Thread: Draft Day Observations

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Draft Day Observations

1. Love what the Islanders, the Ducks and the Devils did. Stockpiling picks by moving, Jersey\'s the best at it. Altho the Isles did miss out on Filatov.

2. I know this has been said before, but does every team need to give the 3 minute opener. This year wasn\'t as bad as past years but give me a break it\'s not necessary.

3. Seemed like a lot of teams were paying their condolences or respects to someone.

4. Pierre McGuire suffers from a major of the stupids. He imparts almost no useful knowledge and talks all the time. I think it\'s time for a muzzle.

5. How does Bob McKenzie know where all these kids live. I\'m beginning to think that he stalks these kids. It\'s not just that he knows the city they live in but he knows how to get from their house to the rink of the team that drafted them. I\'m a little worried.

6. Love the Ottawa fans. Great respect shown to Gretz and Yzerman and the appropriate amount of disdain shown for Betteman and all things Leaf including their GM Brian Burke. On the same note as corny and useless as Betteman is he does do a good job of handling the vindictiveness of the fans.

7. James Duthie is a tool. How many times can you tell the same joke? \"You making another trade today? haha, come on you can tell me.\"

Enjoyed the draft, although I think I enjoyed the guessing game played trying to figure out all the trades before hand a little more.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am not sure I agree with the Isles part, trading a sure fire stud prospect for a lesser prospect and 3 unknowns seems quantity for quality to me

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like that Snow passed on Filatov. Time will tell but I think Garth has a plan and he is sticking to it. Hope his scouting reports pan out for him.

Dobber Sports Master

NYI had their eye on Bailey the whole time so they did an amazing job getting the guy they wanted and obtaining picks along the way.

ps: glad to see you back Shoeless.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Genius

good to hear from you shoeless , welcome back , hope all is well , now fill our brains with your great hockey knowledge and opions!,lol!some info on the sens. pick of karlson would be a great start.hope this means that they are soon going to move a big name forward for a bigger name goalie!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Pro

These final rounds today have left me baffled. Absolutely baffled.

-Kruise Reddick, Joonas Rask, Lukas Stoop, Gary Nunn, Dennis Bozic, Henrik Eriksson, Matt Ius, Johan Erkgards, and I could name a good 10-15 more I was waiting for to be picked.

But they weren\'t. I find it hard tobelieve no NHL team had interest in Joonas Rask.

-San Jose made a bunch of stupid draft choices. Wow. For instance, what\'s with them picking the Demers kids when Larsen and Rask/Reddick/Bozic/Eriksson were available? GUH. If you\'re going to waste a pick, at least make it entertaining and choose Eero Elo or Jonas Holos.
    And Justin Daniels was taken too early. Of course, he\'s probably one of those character guys Dougie picks that end up having clutch issues when they hit the playoffs.

-Islanders, Thrashers and Senators had excellent drafts.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Padawan

I had only intended for this to be some draft observations, I never aspired to such a lofty goal as Shoeless\'s welcome back thread. Having said that, Welcome Back Shoeless.

I...am your father.

Shoeless AND big DL - haven\'t seen either around in ages!

The Isles had a great Day 2. Fantastic.

I also love what Phoenix did - Boedker and Tikhonov - and don\'t forget pick #99 by #99...Colin Long.

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi