Thread: How much of a difference will be between Hall and Johasen going forward?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default How much of a difference will be between Hall and Johasen going forward?

For league in Sig. Goal heavy. I know that Hall should out point Johansen. But how much in my league should it be going forward in FPTS. This year Hall scored 228 FPTS and Johansen scored 241 FPTS. May look to trade one but Hall should have way more value then Johansen.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: How much of a difference will be between Hall and Johasen going forward?

Hall has quite a bit more value. Johansen really only outperformed Hall in 3 areas that I can see and they were +/-, GWGs, and Hits. As Edm improves you'll see an improvement in +/- and GWG for Hall, which are both fickle categories anyway, they could just as easily regress for Johansen. Outside of that the hit's advantage will remain.

The main thing is that high octane offensive players will have more value as Hall will easily win the points battle and outside of +/- he'll be adequate to very good every where else. I think there should be a decent gap in the value between these two players with Hall being the leader.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: How much of a difference will be between Hall and Johasen going forward?

That's kind of what I'm thinking that Hall will probably score just as many goals and out point Johansen by a decent bit. When oilers get better +/- should be on the plus side, and more GWG. I gave up a lot to get Hall. So don't want to trade Hall unless I can have similar value in Johansen. But i think Hall has potential to hit 90 pts frequently. Johansen potential is hard to say, with not much help in blue jackets. Maybe PPG for Johansen for couple seasons.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Hall is in the category just outside the elite (Malkin,Crosby, Stammer, OVi, Tavares and Giroux), and he's a player because of age,pediagree and already to a degree proven abillity that needs to be a cornerstone of somebodys squad. I think that gap will be quite substantial going forward, and I think Hall will remain a hot commodity for years to come. He will be very hard to aquire and always be someone that can be moved if needed for key pieceses.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky