Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name the top 10 players

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Name the top 10 players

I thought I would start a thread to see what peoples opinions are on who the top 10 players in the league are. Let's use regular scoring Cats but feel free to List for whatever League setting you want..

I list them as follows

1. Crosby
    2.Ovechkin
    3. Malkin
    4.Stamkos
    5.Tavares
    6.Giroux
    7.Getzlaf
    8.Seguin
    9.Kessel
    10.Kane

Let the lists fly and the debates rage!
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Name the top 10 players

1. Crosby
    2. Stamkos
    3. Malkin
    4. Giroux
    5. Tavares
    6. Ovechkin
    7. Toews
    8. Getzlaf
    9. Kane
    10. Benn

Dobber Sports Initiate

Crosby
    Stamkos
    Malkin
    Ovechkin
    Giroux
    Tavares
    Kessel
    Neal (unless he gets traded)
    Getzlaf
    Kane

Dobber Sports Prodigy

1) Crosby
    2) Stamkos
    3) Tavares
    4) Ovechkin
    5) Giroux
    6) Malkin
    7) Rask
    8) Karlsson
    9) Lundqvist
    10) Getzlaf

Malkin seems a bit low, but I feel you really need to get a lot of games out of your first pick, and I don't trust Malkin's health as much as the guys ahead of him.
    Keeper (No minimum, max 5) 9 Teams 2013-2014, 2014-2015 League Champion

Keepers in Bold

G/A/+/-/PIM/PPP/SOG W/GAA/Sv%/SHO
    4LW-4C-4RW-6D-2Util-2G

C-
    LW-
    RW-
    D- Karlsson
    G-

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Crosby
    Stamkos
    Ovechkin
    Malkin
    Giroux
    Tavares
    Rask
    Kessel
    Price
    Karlsson

Hon mention: Kane Getzlaf Perry Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Novice

Crosby
    Stamkos
    Tavares
    Malkin
    Giroux
    Getzlaf
    Ovechkin
    Toews
    Kane
    Perry
    DURT
    The League

2013/14 Champion

Dobber Sports Titan

1. Crosby
    2. Giroux
    3. Stamkos
    4. Tavares
    5. Malkin
    6. Ovi

7. Perry
    8. Sequin
    9. Getz
    10. Kessel

11. Benn
    12. Kane
    13. Hall
    14. Duchene

Rask, Price, and maybe Lunquist could be thrown into the list if you’re including goalies
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Legend

Fantasy-wise moving forward; not real life and NOT counting goalies or D-Men:

1. Crosby
    2. Stamkos
    3. Malkin
    4. Tavares
    5. Giroux
    6. Ovechkin
    7. Kane
    8. Getzlaf
    9. Perry
    10. Benn
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    1. Crosby
    2. Giroux
    3. Stamkos
    4. Tavares
    5. Malkin
    6. Ovi

7. Perry
    8. Sequin
    9. Getz
    10. Kessel

11. Benn
    12. Kane
    13. Hall
    14. Duchene

Rask, Price, and maybe Lunquist could be thrown into the list if you’re including goalies

Personally and per my league, I think/hope you've nailed it here. However I do believe Karlsson is very close to cracking the top 10 over all regardless of his position...and even more so when considering him as a Defenceman.

Dobber Sports Padawan

By players I am going to assume skaters leaving out goalies and Dman. Otherwise both Rask and Karlsson are top 10 in my opinion:

