• Yes, you can probably hold on

5 27.78%
  • Nope. He's probably got you

13 72.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will I win? Curious as to what odds the community gives me

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Will I win? Curious as to what odds the community gives me

Playoff pools are all about bodies and he has you covered there. On paper, the simple possibilities that can manifest themselves tilt the odds in his favour, but going for you is the fact that it could go 6 or less and the fact that Kopitar and Toffoli are hot. I'd say you can count on M. Richards doing almost nothing but Gaborik (hot), Williams (hot) Stepan and B Richards are sure to score. It will probably be the two assists M. Richards gets that will do you in... It will be a near coin flip either way, but my sense has you losing by something stupid like 2 points, even with the lead you have, which could be gone if the series is a high scoring one. Kings have showed they can score but also they can let in a bunch.. If the Rangers take on of the first 3 games or lose a couple of high-scoring ones, you are toast. If the Kings convincingly win low-scoring affairs, it's yours. But then again, the Kings games haven't exactly been extremely low-scoring.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

If the Kings win the series, you win Dobber.

If the Rags win the series, you lose.

I think Brown racks up some points this round. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meh, I'll take Dobber's position 9 times out of 10. A five point lead with the top scorer on your team? He'll win by a point or two when all is said and done. Oh, it should be close, but my money would be on Dobber's team.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

If the series goes 7 games, you're screwed. The other guy has Justin Williams.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

I like the "other" guys chances more than yours. Still its a good problem to have, finishing first or second. I wish we all had that kind of trouble
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This one is in the bag for you. Easy
    Goddammit, I shouldn't have asked, I think it jinxed my team or something... still down by 3 points and maybe only one game left. Need a lundqvist win bad!

How is your team doing?
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm curious to know how your lead is holding up Dobber??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    I think te series goes 5-6 games. Kopitar will have an easier time against rangers than he did with Blackhawks. I would say he and Toffoli are good for a point/game. Brown might get a 2-3points in the series. So you're looking at 12-15 points.

Gaborik will have a series against his old team. I can see 6-7 points in 5-6 games. Stepan will also be a factor. Give him 4-5. The Richards' will be quiet. Maybe a point each.

So it's gonna be really close. It's gonna come down to defense and goaltending. I think that the rangers are in for a rude awakening and will face an offence they haven't seen yet in these playoffs. On the other hand, the ranger offense is not even close to being as good as Chicago.

I see this series being a huge mismatch and NYR only hanging around because Lundqvist steals a game or two. LA side wins and you have more players and more offensive players.

Consider your lead I'm gonna say yes. You win
    Not too bad of a prediction eh?
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I'm curious to know how your lead is holding up Dobber??
    Me=Toast

The other guy has a 3 point lead now, thanks to Kopitar/Brown/Toffoli just getting two points in three games, vs. his Gaborik/M.Richards/Williams/Stepan/B.Richards combining for 10 so far. Couldn't be going worse, and he gets the tie-breaker too.

So Wednesday I pretty much need to gain 4 points - I could use a pretty high-scoring Kings shutout win, and hope that Kopitar/Brown/Toffoli get most of the points
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Sorry man.
    Justin Williams has been a beast this series... and the token points for Mike Richards ain't helpin either.

Dobber Sports Ninja

That sucks dude. I've been in that situation... nothing worse than having a big lead in a playoff pool and watching it slowly evaporate as the series progresses.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm currently battling for first in one of my pools, I'm one point back.. He has Kopitar, Carter, Voynov and M. Richards. I have Gaborik, Williams, Doughty, Stepan and I know it's going to come right down to the last game of the series.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Banned

I need this series to go to 7 if I want to win... I got 9 pts to gain for first now (from 14)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm down 10 points and I have carter, gaborik, williams, brown, doughty, and martinez.. I could use a couple more games aswell..

I've already locked up 1st in one draft and won a $100.00 bet with a Wings fan after the B's beat them in round 1.. All in all, its been a successful playoffs for me!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

I have a 27 pt lead. I was pretty well the only one to bet hard on the Kings. I have Quick, Kopitar, Carter, Gaborik and Doughty. I have McD for the Rags. I got this in the bag.. Dobber, the math was against you sadly and the awakening of sorts of Mike Richards is getting you! Sorry bud.

Z, series got extended so you might have a chance!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck