Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    As usual the only idiot here is yourself.

It's a shame that the only way the Rangers can win a berth to the cup is to injure their opponent's best player, I can't wait until the Hawks or Kings sweep you and you're crying in your beer
    I thought PK Subban was their best player. His upcoming contract demands are sure going to seem like it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Easy guys, it is idiotic to resort to name calling.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    As usual the only idiot here is yourself.

It's a shame that the only way the Rangers can win a berth to the cup is to injure their opponent's best player, I can't wait until the Hawks or Kings sweep you and you're crying in your beer
    first it was rangers could only beat Pittsburgh if fleury sucks, now it's they can only beat Montreal if they take out price. Hilarious. If what people say about the habs is true, then they can still win. But it isn't true. Their team is pretty ordinary. 9/10 the bruins make it through

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    While I agree the DMEN should help protect Price, look at the play again. No one tripped Kreider. He slid on his a**. Remember when Kreider elbowed Fleury last series....? Um, yeah...It was an "accidentally on purpose"... And I ain't OK with that.
    I am not sure what replay you are looking at but Emelin CLEARLY hits CK's knee with his stick. Not sure how much skating you have done in your life but when skating at high speed (in CK's case it was 35+ kph) even a small tap is enough to send you skidding on your @$$.

I want to know why a minor penalty on Emelin wasn't called. Seriously man that is a penalty as he prevented a shot on goal and a scoring chance and Emeline did not come close to touching the puck.

The other plays in CK's ALLEGED goalie "running" history consist of

Methot pushing him into Craig Anderson (another uncalled penalty)
    &
    Letang pushing and slashing him into MAF

in all 3 cases
    1. no penalty was called on the Defense
    2. the Defensemen were cleanly beaten yet used stick or pushed CK while he was in on the netminder
    3. It was a hockey play

This isn't Matt Cooke blindsiding Marc Savard and ending his career
    nor is it
    PK Subban taunting the opposition bench, nor slewfooting numerous opponents
    nor is it
    Lucic stating he will kill someone during the handshake
    nor is it
    Bertuzzi taking a shot at Steve Moore

Its a hard play by a 6'3" 225 pound forward skating at 30+ kph who cleanly beats the covering D.

Calls for MTL to run henrik are bush league

I understand people are mad at the situation, but be mad at the coaching staff and the defender not CK. The staff for not developing a plan to contain CK's outstanding speed and the defense for causing a 225 pound missile to go skidding into their own netminder

/rant complete
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I am not sure what replay you are looking at but Emelin CLEARLY hits CK's knee with his stick. Not sure how much skating you have done in your life but when skating at high speed (in CK's case it was 35+ kph) even a small tap is enough to send you skidding on your @$$.

I want to know why a minor penalty on Emelin wasn't called. Seriously man that is a penalty as he prevented a shot on goal and a scoring chance and Emeline did not come close to touching the puck.

The other plays in CK's ALLEGED goalie "running" history consist of

Methot pushing him into Craig Anderson (another uncalled penalty)
    &
    Letang pushing and slashing him into MAF

in all 3 cases
    1. no penalty was called on the Defense
    2. the Defensemen were cleanly beaten yet used stick or pushed CK while he was in on the netminder
    3. It was a hockey play

This isn't Matt Cooke blindsiding Marc Savard and ending his career
    nor is it
    PK Subban taunting the opposition bench, nor slewfooting numerous opponents
    nor is it
    Lucic stating he will kill someone during the handshake
    nor is it
    Bertuzzi taking a shot at Steve Moore

Its a hard play by a 6'3" 225 pound forward skating at 30+ kph who cleanly beats the covering D.

Calls for MTL to run henrik are bush league

I understand people are mad at the situation, but be mad at the coaching staff and the defender not CK. The staff for not developing a plan to contain CK's outstanding speed and the defense for causing a 225 pound missile to go skidding into their own netminder

/rant complete

I have done enough skating thank you.

Nowhere in his address does Kreider himself say any opposing player caused him to fall. He said he felt pressure but pretty well admitted going on his a** himself. This idea that you can go barreling towards a goaltender at such a high speed and somehow not be responsible for the consequences is completely absurd. Yes, you can create speed and blow past defenders but just because you are carrying the puck it can't give you some kind of free pass to charge at the goaltender and fly into him without regard for the consequences.

He may not have dived into Price but he certainly didn't have to much concern for how that play was going to end and how he was about to crash into Price and smash his leg against the post. Reckless doesn't mean that the actor has premeditated the consequences of his actions, but rather that the degree of carelessness shown in the play infers that we can impute an intent on Kreider to cause those consequences. Reckless negligence still comes with responsibility. It's a duty of care and I think on this play, Kreider has a duty of care to do EVERYTHING he can to avoid any sort of contact with the goaltender, which includes reducing your speed, veering away or turning your body in such a fashion to not cause harm to the goalie.

