small chance that Drasaitl could be around at the 5th spot whereas I am sure Reinhart won't still be there. I also feel that playing with Morrissey, who in my opinion was the top offensive d-man in the CHL this year, contributed to Drasaitl's stats this year particularly on the powerplay.
    That's the thing with owning 2 out of the top3 picks this year. You simply can't go wrong whichever way you choose to go. Reinhart is probably a bit closer to being NHL-ready, but Draisaitl has the dominant, imposing size that you want in a #1 playmaking Center. It's really a coin-flip, and a lot of it comes down to personal preference / affinity for risk. If you're a big gambler, draft Nylander/Ehlers at #2 after you take Bennett. THAT would be bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    I would definitely wait until you see what team they are drafted by!!

The Great One

I have third pick in my league, and I'm hoping Draisaitl is still there. Then Bennettt. Then...well, crap, I'd probably trade down.

Dobber Sports Stud

I want to quote/add to so many of the above posts but i'll just craft my own instead i'll just craft my own.
    I'd put them in this order:

1. Sam Bennett - To me, he has everything you're looking for in a dynamic point producing 1C. He can absolutely fly and luckily he had the mind to keep up to his feet. His work ethic is off the charts and he never quits on a play or back check which is awesome to see out of a young kid. He also has that flair and flash to his game that the other two seem to lack. He probably isn't NHL ready so expect to wait another year for him. When he does, he'll rack up the hits, pims, shots, points. Across the board type of player.

2. Leon Draisaitl - As is well known, Draisaitl is an unreal puck possession player. He'll find a top 6 spot pretty quickly and will be a big scorer. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a point per game guy. The weird thing with LD is he could stand to shoot a bit more. He's very unselfish and has unreal vision. For his size he doesn't hit very much.

3. Sam Reinhart - The IQ is obviously there, thats very well documented. However, I don't think that IQ is going to look as special against men as it doesn't against kid in junior. Nothing else about Reinhart's game really stands out to me, for better or for worse. He's safe, he's reliable and he isn't very flashy. Very accurate passer, accurate shooter though his shot is not as hard as the other two. Won't really contribute to multi cat... at all.

I'd be giving significant consideration to Nylander, Ehlers and maybe even Dal Colle over Reinhart. Reinhart won't contribute many peripheral stats so that not only applies to points only but to all leagues. The only benefit to Reinhart is he has essentially 100% NHL certainty.