Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tavares to FLA next year?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tavares to FLA next year?

jdreed3184 wrote:
    I don\'t think Florida will be in the bottom 3...

My bottom 5 list is:

1. Atlanta (absolutely nothing, reminds me of the 2002 Pens where Rico Fata was our 1st line center)
    2. Tampa Bay (Smith will play decently, but secondary scoring is non-existent and defense is mediocre at best)
    3. LA Kings (until a bonafide goalie gets signed, LA will continue to lose to its division. they are not as bad as it will appear, but their division and conference will make them lose)
    4. Islanders (goaltending is decent but there is just no scoring and questionable defense)
    5. Edmonton or Florida (Edmonton\'s goalie situation is iffy and they are very young...Florida is Florida)

other questionables: Carolina, Buffalo, St. Louis, Columbus, and the Leafs...
    Buffalo won\'t be bottom 5 next year. I think they\'ll make the playoffs. They have an awesome full four lines of offense, and might make a run for 2nd in the NE (over Ottawa).
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Ted Nolan\'s smoke & mirrors routine ends next year. Tavares ends up on Long Island.

Dobber Sports Pro

Florida trades a top line center for a promising d-man in Ballard (good), a d-man who was recently on waivers in Boynton (bad) and a 2nd round pick (really bad)? Did Jacques Martin not realize that there were 29 other teams he could have talked too?
    I think Martin viewed Jokinen\'s value as \"that poor\". They did not get along and I do not think Martin was ever able to separate the coaching and personality conflicts from being a solid talent evaluator and good GM.
    Horrible trade. Were Gretz and Barnett giggling their asses off after this one? Martin just moved a legitimate 90 point #1 C, with a decent salary for nothing. It is like the Joe Thorton trade all over again.
    Even if they get Tavares, he should not be around to make the selection.

Dobber Sports Guru

read an article today saying how jokinen\'s rep among league gm\'s is basically \"last one on the ice, first one off\", hence why his value was so low. and also... a third of a team\'s defence corps is no small price. maybe not a ton, but more than every other team was willing to pay.

wizworm! sweet.

anyway, karma for reeveta for his goalie-badness connection.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

DuklaNation wrote:
    I think Ted Nolan\'s smoke & mirrors routine ends next year. Tavares ends up on Long Island.
    I say that you may have a point that they may finish last...but even if they win the lottery...they\'ll swap picks with Atlanta and pick fifth overall...but hey...they\'ll get an extra second rounder :blink:

Dobber Sports Veteran

PrairieFire wrote:
    DuklaNation wrote:
    I say that you may have a point that they may finish last...but even if they win the lottery...they\'ll swap picks with Atlanta and pick fifth overall...but hey...they\'ll get an extra second rounder :blink:
    lol. Very nice. Ah Garth, he should have stuck to goalie coaching...
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

PrairieFire wrote:
    DuklaNation wrote:
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

The Great One

Veritas0Aequitas wrote:
    PrairieFire wrote:
    DuklaNation wrote:
    Maybe this is year 2 of a 12 year re-building plan...