But in this situation, it's the playoffs, Kreider doesn't care what happens to Price and the negative consequence just so happen to help his team in the series by about 450%. So, yeah, with all of that bunched together, I am going to impute some intent on Kreider for this play, if only because he and his team benefit ridiculously from his rather careless actions.

rant over.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Banned

Well the coach of the Habs wasn't even mad about this play before we knew Price was injured. That says it all. It's a nothing play that nobody cares about. More whining from the Habs, whining about respect. It's all they ever do. Two straight years of a simple hockey play injuring a player (Eller last year), and they whine whine whine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Remind me again how the Sens are doing in the playoffs this year Ev

****ing troll
    How's that relevant? We're allowed to discuss any team we want. It's BS to say I'm not allowed to talk about the Habs and their hypocrisy because my team is not playing.

Michel Therein said this was an accidental play the day it happened. Now he says the opposite. Two plays where the Habs player is the one who caused the incident (Diaz last year, Emelin this year).

Banned

I love how you call people trolls when they post something they don't like. Do us all a favour and take a break from the forums.

Banned

"We'll be there". Who would that be? Cuz I've got many people agreeing with my previous comments via positive rep.

The only troll on this site is yourself. You are a fool, and everyone is tired of your act.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think I speak for the majority of readers on these forums when I say you are both trolls who feed on each other and most on here are tired of reading your foolish bickering that contributes nothing to a thread.

How about I start a sandbox thread for you two to hammer the crap out of each other. If people want to stop by and read it then that's their perogative. Other then that, I see no purpose for the mindless bickering.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    "We'll be there". Who would that be? Cuz I've got many people agreeing with my previous comments via positive rep.

The only troll on this site is yourself. You are a fool, and everyone is tired of your act.
    We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.
    Amen. Seriously, Ev, what is your deal? Your complete and utter lack of perspective and respect and your rather evident bias and hate for fans of other teams is far beyond annoying. I can count on one hand the amount of constructive posts you've made in the last while and I am not a fan. Grow up. Either participate in conversations like an adult, or don't participate at all. Yeesh..
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Do us all a favour and take a break from the forums.
    I would rather call on you to take a break to get some distance from the rich points you always try to make. I would say it is your act that is tired, if it's gonna be the act that you've displayed lately..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Well the coach of the Habs wasn't even mad about this play before we knew Price was injured. That says it all. It's a nothing play that nobody cares about. More whining from the Habs, whining about respect. It's all they ever do. Two straight years of a simple hockey play injuring a player (Eller last year), and they whine whine whine.
    Umm... I'm pretty sure Gryba was suspended. His hit was predatory, with no play for the puck and he got two games for a headshot.. So, not a simple hockey play. It was deemed illegal, so this post is senseless...

Also, I doubt knocking a team's franchise player out of the playoffs can be considered a "nothing play that nobody cares about". In fact, it is very much an important play that thousands, if not millions, care about. Just because you don't, doesn't mean others don't as well. Come on...

If you're just gonna join in threads to poke at Habs fans and not to discuss anything of substance, then I would suggest that to be trolling..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Amen. Seriously, Ev, what is your deal? Your complete and utter lack of perspective and respect and your rather evident bias and hate for fans of other teams is far beyond annoying. I can count on one hand the amount of constructive posts you've made in the last while and I am not a fan. Grow up. Either participate in conversations like an adult, or don't participate at all. Yeesh..
    Um excuse me? I expected better from you, a guy who I thought was a good poster. I make a valid post and buddy tells me to **** off? And you wanna talk about respect? As for the bolded, what are you talking about? Am I the one telling people to **** off?

Just because you don't like what I or other people post doesn't mean it isn't constructive. Just because I am criticizing the hypocrisy of the Habs and a lot of their fans doesn't mean I'm not posting like an "adult". The only person who needs to grow up is Mr. McGoo. Telling guys like me and Praba who are posting their thoughts, not insulting others, not trolling, to **** off is disrespectful.

There are dozens of people who agree with what I wrote. That is not trolling. That is not disrespect (gee, that word again).

So I have a lack of perspective for saying that Michel Therrien is a hypocrite when the facts are all laid out on the table? I have a lack of perspective for saying Kreider didn't do that intentionally (which he didn't and everyone pretty much agrees except Habs fans with their blinders on).

Absolutely ridiculous. It is pointless to discuss anything if you guys just take everything personally and get your feelings hurt. And I'm the one who should grow up? Wow.