Thread: Team winners at the draft...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Team winners at the draft...

Now that the draft has come and gone and we\'ve all analyzed the overall performance of the teams, I would like to get your opinion on the top winners (drafts only) and why.
    16 team, 32 player/20 active (2 G 6 D 12 F)
    keep 17

G=2 A=1 PIM=0.2 +/-=1
    Goalie W=4 SO=5 L=-2 P=-1
    G Holtby Kumpher Hiller Poulin Griess Hutchinson
    D Letang Goligoski Carlson Barrie Streit Bouwmeester Beauchemin
    F Crosby Giroux Benn Kunitz Pominville P Bergeron Stepan Parenteau Ennis Zuccarello Atkinson Clarkson Frolik Colborne Lee Morin Kapanen Alfredsson Grachev

Dobber Sports Icon

Gordo wrote:
    Now that the draft has come and gone and we\'ve all analyzed the overall performance of the teams, I would like to get your opinion on the top winners (drafts only) and why.
    I thought that LA did a tremendous job. They got two incredibly solid defenders that compliment each other perfectly...

Doughty is the next great defender prospect in the league, and Teubert is a great shut down guy to compliment the play style of Doughty.

The Kings addressed pretty much every issue they had (defense), because their offense and goalie depth is looking good for the future.

They did tremendously in my opinion.

------------

I also cannot disreguard the Coyotes... They got Boedker eighth overall (wow), and also got Jared Staal in the middle of the second round...

If scrimmage buddies are a good sign of talent and ability, I\'d say that growing up with the brothers that he did, Jared will be a pretty good pick that late.

While I would\'ve liked to see Phoenix go for a defender with one of their top three picks, they did get two in the 3rd round that are no slouches (Stone, Brodeur)... so with Al Montoya recently injected into their system (trade with the NYR), the Coyotes are pretty solid now at nearly all positions.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Stud

I also liked the Phoenix pick of Tikhonov.

I liked Calgary\'s trade for Cammalleri and their trade of Tanguay. Those two deals are going to set Calgary up very well for the coming year. Kudos to Mr. Sutter.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

my guess is that detroit drafted a random swede in the 7th round and is hoping to trade him to some dumbass team that will think hes the next zetterberg lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think the Islanders did a pretty good job to strengthen their pipeline. A lot of people don\'t like them passing on Schenn or Filatov, but they turned that pick into Bailey, Ness and Toews and that\'s pretty good.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Icon

sentium wrote:
    I think the Islanders did a pretty good job to strengthen their pipeline. A lot of people don\'t like them passing on Schenn or Filatov, but they turned that pick into Bailey, Ness and Toews and that\'s pretty good.
    I\'ve got mixed feelings about NYI draft... It seems like they didn\'t really know what they wanted going into it... I\'m sure that\'s not the case, but that\'s certainly how it seemed.

Only time will tell whether trading backwards twice and therefore missing out on Schenn, Filatov, Wilson, and Boedker in order to gain a few more picks in the second and third will pan out for them...

I\'m thinking it will be ok (since they didn\'t have any 1st or 2nd rounders in last years draft, the cupboards really did need refilling - their 7 picks in ther first three rounds help accomplish that), but it really would be something to see filatov play on a line with Kyle Okposo in my opinion...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

jeff88_5

sentium wrote:
    Add Trivino, Petrov, DiBenedetto, Niemi, Poulin and Ullstrom, and you got the winners of the draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I definitely agree with the Isles pick. They passed on some potential studs but still ended up with 6 guys who many thought could be first round picks (Bailey, Ness, Toews, Trivino, Petrov, and Niemi).

Dobber Sports Pro

Islanders passed on the top elite guys but their prospects are weak(or were before this draft), and they had a draft like the Blackhawks did last year in terms of scoring serious talent late in the draft.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Guru

i thought the preds made off like bandits, getting best friends wilson and pickard both in the first round.