1. Crosby (he should continue to dominate and only an IR stint can stop him from being the top dog and MVP again)
    2. Stamkos (he lost his running buddy St. Louis but with the emergence of Palat and Drouin on the way, he should continue to terrorize the opposition)
    3. Tavares (having developed great chemistry with Okposo and having another potential stud on the way -if Strome plays wing- or- with a young up and coming team in place, having signed Halak and with plenty of cap space, perhaps they can attract another stud for his wing)
    4. Ovechkin. Something tells me he will have a lot of clout on who the caps bring in to coach the team which can only mean good things for him. He is a great bounce back candidate and should give Stamkos a run for the Rocket)
    5. Malkin. Playing 2nd fiddle to Sid and with a new GM (and likely new coach) on the scene, will he be more motivated or used on a top loaded line with Sid. Will he be moved? Still a super stud but I'd take any of the clear cut #1 top dogs on their team above ahead of him.
    5. Giroux. He has been an unstoppable force since the calendar turned to 2014. Imagine if he hadn't had that slow sluggish start to the season. He could easily be 2nd to Sid in total points.
    6. Seguin. He might be a bit of a reach here but after what he did his 1st season in big D, forming a solid duo with Benn, and Nichuskin likely to take another leap forward, guarantee as a PPG guy.
    7. Kane. He's been unstoppable for the Blackhawks all year and in the playoffs. With all the firepower already there and more (Teravainen / upgrade 2nd line C) on the way, there is no reason he shouldn't be able to repeat his sensational year.
    8. Getzlaf. The biggest reason the Ducks have been solid from beginning to end only to be ousted by the mighty Kings in the playoffs. With Perry locked up I expect the points to keep on pouring for Getz.
    9. Kopitar. I have a hunch that the Kings will get a deal done with Gabby which can only mean good things for Kopi. If Gabby can stay off the IR for the majority of the season, Kopi could finally see that much anticipated leap in points that puts him in the discussion for the big 4.
    10. Mackinnon or Hall (coin flip). Can make avoid the sophmore slump and take another step forward? Colorado's offense is scary good and he is the biggest reason why. Hall could very well justify his presence here if he stays healthy and the Oil finally take winning seriously and vy for a playoff spot. Having another top pick as a trade chip, along with Nurse on the way and a more stable situation in net, next year might just be the year.

Honorable mentions: Toews, Perry, Backstrom, Benn, Duchene (All of these guys could very well be pushing for a top 10 finish but I just wanted a bigger number of teams to be represented - but they are all pretty much just as good as their linemates/team mates ranked above)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Kind of surprised to see Kessel on only four lists so far. Since the start of the 11/12 season only Giroux has more points and Ovechkin more shots. He's finished in the top ten in scoring the last three seasons, and hasn't missed a game in four years.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by strider2k2 View Post
    Kind of surprised to see Kessel on only four lists so far. Since the start of the 11/12 season only Giroux has more points and Ovechkin more shots. He's finished in the top ten in scoring the last three seasons, and hasn't missed a game in four years.
    Well that would be points only. Kessel doesn't do much other stat stuffing like most of the others who can also hit or get pims, or have a better +/- cuz of their two way play etc.

Dobber Sports Titan

It would be hard to argue Karlsson on this list. He’s top 20 for sure. However, he’s not offensive enough to be top 10, nor has the defensive ability to combine with his current offensive numbers to say top 10 player. Give me one more season of ppg numbers and be +10ish and I’ll add him to top 15. Defensemen numbers are pretty volatile. A coach could all of a sudden say no more rushing by the D, and that would kill Karlsson.

To me I couldn’t say Mac over Perry, Kessel, Backstrom, or Sharp. It’s too early for him to be mentioned with the rest.

If Kane actually had some talent on the same line as him, Oh. My. Gawd. Look out. Saad and Handzus feed off Kanes skill.

No one gives Kessel any credit. I would love to see him work on endurance this off season and be able to stay on the ice after his traditional rushes where he just puts on the breaks at the hash marks. But he’s no longer one dimensional, his passing game drastically improved the second JvR was on the same line as him. Due to Kessels flexy stick the passes kinda slung off the blade and handcuffed a lot of people. But JvR has some of the best hands someone his size so he can handle the passes. I posted kessel as 10th, but you could argue him anywhere from 7th to 10th. Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Malkin, Ovi and Tavares being in front of him.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by vangregs View Post
    Well that would be points only. Kessel doesn't do much other stat stuffing like most of the others who can also hit or get pims, or have a better +/- cuz of their two way play etc.
    Fair enough, although those same things could be said about Tavares as well (minus player every season of his career and has only ever cracked 50PIMs once). That isn't to say that Kessel is as good as Tavares, since Tavares has the potential to be so much more, just that he is pretty far from a multi-cat stud in his own right. Also, don't you think that there should be a bit of a premium put on goals, since they're going to be the hardest thing to find on the waiver wire? You can always find good PIM and +/- guys.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm surprised to see people valuing Malkin so low, compared to Tavares I believe Malkin is the far superior player.
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray