Thread: Offer on the table: what should I do?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Offer on the table: what should I do?

Here's an offer I got:

My Eberle and Shattenkirk

For

His Kunitz and JVR

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Offer on the table: what should I do?

I would not do that if I was you . Eberle> JVR ... Shattenkirk > Kunitz(age factor). Plus you're thin on D . I'd love to own Shattenkirk in mine .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

The Great One

Personally, I like JVR better than Eberle. But the rest of that deal seems awful, especially for a team that's thin on D.

Your trading partner doesn't seem very bright; if he wants Shattenkirk he should know enough to toss a D-man into that deal.

Banned

I'd stick with what you got already

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm going to go the other way. The cap space difference makes this deal good for you. In a cap league Kunitz is the best value you can get (70 points for $3.8 million), while Eberle is among the worst (65 points for $6 million).

It would be tough to give up Shattenkirk, but if your league only uses 16 D-men, I imagine your FA pool is pretty decent.

I would also assume you are adding JVR and dropping Marchand or Stewart, which would probably be an upgrade to your forward corps in a points only league. With your cap savings you might also be able to drop Marchand AND Stewart and add a more expensive forward.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zipper14 View Post
    I'm going to go the other way. The cap space difference makes this deal good for you. In a cap league Kunitz is the best value you can get (70 points for $3.8 million), while Eberle is among the worst (65 points for $6 million).

It would be tough to give up Shattenkirk, but if your league only uses 16 D-men, I imagine your FA pool is pretty decent.

I would also assume you are adding JVR and dropping Marchand or Stewart, which would probably be an upgrade to your forward corps in a points only league. With your cap savings you might also be able to drop Marchand AND Stewart and add a more expensive forward.
    This rationale makes the most sense to me, especially in a points only league, and agreed that there must be a ton of dmen on the wire of available in the re-draft.

The only piece I would look at is where are you today in terms of contending - as you are moving two young pieces (two years from now Kunitz will be a 40-50 point player and Eberle will be in his prime). If you are in a win soon mode, then this deal may make sense, if you're not there yet I would hold.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by zipper14 View Post
    Not sure if this changes your analysis, but 8 team league x 3 D = 24 D that count. And at Keep 17, hard to say, but the number might be slightly higher or lower than that. Going into the season with Schultz as his only D seems a bit worrying to me...

Dobber Sports Genius

I can tell you that there's a lot of D available on the WW....all the other GMs are looking for cheap options as they don't want to spend to much money on D....I already have to drop 2 fwds and 1 G and I also have to grab 1 D from the WW....I'm wondering if JVR will continue to go up and hit 70-75 pts and if Eberle will reach 80??.....Shattenkirk is a 45-50 pts max guy for me....so I think Kunitz may do more for the same price.....

Since I can grab some Ds at a cheaper price for maybe 30-35 pts.....my first look to the deal was:

Eberle = JVR
    Kunitz > Shattenkirk (since there's a lot of possibilities for D at 30-35 pts with some $$ saved)

but I wonder if Eberle will ever be a 85 pts guy in the league.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    I can tell you that there's a lot of D available on the WW....all the other GMs are looking for cheap options as they don't want to spend to much money on D....I already have to drop 2 fwds and 1 G and I also have to grab 1 D from the WW....I'm wondering if JVR will continue to go up and hit 70-75 pts and if Eberle will reach 80??.....Shattenkirk is a 45-50 pts max guy for me....so I think Kunitz may do more for the same price.....

Since I can grab some Ds at a cheaper price for maybe 30-35 pts.....my first look to the deal was:

Eberle = JVR
    Kunitz > Shattenkirk (since there's a lot of possibilities for D at 30-35 pts with some $$ saved)

but I wonder if Eberle will ever be a 85 pts guy in the league.....
    I think you nailed it here. This is a win now deal. Kunitz is the most valuable player in the deal right now, but Eberle could take off. Given that, I would take the risk. Edmonton has shown no signs of turning things around; its potential stars need to show me something before I start buying their $6 million dollar salaries. I have RNH in one of my cap leagues and I'm afraid of his salary weighing me down.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Issue may be what changes are going to happen in Pitt over summer, and is this the year Edm makes a move. Think I would keep Eberle - just for the upside.
    Try and trade Shattenkirk if there is good players available on WW.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO