Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Callahan - Where does he land?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Callahan - Where does he land?

I will go off the board and say Buffalo. He's a Rochester kid.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Another darkhorse and a real slap in the face to the Rangers would be the NYI...
    They threw a lot of money at Vanek, but Callahan would be a better fit.
    After Okposo, the right side is very weak on the Island.
    This is what I argued in the Isles thread but no one saw the logic behind it

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Vanek is a lock for Minnesota.
    Well I know I have watched Vanek in the playoffs this year, does anyone else think that the Wild are watching Vanek aswell??

How can Vanek be a lock to even play in the NHL next year after the way he has played in this round against NYR?? Ok, now I know that's a little drastic, but I have a feeling Minnesota is definitely weighing their options a little more now..

Callahan would be a fantastic fit in Minny!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

From what I have heard, the Wild are going to sign one of Vanek or Callahan. After the post-season, I would imagine Callahan is now much more likely than Vanek. I will vote that Callahan ends up in Minnesota.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    I could see Burke convincing him to come play in Calgary. He'd be a great teacher for the kids like Monahan, Baertschi, Gaudreau, 2014 5th overall, etc etc and obviously Burke has strong ties to USA Hockey.

My dark horse vote is the Dallas Stars. Their secondary scoring was seriously lacking (Seguin 84, Benn 79, Eakin 35 were the top 3 fwds) so i think they'll aggressively pursue Vanek/Callahan/Stastny. They have bad contracts (Horcoff,Gonchar,Cole) coming off the books next season so a long term contract doesn't hurt them.

SJ was a great call. I suppose it depends what they choose to do with Niemi/Stalock. After the Havlat buyout, they have approximately 16M.

Buffalo is one that pops up a lot just because he's from Rochester. Even though it's his hometown I think it would take a sizeable offer to get him to go there. Plus I doubt Buffalo wants to do anything to improve their outlook for next season.

FLA has a lot of money to spend and have been pretty vocal about wanting to make some splashes. Much like CGY, he'd be a great mentor for the kids.
    Good call. Tallon has already meantioned his name as one of the prime Targets. Would not be suprised at all to see him wind up a bit more south than Tampa.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I've heard edmonton mentioned. It would make sense if they trade another forward like gagner or yakupov for help on defence.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Veteran

Would love to see him on the Oilers....he embodies what the team is in dire need of, and in spades. Ultra-high compete level, physicality, great penalty killer and 2-way forward that can play anywhere in the top 9.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon