Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Ref Mode and Lucic Suck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Playoff Ref Mode and Lucic Suck

I'm obviously over exaggerating a bit Re: Avery, but I just don't see the Lucic comparison, sorry.

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m trying to make the Avery connection based on:
    -both are grind style of hockey
    -both go to the net
    -both draw penalties from the other team (one may do it in a different way)
    -both know how to get under the entire opposing teams skin

Lucic is a much more skilled version, who looks like he’s not afraid of anyone. I haven’t watched Bruins play night in and night out, but watching the playoffs and vs Toronto, I don’t think I’ve seen him fight too much. I’m glad some people see my comparison, maybe there’s a better player to compare Lucic too, but I can only see Avery right now. Avery would deny everything he did, saying it wasn’t on purpose, or he didn’t mean too, or how he played within the rules all the time. Avery was also not a SMART grinder, which got him the GOON title. Lucic is starting to become more of a skilled GOON, than a skilled GRINDER to me. And I think will continue this until the refs start reff-ing the playoffs like a regular season game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Shelf View Post
    Lucic is one the premier power forwards in the league and can kick the $hit out of anyone who tries to mess with him.
    So why spear guys in the groin from behind?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I might be entirely wrong here but my watch, phone and computer all say we're not in the 70s and 80s anymore.
    I am just tired of how ridiculously sensitive people are these days....about EVERYTHING. It's a hard, physical game, and a LOT happens on the ice that we don't see or hear. If people can't deal with the odd dirty play amidst a TON of amazing hockey, they should choose another sport to watch IMO. I hear the NBA playoffs are entertaining.....
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    So why spear guys in the groin from behind?
    Who knows? We can't see and hear eveything that happens on the ice. Maybe he did the same to Lucic on an earlier play, or insulted Lucic's mother. Fact is, we have no idea, and people need to settle down before they roast Lucic at the stake.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    he wasn't a huge puss and to say he could barely play hockey is completely asinine and shows a pretty horrible amount of hatred for the player, sorry you are butthurt over avery, or a complete and utter lack of hockey knowledge

yes he was an instigator who would turtle many times to draw the penalty not because he was afraid to fight but because it was not his job to fight
    I have personally played ice hockey with Avery. He wasn't very good at all, that part is accurate.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Who knows? We can't see and hear eveything that happens on the ice. Maybe he did the same to Lucic on an earlier play, or insulted Lucic's mother. Fact is, we have no idea, and people need to settle down before they roast Lucic at the stake.
    My point was that if he was so big and tough, he wouldn't need to spear guys from behind in the testicles. A dirty player is a dirty player, no matter how many goals one scores or how much of a beast people think they are.

Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if Lucic pulled a Bertuzzi one of these years.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd love a team full of skilled dirty players like Lucic. I don't see dirty as a negative at all in Lucic's context.....he crosses the line, but will back it up and scrap instead of hiding or turtling like Avery or Cooke or these other stains. He's a Cup winner........and like they say, they don't ask "how" just "how many",

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I have personally played ice hockey with Avery. He wasn't very good at all, that part is accurate.
    people that can barely play hockey don't end up in the NHL

nice try though

if you want to say he wasn't the most talented guy out there that is all well and good, but a guy who can barely play hockey will never nearly get 50 points in a season it is an impossibility

you are in here criticizing people for their overreactions and yet here you are throwing around your own ridiculous hyperbole

you saying you have played with the guy means nothing to me at all other than you like to brag, it certainly doesn't make your ridiculous opinion fact

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    people that can barely play hockey don't end up in the NHL

nice try though

if you want to say he wasn't the most talented guy out there that is all well and good, but a guy who can barely play hockey will never nearly get 50 points in a season it is an impossibility

you are in here criticizing people for their overreactions and yet here you are throwing around your own ridiculous hyperbole

you saying you have played with the guy means nothing to me at all other than you like to brag, it certainly doesn't make your ridiculous opinion fact
    If Avery could play, he'd still be in the league. Without his mouth or antics, he would have never set foot on an NHL ice surface. His antics far outweighed the very little skill or usefullness that he brought to the table, which is why he never lasted long on any team, and he was eventually pushed out of the league (not nearly soon enough). Avery came out as a "ringer" for a university hockey tournament that I played in, and the guy wouldn't shut up about how he got drafted and was gonna make the NHL and how great he was, and he totally embarrassed himself. He got badly dangled by a couple of uni house-league guys, couldn't take the chirping they sent back his way, and he threw a hissy fit and started running around to save face and got tossed. What a total loser.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    My point was that if he was so big and tough, he wouldn't need to spear guys from behind in the testicles. A dirty player is a dirty player, no matter how many goals one scores or how much of a beast people think they are.

Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if Lucic pulled a Bertuzzi one of these years.
    He is dirty. That's what makes him so good and so valuable.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He is dirty. That's what makes him so good and so valuable.
    Agree.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Lucic is a hell of player. He can get away with what he wants because he can fight anyone in the league. He is a goon and a goon who can score and play the game the right way.
    Can he though? I see him throw a lot of sucker punches and cheap shots, his specialty is to throw punches when other guys aren't looking, but I can't remember many times I've seen Lucic square up an fight.

Iginla can square up and beat the shit out of anyone. Lucic is a pretender with a big body. He gets away with it on Boston because he has lots of guys to defend him. He's about as tough as Marchand, who plays the same way in a smaller body.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Can he though? I see him throw a lot of sucker punches and cheap shots, his specialty is to throw punches when other guys aren't looking, but I can't remember many times I've seen Lucic square up an fight.

Iginla can square up and beat the shit out of anyone. Lucic is a pretender with a big body. He gets away with it on Boston because he has lots of guys to defend him. He's about as tough as Marchand, who plays the same way in a smaller body.
    I beg to differ:

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Can he though? I see him throw a lot of sucker punches and cheap shots, his specialty is to throw punches when other guys aren't looking, but I can't remember many times I've seen Lucic square up an fight
    Yes, Looch can throw hands well.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka