Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Kypreos tweets that Ontario captains being shopped

Banned

Default Re: Kypreos tweets that Ontario captains being shopped

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I agree with everything except the cash part. I wouldn't mind 5.25 for like 2-3 years. The term is crazy. ****en UFA's.
    yeah, either/or I guess...you are right, short term overpayments are better, that way it only hurts for a little while

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Yeah, makes sense, I was being hypothetical. Not sure Turris breaks 50 points playing against the opposition's best. Then again he would get PP1 time. I don't see them landing a 1C via free agency or trade.
    But he did that this year playing mostly against the the opposition's best with not as much PP time as others, and last year he was on pace for 50 as well, when Spezza was injured the whole year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Stastny would be a smart signing for them I think...I wonder how much he will cost though, he was overpaid in Colorado IMO
    he's going to get similar/more money. If he is a UFA they will be making an offer, no question.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    It's really a shame that the archives for these forums are all gone in the upgrade/downgrade maintenance because sadly we can't bring up that Clarkson signing thread from last summer so we can review the appalling arguments and justifications for why that deal was good for the Leafs -lol...my oh my that was a funny thread, but certainly now we're not going to get any of you to actually admit to it at this point.
    Actually, the archives are there, it's just the search button that's not working properly. You can find them if you go through old threads if you have an idea of the date you're searching for.

Here's the Clarkson signing thread: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...larkson-to-TOR

And here's one right before the signing, where some sing Clarkson's praises: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...David-Clarkson

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

Yeah I would still take Clarkson on the Sens. The Leafs were never a good fit for him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    After reading Shanahan's interview with various media guys yesterday, it sure sounds like Phaneuf isn't going anywhere. Although Shanny does say he wants to help him be a better leader. Not sure you can teach that sort of thing, Brendan.

If it wasn't for the cap, I'd be fine with keeping Dion and just surrounding him with better pieces. But, in a cap system, you can't pay #1 money to a flawed d-man and expect to become a winner. It's the same reason why the Clarkson signing is such an obvious albatross. Fortunately, Dion isn't completely useless, unlike Clarkson, but the logic is the same. Every dollar paid to both of those flawed players has a huge opportunity cost associated with it.
    It's true that he said that. But I wonder whether it was some way to persuade other teams that they are pretty much giving Dion away. Because prior to that comment, my personal thought was that TO was going to be screwed on any deal that involved moving their captain but now they can maybe ask a bit more in return.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot