Poll: Who Wins

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Thread: EC Round 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins

Banned

Default Re: EC Round 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Neither example is of "poor" goaltending....
    I feel you are making my point for me

I remember both those series, both goalies played excellent, they elevated their game above their natural ability and that's why they won. Neither is a 'poor' goalie (both are sorta middle or the pack, average to me) and certainly neither played poorly when it mattered most.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I feel you are making my point for me

I remember both those series, both goalies played excellent, they elevated their game above their natural ability and that's why they won. Neither is a 'poor' goalie (both are sorta middle or the pack, average to me) and certainly neither played poorly when it mattered most.
    Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with the overarching point. Just saying it can be done. I remember riding the Penguins bandwagon hard the year they won it and never feeling comfortable with Fleury. Never ever.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not quite, I'm not arguing that Boston isn't one of the best teams in the league top-to-bottom, I said as much in the predictions pre-playoffs in fact, but Montreal is still a good team, they match up well against Boston and the strategy they employ against them takes a lot of discipline to pull off but they're doing it.

If you remove Price from the equation then of course they don't stand much of a chance of beating Boston. But are you actually going to try to argue that the Bruins are still favored if you remove Rask from the equation? If the Habs can beat the B's in game 1 (and lets face it, had they kept their shit together in game 2 they good have won that too)...if they can do that WITH Rask in nets then what could they accomplish without him?

As far as Marchand vs. Gallagher goes, who said anything about embellishment? I said Marchand was a 'cheap-shot' artist, if you think Gallagher is that then you should take up a different sport, cause hockey ain't your thing. But even if we were just want to focus on embellishment, I challenge you to show me even 3 good videos showing Gallagher clearly diving, that will take you a while, meanwhile I can throw together a 'Best of Brad Marchand' series in about 2 mins flat. I can't imagine two players less alike, your hatred for the Habs has really muddled your brain.
    yea you're right, i dont know why i thought you were calling out marchand an embellisher that time.

however i think there's at least 3 instances where gallagher was embellishing in this video alone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1aaPMslp9Y

definitely needed some penalties on the jets but gallagher was definitely selling the calls.

as for the cheap shots, has marchand even done any against the habs this series?

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite, I'm not arguing that Boston isn't one of the best teams in the league top-to-bottom, I said as much in the predictions pre-playoffs in fact, but Montreal is still a good team, they match up well against Boston and the strategy they employ against them takes a lot of discipline to pull off but they're doing it.

If you remove Price from the equation then of course they don't stand much of a chance of beating Boston. But are you actually going to try to argue that the Bruins are still favored if you remove Rask from the equation? If the Habs can beat the B's in game 1 (and lets face it, had they kept their shit together in game 2 they good have won that too)...if they can do that WITH Rask in nets then what could they accomplish without him?

As far as Marchand vs. Gallagher goes, who said anything about embellishment? I said Marchand was a 'cheap-shot' artist, if you think Gallagher is that then you should take up a different sport, cause hockey ain't your thing. But even if we were just want to focus on embellishment, I challenge you to show me even 3 good videos showing Gallagher clearly diving, that will take you a while, meanwhile I can throw together a 'Best of Brad Marchand' series in about 2 mins flat. I can't imagine two players less alike, your hatred for the Habs has really muddled your brain.
    yea you're right, i dont know why i thought you were calling out marchand an embellisher that time.

however i think there's at least 3 instances where gallagher was embellishing in this video alone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1aaPMslp9Y

definitely needed some penalties on the jets but gallagher was definitely selling the calls.

as for the cheap shots, has marchand even done any against the habs this series?

Banned

That's the best you got? really? lmao

Why don't you just try to enjoy the series instead of taking every possible opportunity to slam the Habs?

Seriously man, enough already, I'm sorry your team sucks and can't get into the playoffs, but we're trying to enjoy the games and the rivalry and the matchup and all you seem able to do in any of these threads is just shit on our team. Even the racism/twitter thing all you could think to do was try to turn it around and make it about Montreal, wtf is wrong with you? Go get laid or jerk off to old Tie Domi fights or something, you've got way too much bound up frustration, and it's not healthy for you.

Dobber Sports Ace

Heh heh, did I come in at the wrong time?

Just popped in to say that my guess is Bruins in 6.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That's the best you got? really? lmao

Why don't you just try to enjoy the series instead of taking every possible opportunity to slam the Habs?

