Poll: Who Wins

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Thread: EC Round 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: EC Round 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I nominate this post for overreaction/condescending post of the year. I know your Habs lost a close one, but that's not praba's fault.
    i don't mind, i can see where he is coming from. playoff emotions are crazy, i would have murdered a bruins fan had i seen one after the game 7 collapse haha.

Dobber Sports Monster

This thread is just as exciting as the series is Bravo gentlemen!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Demoralizing loss for the Habs tonight.

I think when we look back at the series, this game mark the turning point. Had they squeaked this one out, they likely would've pulled it off, but I bet Boston will build on this and finish them off now.

Banned

Woooooo!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

I think when we look back at the series, this game mark the turning point. Had they squeaked this one out, they likely would've pulled it off, but I bet Boston will build on this and finish them off now.

if habs won tonight then yea, they likely would be playing the pens next round. but i still think it's up in air, aside from that vicious 10min bruin comeback, the teams have been pretty evenly matched.

my prediction - both teams win at home, and game 7 goes to OT. no idea who wins, but i'm guess it will be a shit goal like tonight that will be the series decider.

Dobber Sports Guru

People were saying that after game 2 as well.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

A tough loss for sure just because of how tight it was and because the Habs were that close to taking a commanding lead in the series. But I disagree that it's demoralizing. I feel it's the opposite in fact. If anything this game should reinforce what has slowing been a growing belief for the Habs that they can not only compete with the Bruins over a seven game series but also take the game to them. Boston dominated game 1 to such a degree that I'm not sure the Habs could honestly feel they could hang in for the long haul in this series. But that doubt has faded more and more with each game in this series becoming more evenly and tightly contested. I think objective fans of either or neither team that has observed the series closely must have the same sentiment.

The Bruins are such a good, balanced and battle tested team that even if Montreal took the 3-1 lead, I don't think anyone would or could count them out from winning three in a row. Of course, the Habs would be much more likely to win the series with a 3-1 lead than being tied at two just based on simple math but I don't think it has anything to do with being demoralized or now having self doubt because of the way in such game 4 was lost.

I still feel that all the pressure is on the bruins here. They are the team who is supposed to win this series. They are the team who is supposed to be the class of the eastern conference by far and waltz into the Stanley Cup finals unscathed. On the other hand let's face it. Montreal is playing with house money here as they have probably exceeded most expectations any pundit or fan had for them not only in the series but also from a season long standpoint. A lot of people felt that the Habs would have a regular season regression from last season and even if they made the playoffs, they were considered a team that "isn't built for the playoffs" and wouldn't be able to compete with the true elite teams in the post season.

From being a lottery pick team just two short years ago this franchise has come a long way in a short while and has a lot to feel good about regardless of how this series turns out. I just feel that demoralized couldn't be farther from the mindset they actually carry into game 5.

That isn't to say that Boston doesn't come out and win the next two games comfortably which I believe they can because they are that good but based on what we've seen over four games, I'm sure a lot of people feel that it can go either way and most won't be surprised if the Habs do come out this series on top. At least compared to what most people felt before game 1.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I nominate this post for overreaction/condescending post of the year. I know your Habs lost a close one, but that's not praba's fault.
    Naw he's been trolling now for over a week...this is the guy that managed to turn a post condemning racism into a slam on Montreal, he can't just enjoy the game or the series, he's gotta work some shitty dig into every post somehow.
    I mean seriously Comish, how long have you been watching hockey? 30-40 years? It's the playoffs, the fans boo every call against their team and cheer every call for them, it's been that way forever.

Praba? I didn't even read your reply, but I'm making you a promise. IF your Leafs ever get into the playoffs, I hereby pledge to give them all the love and attention that you've given the Habs this year. Don't forget shnookums!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

it's quite clear you're the troll mcgoo, you find a way to make every post a hate crime against montreal, and then you reply back with your leaf bashing, and direct insults against me. not to worry, we all know you're upset because the habs lost so i forgive you. all i ask is that you try to be unbiased when posting, and do your best not to insult forum members.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    it's quite clear you're the troll mcgoo, you find a way to make every post a hate crime against montreal, and then you reply back with your leaf bashing, and direct insults against me. not to worry, we all know you're upset because the habs lost so i forgive you. all i ask is that you try to be unbiased when posting, and do your best not to insult forum members.
    Thats asking too much

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Thats asking too much
    i know, i'm sure as a habs fan he must be pretty excited especially when his team is playing so well. i just don't see the need to blow up at every comment against the habs, and especially dislike the personal attacks he seems to enjoy using.

mcgoo, tell you what. i'll be the better man and refrain from posting on all the montreal threads. your team is in the playoffs, and i want you to enjoy that without any distraction, since clearly any non-montreal lover gets on your nerves. should you choose to apologize for the unnecessary personal attacks is up to you.

to the rest of the thread, enjoy the series.

Banned

i know, i'm sure as a habs fan he must be pretty excited especially when his team is playing so well. i just don't see the need to blow up at every comment against the habs, and especially dislike the personal attacks he seems to enjoy using.

mcgoo, tell you what. i'll be the better man and refrain from posting on all the montreal threads. your team is in the playoffs, and i want you to enjoy that without any distraction, since clearly any non-montreal lover gets on your nerves. should you choose to apologize for the unnecessary personal attacks is up to you.

to the rest of the thread, enjoy the series.
    Dude who the **** do you think you're fooling? Answer: No one Mr Troll, no one.

What do you expect when you paint a fanbase as probable racists (especially when they weren't even the ones making the comments in the first place!) Or when you accuse a city/fanbase of being ignorant of the basic rules of the game (especially when that city has forgotten more about hockey than you'll ever know)?

I actually look forward to the Leafs making the playoffs, payback is a bitch Praba and you're long overdue for a taste of your own medicine

Dobber Sports Ninja

been to plenty. never seen a team consistently boo blatant offsides, hence why i asked the question. figured you would somehow find a way to take offence to my post, so i guess i'll take it as they just boo everything that doesn't go their way. again...not a shot at the habs, i'd say the jets and habs have the loudest buildings.
    It's worse in Montreal than anywhere else. The fans there are amazing and brutal all at once. The amount of booing over inane things by that fanbase is unreal, however the cheering is also unmatched. Personally I think the fanbase reflects the emotions of the province. Emotive, fun, angry etc. It fits Quebec and their people well.

Funny stuff, just last week McGoo posts this re Praba (to my comment that they get on each other)...

Yeah I dunno WTF he's talking about either dude...we both love to argue and make the usual Habs/Leafs digs at each other but we've always gotten along OK. No hard feelings beyond this thread either...
    But today we have...

... but wow it's cute that you're trying to pin it on one 'special' team you hate but as usual you're ****ing ******ed and completely outta touch with reality. Do yourself a favorite jackwad, go to a real playoff game sometime, shut your big mouth for once and just observe...
    What's happened in a week, McGoo, you run out of ice for your scotch?
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Funny stuff, just last week McGoo posts this re Praba (to my comment that they get on each other)...

But today we have...

What's happened in a week, McGoo, you run out of ice for your scotch?
    No idea dude, we got along fine for 6-7 years so I'm as shocked as you