Thread: Star Wars: the Clone Wars

Dobber Sports Star

Default Star Wars: the Clone Wars

Has anybody ever seen this? A good friend of mine says it's awesome. He says it's dark and not like you would expect. I need a new series to watch and I have the opportunity to buy the first 5 seasons on Blu Ray for fairly cheap. I thought I would gather others opinions before I pull the trigger on this one.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Star Wars: the Clone Wars

I just recently started watching it, it's pretty good. It's canon and fills in the story between the second and third movies.

Only gripe is that it is a cartoon and in the end for children, so there's a lot of battle droids with their stupid one-liners and way too much Jar Jar Binks.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I just recently started watching it, it's pretty good. It's canon and fills in the story between the second and third movies.

Only gripe is that it is a cartoon and in the end for children, so there's a lot of battle droids with their stupid one-liners and way too much Jar Jar Binks.
    It is for children but through the seasons there are a lot of episodes that I found myself asking "how in the world is this for children". It's actually a pretty good show.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

The Great One

Jar Jar Brinks? Enough said. You couldn't pay me to watch that.

Dobber Sports Genius

Just saw a review for this (Reviews on the Run, anyone?) that's got me thinking of checking it out at some point. Apparently the shows get darker/more grown up as the series goes on. They did gripe a bit about Jar Jar, but overall they loved it.

It's on Netflix, so that might be a good place to check it out.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Jar Jar Brinks? Enough said. You couldn't pay me to watch that.
    Not much actually, but any amount is too much

I'm midway through Season 2. But I'm reading the books and realized that there were several things that the books do not resolve, but this series does. So that's why I'm watching. Things such as:
    1 - Ahsoka leaving the order
    2 - Bariss turning bad?
    3 - Darth Maul returning
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Wizard

I've only watched the first 20 episodes or so, but there have been probably 3 or 4 starring Jar Jar so far and they've been awful.

Overall it's still a fun show to watch, though.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Just saw a review for this (Reviews on the Run, anyone?) that's got me thinking of checking it out at some point. Apparently the shows get darker/more grown up as the series goes on. They did gripe a bit about Jar Jar, but overall they loved it.

It's on Netflix, so that might be a good place to check it out.
    Awesome. That's what started this in the first place. We were watching Reviews on the Run, which I watch every day, and my buddy said he has seen the whole series.

Rylant