Thread: 1st round betting

Dobber Sports Ace

Default 1st round betting

So ive bet on the first round playoff matchup results in what's called a 4 fold. Basically variables of 4 from the teams I picked pay out at all variable combinations.

So far I've gotten Boston, Pittsburgh, Anahiem and Chicago correct. So I'm already getting something back.

Funnily enough the one series I wasn't sure on was the MTL/TB series so didn't pick a team making my bet a variables of 4/7 bet. I thought MTL because of the bishop injury but my brother was very convincing and said Tampa would win without him... Shouldv'e gone with my gut instead of his Tampa fanboy bias....

Anyway the remaining 3 matchups I have Minny, Philly and La to win.

With all three having won games 6 I'm hoping momentum gets them over the line.

Suffice to say I'm as giddy as a kid at Christmas!! I wish I could watch the games today instead I have to work! Needless to say, I'll be checking the box scores constantly.

If all 3 win I'm set to win over $1600, not huge amounts by any means but enough to afford a PS4 and NHL15 and take the wife out on the town. All from a $70 bet.

How do you guys like my chances?
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: 1st round betting

Looks good to me. How much for 5 or 6 right? Through a bookie or online somewhere?

Dobber Sports Ace

It'll vary depending on who makes it, Minny had the longest odds so if they win I'll be pretty happy. It'd take ages to work out the combinations. But I imagine if only 1 wins I'll probably end up with around $200... The more teams win, the more combinations of 4.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Banned

sounds like you're in good shape to at least make a little money, so that's a good thing

I think the one thing that will work against you a bit is home ice advantage. I think the Avs will knock off Minny at home but I can easily see both Philly and LA winning their games, they're heading into these game 7s with all the momentum

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    If all 3 win I'm set to win over $1600, not huge amounts by any means but enough to afford a PS4 and NHL15 and take the wife out on the town. All from a $70 bet.

How do you guys like my chances?

I'm curious, what do you get if none of those teams win.

I would've expect the approximate payouts:
    Boston, pay at about 1.1:1
    Pittsburgh, pay at about 1.1:1
    Anaheim, pay at about 1.2:1
    Chicago, pay at about 1.8:1
    TB, pay at about 2.2:1
    PHI, pay at about 2.2:1
    LA, pay at about 2:1
    MIN, pay at about 4:1

In other words, the gravy is in the long-odds, so that's why it looks so good on $70.
    But obviously if you take out the 3:1, you are down to about $400, and if you take out the other two at about 2.2:1, you'll probably get very close to just $70.
    I'd actually be surprised to see somebody giving you your money back for getting 4/8 correct.
    Seems strange.

Do you have the full payout schedule?

Dobber Sports Ace

If none win I'll just get the one 4 fold which will net me about $20 I think, purely because the 4 teams that had the best odds are currently the four that have won

Your odds are miles off too only PHI and LA are close, they were all paying significantly more that than

That's gambling though pengwin, makes sense that I'd have to get at least 5/7 to win money
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Star

Sweet minny win for you. Just need LA to hold on!

Dobber Sports Ace

1 rangers goal effectively cost me $1300... Still won $300 but that 7th team not winning makes me lose 20 combinations of 4.

Exciting stuff! Ahh well... 2nd round much harder to predict.. I'm thinking Boston, rangers, la, Chicago. But I'm not doing this 4 fold deal (obviously), maybe just a cheap multi...

Betting against Anahiem isn't comfortable though...
    Not THAT hairy, honest!