Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Best and Worse Trades you have made

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Best and Worse Trades you have made

in one of the first keeper leagues i joined, i had halak and price that year that halak killed it in the playoffs and upset washington.

i didnt want to keep both and like many of you i drank the koolaid on this swedish forward with high upside...

Carey Price

for

Magnus Paajarvi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Similar to Praba...... Same year, I was holding both Price and Rask and decided to throw my eggs into the Rask basket.

So I moved Price........... for Dan Boyle....... It still hurts to type it.

My best trade was
    My Ryan, E.Staal, Doughty for Malkin and Eriksson
    14 team H2H Partial Keeper 23/24 - Season 14
    Keep: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G and 1 Wild
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Trochek, Malkin, Scheifele, Seguin, Novak
    LW - J Robertson, M.Tkachuk, Barbashev, Sherwood
    RW - Kirill Kaprizov, Tippett, Evangelista, McBain
    D - Bouchard, K Miller, Valimaki, Forsling, Chabot
    G - Sorokin, Copley
    IR - Thompson, Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Newbie

BAD - Early last year traded away Josi and my 7th rounder for Bouwmeester and buddy's 6th. (keeper league)
    GOOD - Year before I unloaded Yakupov (24pts) fpr Mikko Koivu (54pts) and a good draft upgrade.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread!
    Best: I traded my Kuemper for JVR at the beginning of this season straight up.
    Worst: Traded my Hamilton for Simon Despres. No excuse.

Dobber Sports Padawan

this is a tough one ... most of my trades are done A: when I need to make a push for the championship or B: when I want to shore up my keepers, so I have been known to take a loss for a purpose. This year, due to one of my 3 keepers being James Neal, I went into panic mode and tried desperately to get a better keper

That said, I got a straight-up stinker here for you: In December last year, I could not move these two to save my life, so finally a trade came down to -- Forsberg and Andersen for Roussel and Perron. Keep in mind Roussel was a top-25 forward in our format the previous season due to PIMs, though. But yeah, patience would have been wise.

But this segues into what I think turned out great for me: Perron, Roussel, Hedman, Quick + picks for Kucherov, Hall, Niemi + slightly worse picks. Doesn't look great on paper, but I went from Crosby, Neal, and Quick as keepers going into 2014 to Crosby, Hall, Bobrovsky, and one of Kucherov/Lucic/Kane going into 2015 (we are moving up to 4 keepers next year). Prob Kucherov but E Kane and Lucic are really tempting with those PIMs
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Icon

Very deep multicat 30 team dynasty NHL salary cap/AAV league

Worst:
    2013 off-season: Ondrej Palat and a 4th for Darcy Kuemper
    2012 off-season: Kris Russell, Shayne Gostisbehere, 3rd for Ryan Whitney

Best:
    2011 trade deadline: Jack Skille for Justin Williams and a 4th (used to draft Chris Tanev)
    2011 mid season: Luke Schenn + 4th (Justin Sefton) for Brent Burns and 5th (Brendan Kichton)
    2013 deadline: Alex Galchenyuk and 3rd (Chad Ruhwedel) for Jeff Carter, Nick Leddy (who was then traded for Dustin Byfuglien) and Mark McNeill (who was just traded for Michael Ferland)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Last season, to try and maintain first, I wanted to try and ride Pittsburgh and the high +/-

traded Hubs and Atkinson for Kunitz

Kunitz shit the bed, the other two combined for over 50 pts
    I lost the pool by 25 pts
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    in one of the first keeper leagues i joined, i had halak and price that year that halak killed it in the playoffs and upset washington.

i didnt want to keep both and like many of you i drank the koolaid on this swedish forward with high upside...

Carey Price

for

Magnus Paajarvi
    This wins the thread!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Worst trade was my pacioretty for his lecavalier in 2011

Best trade might have been my 1st, 2nd Jordan Weal, Philip Larsen and Eric Johnson for his Crosby 1st, 2nd granted this was right in the middle of Crosby`s mystery concussion/neck issue
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

Best Trades (3):

Fleury/Richards for Hornqvist/Halak- I call this one of my best cause it was pure gamble on my end and I could have come out way worse. All this was done last off-season so i had no crystal ball to rely on- lol! Also the other owner is very savvy GM so I had to get creative about setting up deal where I gave up the BPA but stillimproved my team.To be clear MAF is still the best player in this deal- but Halak closed the gap significantly this year and Hornqvist was a beast in our scoring (heavily goal and sog weighted) with room for upside- wheras we all know how the Richards saga ended up.

Eberle for Elliott- I gave up Eberle. I know what your thinking- that should be the WORST deal Ive made. In our format though starting 2 golies each week was a dominant strategy. I had managed to acquire a glut of what id call "hot hand" wingers so I was having difficult decisions each week trying to decide wether to start eberle or not. Meanwhile this trade turned my whole season around. The two goalie strat pretty much single handedly got me into the playoffs. From there elliotts play was a little shaky but he was still a contributing factor and his late season 40 save SO pretty much won a full week for me. In the end I snuck into the playoffs- won a bunch of ridiculously close weeks and won the finals with a ridiculous 4 point margin (203 to 199). This trade helped the other guy- re-building- no need for Smelliot, and was a major factor in clinching the win for me. Might sting by this time next year though :P

Zetterberg for Hall- There were picks involved- think I conceded a 2nd for a later pick? The funny part about this is that i threw in the towel in this league (also had Kane on the IR)- but still held my last playoff spot despite this trade. In a brutal bit of irony I made it to the finals and beat this exact trade partner for the league win. I still have to admit my winning was pure, unabashed, stupid luck- but it just makes this trade evenmore ridiculous :P

Worst Trade:

Andersen for Voynov- In the pre-season- I really, really, botched this one. Still stings.

Best Trade I Never Made:

Suter with D Sedin or Lee for McDonagh- Was frusterated with Suter and didnt really see my team as a contender. Came so close to pressing accept a bunch of times.In the end cooler heads on these forums prevailed and talked me out of it. In the end Yandle went to NYR, McD had carbon copy numbers to Suter and Sedin/Lee were critical pieces in my league win (same league as best trade 1).

Worst Trade I Never Made:

Backstrom, Eberle, Draisaitl for Giroux and Voracek- Wow- this one hurts. In a sog/goal weighted setting I lost out like crazy. i was so high on draisaitl at the time I even implied the other owner was trying to fleece me. ill never get a shot at Roo like this again. #Whatthe****wasIthinking?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ahh the dog days of summer...

Best, three seasons ago:

My C.Ward, Yandle, Yakupov for Lundqvist, Fowler, Seguin

That one looked a whole lot fairer on paper at the time, but within that season it quickly turned in my favor when Ward's play dropped off. Seguin would explode the next year, so that's the segue into the worst trade...

Worst, two seasons ago:

My Seguin, Kopitar, D.Hamilton for Giroux, E.Staal, Doan

It was done for the playoff stretch and I thought the schedule looked favorable for my side. I was able to pick-up Trouba as a result of the other guy adding Hamilton though, but this trade is particularly one-sided in hindsight.
    10 Team, (points only) Keeper
    F: Kucherov, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Zibanejad, Nylander, Bjorkstrand, R.Johansen, Perron, Buchnevich.
    D: Burns, Klingberg, Provorov, Fox, DeAngelo, Grzelcyk.
    G: Vasilevskiy, Shesterkin, Koskinen, Saros, Georgiev.
    Bench: Gurianov, Hintz, Norris, Chytil, Thornton.