Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kuznetsov or Ryan?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kuznetsov or Ryan?

I know alot of us have lost faith in Ryan in fantasy world but would you guys take the younger/sexier name infront of him? Kuz is showing alot of promise but do you think Ryan will still be ahead of him? I would say he is next year, but they could be head to head in production with Kuz slowly geting infront of him by 2015-2016. Wath's your tought? I ask this for a league that count 1 for g and a, 0,1 for sog and 0,2 for PIM.

Administrator

Default Re: Kuznetsov or Ryan?

Your answer is Bobby Ryan here. Yes, he has underachieved this year, but so have the Sens as a whole. In addition to that, he has been deadline with a sports hernia which has hampered his production since November.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...gery-1.2588539

Kuznetsov is showing promise, but if it were up to me, I'd take a proven player over and unproven one any day of the week.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm also going to say Bobby Ryan over Kuz. I take his first year in Ottawa with a grain of salt and see him bouncing back next year. This guy is a proven, young, 30G scorer in this league and those just don't grow on trees.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What do you guys see as Kuznetsov's projections then? Does he not have 30 goal potential? Is he in a favorable or unfavorable position? Or is it just too soon to tell?

Dobber Sports Wizard

his season wasn't that bad in Ott

Ryan is a 55-65 point player that will flirt with 70 occasionally and he paced 57 points this past season

i doubt that Kuz is going to be any more than that and there isn't even a guarantee that he will be that at this point

there are a few things people need to remember

Ryan was never going to be a PPG player and not all prospects/young players, Kuz or any others for that matter, have automatic PPG upside

the vast majority of the high end talents that aren't elite or franchise or generational talents live in that 55-65 area and that is all they are ever going to be, if they even become that as not all young names are locks for even that

too many think every single drafted player has PPG upside when that just isn't the case

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

Production wise, Ryan is the better bet here. However, if the GMs in your league are anything like the GMs in mine or anything like many of the posters on this forum, Kuz may have more trade value. So, another angle that which could be worth exploring would be to stick with Kuz and wait for him to have a hot stretch (hopefully near the start of the season, Hertl style) and then sell him to a GM as a future "80-85 guy with 90+ upside".

In other words, you may be able to use Kuz to land a player who is better than both he and Ryan. Something to consider.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is a classic case of proven vs potential.

Until Kuznetsov has shown what he can do in the NHL in more then just a couple of games, you have to go with the known commodity in Ryan. As stated, 55-65 and flirting with 70 seems right for him. There's a small chance Kuznetsov is the better player in a year or two, but his floor and the associated risk with taking a chance on him is far too high to give up someone like Ryan.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ty everyone. I realy appreciate your take on this.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Classic situation where you almost have to take Ryan, but there is also a big chance you will regret it.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bobby Ryan has a few advantages here. He has history ( larger sample size ) and he has scoring track record. He has averaged 0.75 pts/g in his career. I would continue to view him as that and maybe he can get up to 0.80 pts/g. Kuznetsov may get that, may not. I doubt that he would deliever better than these numbers. So take the history , sample size and scoring production that is already on the table for you. Bobby Ryan.

Dobber Sports Guru

I own Kuznetsov and if someone offered me Ryan straight up I would take it in a heartbeat.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Bobby Ryan has a few advantages here. He has history ( larger sample size ) and he has scoring track record. He has averaged 0.75 pts/g in his career. I would continue to view him as that and maybe he can get up to 0.80 pts/g...
    Devils advocate here. Bobby Ryan averaged .75 ppg in Anaheim where quite often he had Getz and Perry to play with. Not all the time but I'd suggest it helped. No OFfence to the Kyle turris fans out there but he's yet to prove himself an elite level center man. Ryan not only broke down to injury in his first year in Ottawa...but also saw his production drop to .68 ppg. To think his production will be better surrounded by turris and ? In Ottawa. To think his production will sustain or rather improve there... May ...... Be shorted sited through Ryan coloured glasses. Can kuz put up 40-50 points flanking Ovie and/or backstrom in his first full year...possibly...at the high end he'd be .6 ppg as a rookie. Is the hypothetical gap really that far? Just a thought.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Devils advocate here. Bobby Ryan averaged .75 ppg in Anaheim where quite often he had Getz and Perry to play with. Not all the time but I'd suggest it helped. No OFfence to the Kyle turris fans out there but he's yet to prove himself an elite level center man. Ryan not only broke down to injury in his first year in Ottawa...but also saw his production drop to .68 ppg. To think his production will be better surrounded by turris and ? In Ottawa. To think his production will sustain or rather improve there... May ...... Be shorted sited through Ryan coloured glasses. Can kuz put up 40-50 points flanking Ovie and/or backstrom in his first full year...possibly...at the high end he'd be .6 ppg as a rookie. Is the hypothetical gap really that far? Just a thought.
    his production in 11-12 was .7 ppg and in 12-13 it was .65 ppg, and those were both Anaheim years, he didn't drop when he came to Ottawa, he sustained what he was putting up the 2 seasons prior to his departure

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

And sustained suggests he could reach .8 as suggested earlier? My point is that if anything he has showed signs that he may have plateaued and once again scored at a pace below his career average this year. If this trend continues...perhaps the bar is set. Just another angle.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    And sustained suggests he could reach .8 as suggested earlier? My point is the if anything he has
    sustained means sustained it does not mean increase

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max