Thread: Bob Cole to return to CBC next year

Banned

Default Bob Cole to return to CBC next year

There was speculation he might retire this year but they said tonight that tonight will just be his last game THIS season, he will return for another year

Banned

Default Re: Bob Cole to return to CBC next year

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Thanks for posting. I know he makes more mistakes than he used to, but he's still one of my favourites. He elevates games to another level with his voice.
    Yeah lots of folks rip on him for that but personally I don't think that's fair... he's been on the air for 45 years, his voice in ingrained in the DNA of every Canadian hockey fan. I know for me, it's just pure nostalgia and that's a good thing.

Dobber Sports Deity

Im a big Bob Cole fan. I dont care about the mistakes, as few as they are. I grew up listening to him and still enjoy him calling the games. Glad to hear he is coming back for one more!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

man how long has he been doing this. as far as i can rember hes been calling games.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Master

Would it really be HNIC or even more so, playoff HNIC without Bob Cole? Has to be the best broadcaster at keeping the call of the game neutral even with so much on the line, whether it was Canada losing in Nagano or an NHL team north of the border losing in the cup final. He's slower than he was, but would we be any better at his age? Crazy long tenure. Hope he comes for another go.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Makes sense that he scales down games year by year......but stays on, good plan by CBC actually. Kudos.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hate it when he says "the goalie makes the save". He eventually figures out who the goalie is, but I find it annoying. I like him for the most part, but that goalie thing really gets me going!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I hate it when he says "the goalie makes the save". He eventually figures out who the goalie is, but I find it annoying. I like him for the most part, but that goalie thing really gets me going!
    The Comish posts a post............