Thread: Prospects Guide - Quick Question...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Prospects Guide - Quick Question...

First time buying the guide, and I\'m loving everything in it. Dobber and Bugg do a really nice job

Just wondering if there well be another update to the top 40 and prospect info now that the Draft has passed and we know where guys like Filatov, Boedker, et al. have ended up.

I...am your father.

No....there would be no end to updates if I update after every major change (free agency, training camp, etc)
    Sorry!
    We\'ll keep free coverage going on the site though, which will help you shape your opinion further
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Dobber wrote:
    No....there would be no end to updates if I update after every major change (free agency, training camp, etc)
    Sorry!
    We\'ll keep free coverage going on the site though, which will help you shape your opinion further
    What you mean this isn\'t your full time 24/7 job? :laugh:

I haven\'t yet purchased my guide because I\'m trying to put my own together first so I can compare/contrast...I\'ve heard great things though so I\'m eagerly looking forward to picking it up soon.

I dunno if this makes sense Dobber, I certainly don\'t want to create more work for you but what might be a good compromise, rather than updating the whole report would be to release a simple list of players and their projected movement in the rankings based off the off-season moves (i.e. increase, decrease, stay the same). And I dont think you\'d need to do it multiple times, just once before the season kicks off.

just a thought

Dobber Sports Sophomore

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    Dobber wrote:
    Sorry!
    I dunno if this makes sense Dobber, I certainly don\'t want to create more work for you but what might be a good compromise, rather than updating the whole report would be to release a simple list of players and their projected movement in the rankings based off the off-season moves (i.e. increase, decrease, stay the same). And I dont think you\'d need to do it multiple times, just once before the season kicks off.

just a thought
    Am I missing something here? Dobber\'s July update of the top 200 prospect ranking is the most anticipated update for the entire year for obvious reasons.

Banned

broadway wrote:
    Am I missing something here? Dobber\'s July update of the top 200 prospect ranking is the most anticipated update for the entire year for obvious reasons.
    Shit man I dunno, like I said this will be the first time I get the Dobber guide

Dobber Sports Ace

i think he means just the prospect list from the website, mcgoo. not the guide itself.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Sophomore

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    broadway wrote:
    Shit man I dunno, like I said this will be the first time I get the Dobber guide
    Sorry for the edgy post. On July 10th, Dobber will come up with a revised top 200 prospect list that will include the current crop, I believe. Nothing fancy, just a 1 through 200 ranking.