Seriously man, enough already, I'm sorry your team sucks and can't get into the playoffs, but we're trying to enjoy the games and the rivalry and the matchup and all you seem able to do in any of these threads is just shit on our team. Even the racism/twitter thing all you could think to do was try to turn it around and make it about Montreal, wtf is wrong with you? Go get laid or jerk off to old Tie Domi fights or something, you've got way too much bound up frustration, and it's not healthy for you.
    typical habs fan. every comment made you automatically turn it into some sort of habs drama. you asked for an example where gallagher embellishes, and i gave you a legit video with proof he embellishes. Kerry Fraser even included Gallagher's embellishing in an article:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=442918

it's quite sad that no one can have an unbiased convo with you if it includes the habs. because you will automatically assume we're all against your beloved team and want to watch it burn. i don't understand what me being a leaf fan has anything to do with gallagher embellishing? you took a shot at marchand, so i took a shot at gallagher. if you can't handle people critisizing your favorite players, then why bother trash talking other players?

i wish there were some more passionate bruins fans on these boards, so i don't have to stick up for their team when you clearly have a hatred for them, much stronger than my hate for the habs. in fact, i don't even hate the habs. subban and price are easily in my top 10 list for favorite players. the team i hate most is the canucks, after that embarassing cup run where they embellished their way to the finals. so i clearly hate guys like marchand too, but if there is one thing i hate more than embellishers, it's hypocrites. you're no different than Julien, you complain so much about other teams when your team is doing the EXACT same thing. only you choose not to see it, because you have your habs love which biases on all your opinions. which i suppose is fine, it is playoffs and all so i'm sure your emotions are running high.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    typical habs fan. every comment made you automatically turn it into some sort of habs drama.
    No sir, that has been solely you, trolling away like a man possessed for the last 3 days. Consider that you turned a thread entitled 'Can we get rid of these people' that was solely a condemnation of racism into a diatribe against Montreal and its fans. Seriously give your ****ing head a shake already, I've never seen anything so petty and transparent on these boards as that cluster****.

i don't understand what me being a leaf fan has anything to do with gallagher embellishing? you took a shot at marchand, so i took a shot at gallagher. if you can't handle people critisizing your favorite players, then why bother trash talking other players?
    Because who are you to defend Marchand? You said yourself a couple days ago that you despised the Bruins just as much as the Habs so why would you feel the need to defend one of their guys, nevermind a guy who is reviled league-wide for taking cheap shots and flopping around the ice like as fish? Weird huh, this is exactly the same behavior as we saw from you in the racism thread, you take something directed against a specific player or a specific group (much deserving of contempt) and you twist it around to be against ALLLLL about Montreal, what a ****ing joke.

i wish there were some more passionate bruins fans on these boards, so i don't have to stick up for their team when you clearly have a hatred for them, much stronger than my hate for the habs.
    Again, why in the world would you ever feel the NEED to stick up for a team you hate? Unless of course that was all bullshit (which is becoming abundantly clear).
    Consider my initial post, I wrote a whole paragraph on the importance of goaltending, and how both teams benefitted from having excellent goalies. I also broke down what I see as the strengths of each team. You ignore ALL that and focus on a single comment on Brad Marchand, one of most widely reviled players in the NHL right now (hell even Bruins fans are embarassed of him half the time), and then you take that comment and try to make it all about Gallagher being a big diver even when not a single word on either 'diving' or 'embellishment' was made.

But yeah, clearly it's ME being unbiased and twisting things around

Seriously man, go dig out those Tie Domi videos, you'll feel better after a good wank.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

why do i feel the need to defend marchand? because i am unbiased. it has nothing to do with me disliking Montreal. if the roles were reversed, and some bruins fan was pointing out what a little bitch gallagher is, i would have done the exact same thing and showed example of marchand acting like a bigger one. if you are going to trash talk someone, you need to be able to handle it when it gets thrown back at you.

you trash talk the bruins so much, calling them cheap artists, embellishers etc. no doubt there are lots of examples where some players do that, mostly marchand. but you act like the habs are so perfect and never do it as well. i gave solid evidence of gallagher being an embellisher (As you requested), with an article from a past ref, who indicated that gallagher is a repeat offender for embellishing. as soon as i bring up an example to prove you wrong, you start trash talking the leafs? that is a perfect example of a homer fan that can't handle any criticism. why do you always feel the need to make it everything vs the habs?

as for the other thread, sure it does seem like i caused the trainwreck. but it is only because you habs fans get so emotionally hurt by the slightest knock on montreal. i simply stated that we should not forget that it's not Boston we should be angry at, but rather the racists. and the very next post some jackass said it's the city Boston that is fully of racists. so yea, i'd say i was right. my initial post that made you guys all cry said two things. had the roles been reveresed, there would be racists remarks coming from a few racist Montreal fans. i then said we should stop talking about it, because that brings more attention which is exactly what the racists feed off of. and guess what, you habs fans somehow took it as a personal attack against the habs and went nuts. i got called a troll, and then accused of being a habs hater? wtf, like i literally said subban would be getting so much ***** that he wouldn't even care about the racist comments because he is better than that.

it's quite clear that you're a habs homer. again, i have no issues with that since your team is in the playoffs so obviously your judgement is a bit clouded with all the crazy playoff emotions. i'm sure we can have a civilized convo in the offseason, but until then, try not to get hurt any time someone says something remotely negative about the habs.

i don't want another thread to be trainwrecked, so feel free to reply with whatever (i'm sure it will include some random irrelevant stuff about my leafs), but lets end this here.

