Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pursue Yakupov?

Banned

Default Re: Pursue Yakupov?

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    We all know he had a BIG sophomore slump and went in the doghouse. That said, most players go through sophomore slumps and I feel like now would be the time to acquire him. Especially before moves are made in the offseason with Edmonton.

Another GM has sent me an initial offer of his Yakupov + Rinne for MSL + Quick. As it stands, I'm not huge on the deal but the other GM acknowledged it is merely a starting point. What would you give up for Yakupov?
    I wouldn't do that at all, in fact I would express my distaste loud and clear to the other GM...but not because it's as horrible as all that (though I'm not a fan of it especially as your team looks primed to win now), more because it's a perfect opportunity to devalue Yaks and secure yourself a better deal for the future

Basically the way I would look at it is that Rinne = Quick (more or less a wash in the long run, especially since your other goalies are tight). Then beyond that I think it's an excellent time to be selling on MSL and gambling on a young prospect like Yakupov. But the gap between those two is way too big. MSL is arguably still a ppg winger for another couple years yet, while Yakupov has KHL written all over him right now, that's the way you should sell it anyway. Personally I think we see both of those change next season (Yakupov returns to fantasy relevance (50-55 pts maybe) and MSL declines (65-70pts?)). What about Buff? What eligibility does he get in your league? Depending on how you handle that it might be a good time to flip him and acquire a Subban or someone like that?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't see St. Louis being productive for 3-4 more years.... but still at least for next year's sake you're paying way too much. But St. Louis' keeper value plummets next year for sure.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you can get Yak and a pick upgrade that increases your shot at Nichushkin for MSL I'd consider it, though not if you are aiming to win now. Rinne worries me honestly. Coming back from injury and infection into a non-Trotz system. He might be just fine, but there are some definite question marks there.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Shelf View Post
    Does anyone else feel that if somehow Yak was magically in a place like Dallas with Seguin and Benn, or in Colorado with Roy letting him run loose, we wouldnt be having this conversation?

I had really high hopes for Yak after the shortened season, he looked like the real deal....a deadly young sniper with a quick, powerful and accurate shot, good skating, and most importantly fantastic offensive instincts. I was able to aquire him in two of my leagues but ended shipping him and cutting my losses this year. I really think hes going to have a hard time fullfilling his potential unless something changes and believe that his relationship with Eakins may be a massive stumbling block.
    He needs to be traded. Belov left for the KHL saying he won't play under "that coach". He needs a coach that understands you don't put a square peg in a round hole. He's also said he won't go to the KHL he's a muslim and doesn't want to be in Russia. He;s just to talented to be stifled in edmonton. He will be traded and it's the best thing for him I'd pick him up low if you can because he won't be this low again.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    I don't see St. Louis being productive for 3-4 more years.... but still at least for next year's sake you're paying way too much. But St. Louis' keeper value plummets next year for sure.
    he isn't going to be a ppg player for 3-4 more years but if he is still playing in the league he will be productive depending on how one defines productive

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The offer that was made leads me to think the Pengwin is right - Yaks owner is tremendously invested in Yak and knows he's screwed. He's bailing and hoping that someone out there overvalues him too.

I may be going after Yak myself (someone dropped him this year and he wasn't claimed) in the upcoming draft, but I'm not paying much over the league minimum for him. I really don't expect to get him. There's going to be at least one team out there willing to outbid me for him, I'm sure. Hopefully two teams that will drive his price into slightly ridiculous territory.

Not only that, but you count +/- as a category. Yaks not better than any of your keepers, and I probably wouldn't keep him over most, if not all of your non-keepers.

Don't do it.

I would consider getting rid of Quick though. I've owned him the last four years, and I lose him now. We only count wins, but LA doesn't seem to score when Quick is in net for some reason. And the backups seem to outplay him.

Having said that, a friend of a friend played goal in the AHL, and he talks Quick up all the time. So what do I know?