Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jack is back tonight!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Jack is back tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Go ahead and compare it to whatever fits your hyperbolic statements.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but just go out and read whatever TV blogs or review sites you want and you'll find that 24 is regarded by pretty much everyone (but the hardcore fans) to be mediocre dreck. Badly written, overacted, often nonsensical and with more deus ex machina than you can shake a stick at. So no, it's hardly hyperbole. Just because you happen to love it, that doesn't make it good TV.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but just go out and read whatever TV blogs or review sites you want and you'll find that 24 is regarded by pretty much everyone (but the hardcore fans) to be mediocre dreck. Badly written, overacted, often nonsensical and with more deus ex machina than you can shake a stick at. So no, it's hardly hyperbole. Just because you happen to love it, that doesn't make it good TV.
    They've gotta be doing something right if you're still tuning in for an entire season despite how terrible you feel it is

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    They've gotta be doing something right if you're still tuning in for an entire season despite how terrible you feel it is
    Meh. Twelve episodes. Auto-pilot watching, pretty much. I have the same love/hate thing going with Big Bang Theory, which is complete shit in most ways, but I still want to know what happens with a couple of characters. Jack was a non-factor for me this year. I was more interested in Chloe at first and then Kate and Boudreau as the season wore on. The last half was just a big bore.
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

Meh. Twelve episodes. Auto-pilot watching, pretty much. I have the same love/hate thing going with Big Bang Theory, which is complete shit in most ways, but I still want to know what happens with a couple of characters. Jack was a non-factor for me this year. I was more interested in Chloe at first and then Kate and Boudreau as the season wore on. The last half was just a big bore.
    I'm opposite. Zero interest in Chloe and Boudreau. Very interested in Jack and Kate

Good comeback for this show. Just shut off your brain and enjoy. Ignore the logic gaps and time gaps (escape a multiple murder scene with officials milling about, and on the road driving a few blocks away in just 3 minutes!)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Hmmm...somebody didn't shut off their brain when they started watching. I told you! Do it properly or don't do it at all!

Good TV - is it better than a black screen? If yes, it's good TV. Let's not make this into a NASA scientific analysis lab

PS - if you ever have trouble shutting off your brain, just add beer. - Dr. Dobber

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Meh. I thought this was pretty mediocre. The show is still a parody of itself and most sideplots are still pretty meaningless filler. Lots of horribly bad writing. Only real bright spots this year were Belcheck, Yvonne Strahovski and Tate Donovan as Boudreau (reminded me of Gregory Itzin as Charles Logan). Three out of five stars.
    3 out of 5 sounds right to me. Belcheck! I like him too, forgot about that guy

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't think you know what mediocre dreck is. You use a ridiculous comparison of one the greatest shows of all time as some sort of criteria for calling something else mediocre since you can easily stream the show. That's an absolutely laughable rationale. I think everyone know exactly what 24 is and no one is suggesting it gets nominated for an Emmy.

LOL- mediocre dreck? Weren't you the one who said the greatest albums of all-time were some 90s melodramatic fluff like Counting Crows and the Goo-Goo Dolls or something like that?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I don't think you know what mediocre dreck is. You use a ridiculous comparison of one the greatest shows of all time as some sort of criteria for calling something else mediocre since you can easily stream the show. That's an absolutely laughable rationale. I think everyone know exactly what 24 is and no one is suggesting it gets nominated for an Emmy.

LOL- mediocre dreck? Weren't you the one who said the greatest albums of all-time were some 90s melodramatic fluff like Counting Crows and the Goo-Goo Dolls or something like that?
    Get back to me when you grow a brain. Or not, because you're on my ignore list now. If you can't even fathom that Breaking Bad was an EXAMPLE of a good show, no one can help you. Buh-bye!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

Get back to me when you grow a brain. Or not, because you're on my ignore list now. If you can't even fathom that Breaking Bad was an EXAMPLE of a good show, no one can help you. Buh-bye!
    No problem. I have read enough of your combative, over-the-top responses to others to understand your MO. Go listen to some Matchbox 20 you tasteless douchebag.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

I...am your father.

Of course...you two understand that this is just opinions, right? And on such a topic as this...there really isn't a wrong one? Sure, there's a popular one. And an unpopular one. But not a wrong one

We're all friends here. Let me buy you two a beer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    We're all friends here. Let me buy you two a beer
    So that's all it takes to get a free beer around here? Picking a fight?

In that case... to borrow a line from our pal McGoo - go **** yourself you moronic imbecile!

I'll take a Corona thanks

Dobber Sports Wizard

He said a beer, Corona isn't beer.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    He said a beer, Corona isn't beer.
    HAH - I put that in there just to piss you off I felt it was long overdue since I haven't had a chance to crash your beer thread in a while

Dobber Sports Wizard

Now this is beer....

ommegang-three-philosophers.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

20061016-Keith%20Bottle.jpg

This is a beer you fools.

Getting back on topic, I enjoyed this season. I do hope they bring it back for at least one more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."