Banned

why do i feel the need to defend marchand? because i am unbiased.
    best joke I've heard all year

you trash talk the bruins so much, calling them cheap artists, embellishers etc.
    Please post examples of where I said the BRUINS were cheap-shot artists or embellishers. Again, you keep taking a single focused comment and extrapolating it to encompass everything. My post was a fair and balanced comparison of two great rivals with a little dig at one particular player (Marchand) who I hate (along with 90% of hockey fans). You extrapolated that to the entire team somehow. I condemned racism, you extrapolate it to me hating all Boston fans for being racist, their city, their state, etc etc. You're ****ing ridiuculous dude.

why do you always feel the need to make it everything vs the habs?
    I don't, you do...you somehow managed to take a post condemning racists and made it about the Habs, it's pretty clear now where your motivations lie

i simply stated that we should not forget that it's not Boston we should be angry at, but rather the racists.
    No you didn't. Nobody mentioned Boston until you entered the conversation with this doozy:

pretty sure if iggy scored in OT against montreal, there would be a bunch of racist montreal fans doing the same crap.
    But you're right, you're clearly unbiased against Montreal

it's quite clear that you're a habs homer. again, i have no issues with that since your team is in the playoffs so obviously your judgement is a bit clouded with all the crazy playoff emotions.
    Nope, just a hardcore fan. But you're right about one thing in all this at least, emotions get ratcheted up in the playoffs and bias comes out for fans, it's unavoidable. But the difference is, a guy like 4T2 or Zorro makes a post in theis thread and I respect them even if I disagree because they're smart guys and no more than a mirror image of me or fungchen or newfcollins or whoever on the Habs side...we're all passionate about our team and we don't take it the wrong way when the other guy busts our balls over something (that's to be expected). But you're not a fan of either team (so you say anyway), you just post here to chirp and troll because (like your buddy Ev) your team is on the golf course right now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I can't wait for the day the Leafs play the Habs in the playoffs and how entertaining that thread will become...........

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    As I said earlier in the thread, as far as online banter goes in this series, Habs fans were always gonna be in tough going against bruins, leafs and sens fans
    But see, we have McGoo. The rest of us don't even need to bother saying anything, so I like our chances.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Let me put to you this way? Have you ever seen a team win a cup with poor goaltending? I haven't.

So discounting the play of a talented goalie who is making big saves as somehow 'not counting' towards part of the overall team is just ridiculous...even more so when you happen to be cheering for a team who also has a talented goalie who is making big saves (Rask). He was trying to say it could have been 3-0 Bruins heading into the 2nd period...coulda shoulda woulda, it's nonsense, I could just as easily flip that around and say were it not for Rask it would 6-1 Montreal heading into the 3rd if we're going to resort to that line of argument.

For ****s sake enjoy the series for what it is already, this is what great hockey is all about!

1)huge, long standing rivalry
    2)two of the best goalies in the entire NHL making huge saves and going H2H
    3)both teams are deep and roll 4 lines, how much do you love seeing that 4th line come on well rested against a tired 2nd line?
    4)Bruins have advantage in size, grit and toughness, Habs have advantage in speed and excellent passing
    5)Bruins have the advantage in veterans (Iggy, Chara) and cheap shot artists (Marchand), Habs have the advantage in youth (Subban, Gallagher)
    You sort of missed my point. Oh well, I'm not getting upset over it. I have been thoroughly enjoying playoff hockey this year. I'm also a VERY big Carey Price fan so I like it when he plays like he has been. Enjoy the games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    You sort of missed my point. Oh well, I'm not getting upset over it. I have been thoroughly enjoying playoff hockey this year. I'm also a VERY big Carey Price fan so I like it when he plays like he has been. Enjoy the games.
    re-reading that I think I was unclear...this whole part:

So discounting the play of a talented goalie who is making big saves as somehow 'not counting' towards part of the overall team is just ridiculous...even more so when you happen to be cheering for a team who also has a talented goalie who is making big saves (Rask). He was trying to say it could have been 3-0 Bruins heading into the 2nd period...coulda shoulda woulda, it's nonsense, I could just as easily flip that around and say were it not for Rask it would 6-1 Montreal heading into the 3rd if we're going to resort to that line of argument.
    Was not directed at your comments at all, that was just in reference to the some of the over the top shit BDog was saying. And for the record, I don't think Boston played badly in the game prior to the 3rd, I just think they were outplayed that's all...

Dobber Sports Initiate

This was from Thomas in the ramblings.

"The Bruins were clearly the better team in both Game 1 and 2, and controlled 59% of shot attempts in the initial two games of the series (taking into account all situations). If that keeps up, this series will be over in a hurry barring some immortal-type performances from Carey Price in net."

Just thought you might like to see how some peeps outside your little bubble actually see this series so far.
    Montreal hasn't outplayed sh!t so far.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by BDog View Post
    This was from Thomas in the ramblings.

"The Bruins were clearly the better team in both Game 1 and 2, and controlled 59% of shot attempts in the initial two games of the series (taking into account all situations). If that keeps up, this series will be over in a hurry barring some immortal-type performances from Carey Price in net."

Just thought you might like to see how some peeps outside your little bubble actually see this series so far.
    Montreal hasn't outplayed sh!t so far.
    Since the Bruins were trailing for more of the first two games than the Habs (36 min in game 1) it seems reasonable that they'd have more shots (and attempts)...

Not saying that the Bruins aren't getting more chances, just that there may be something skewing the numbers.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril