Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Doughty vs Bogosian vs Pietrangelo

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Doughty vs Bogosian vs Pietrangelo

sentium wrote:
    Menacer wrote:
    Well, there are rumors that LA wants to deal away Visnovsky, and if they do I could see Doughty taking over the PP QB role very soon (next year or the year after).

All three of these guys are very offensively talented, but I would say that Pietrangelo and Doughty have more offensive talent than Bogosian. But Bogosian does find himself in the best situation to get the most points ... its hard to rank them but you can\'t go wrong with any one of them.
    That\'s possible about Doughty, but on the other hand you have to look at how the Kings have handled Jack Johnson so far. They haven\'t rushed him and I doubt they will rush Doughty.
    Doughty is far superior to JJ imo... JJ is a quality, well-rounded defender who can play in all situations, but Doughty is a Ray Bourque in the making. There\'s no way that he\'s treated like some average prospect.

He\'ll be given every chance to make the lineup this season even if that means that he takes someone like JJ\'s spot. It\'s up to Doughty at this point imo... if he doesn\'t play well enough to earn the spot, then he\'ll have to wait a bit longer...

But if he steps up, there\'s no doubt in my mind that he makes the team.

BTW JJ\'s progress has been slow not necessarily because LA\'s been holding him back... LA\'s been holding him back, because his progress has been slower.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Initiate

We can speculate all we want I guess but we will just have to wait until camp and see.
    The comparisons to 77 if true would make it worth the wait even if LA gave Doughty a year of seasoning IMO.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Initiate

PrairieFire wrote:
    With all due respect for Bobby Mac...he can say what he wants...I\'d go by what Lombardi states in the LA Times before Bob though:

Kings general manager Dean Lombardi does not expect the overall 2nd draft pick to play for the team this season.

Asked if Lombardi expected Doughty to be in the starting line-up, the GM offered \"Expect? No,\" Lombardi said. \"Does he have a chance? Yes.\" Doughty will most likely be with the Kings\' AHL affiliate.
    Lombardi would be absolutely crazy to say publicly that Doughty (a prospect who has struggled with work ethic as far as training and his weight goes until this summer) is a lock to make the Kings. Anyone with a shred of common sense would say exactly what Lombardi said, even if they knew that there was a spot for Doughty.

Bob McKenzie is at least saying the truth without ulterior motives. That said it is just his opinion/projection.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522