Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference: Chicago Blackhawks (C3) vs St. Louis Blues (C2)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Western Conference: Chicago Blackhawks (C3) vs St. Louis Blues (C2)

Yep, series momentum shifts to Chicago. Even though the Blues were outplayed for most of the game, they still choked away a lead in the last 3 minutes of the game. Injuries are destroying the Blues at this point, especially at center with Backes out, Morrow out, and Sobotka playing hurt.

Positive notes for the Blues: Backes may be back next game, we still have home ice advantage, Ott buried Keith and we got to watch him bitch to the officials some more, and Tarasenko is showing why he's a potential star.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    -
    C: Kopitar, Monahan
    LW: Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Connor
    RW: Marner, Fiala, Konecny
    D: Karlsson, Gustafsson, Suter, Sergachev, Chabot
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeSince86 View Post
    Yep, series momentum shifts to Chicago. Even though the Blues were outplayed for most of the game, they still choked away a lead in the last 3 minutes of the game. Injuries are destroying the Blues at this point, especially at center with Backes out, Morrow out, and Sobotka playing hurt.

Positive notes for the Blues: Backes may be back next game, we still have home ice advantage, Ott buried Keith and we got to watch him bitch to the officials some more, and Tarasenko is showing why he's a potential star.
    Morrow has been washed up and ineffective for years now, I wouldn't call that a major loss....he's now a marginal 4th liner. The Hawks are playing with lots of banged up and injured stars too, (plus being minus Seabrook) so I don't see injuries being the deciding factor here.......if the Blues lose, it's because they choke.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Morrow has been washed up and ineffective for years now, I wouldn't call that a major loss....he's now a marginal 4th liner. The Hawks are playing with lots of banged up and injured stars too, (plus being minus Seabrook) so I don't see injuries being the deciding factor here.......if the Blues lose, it's because they choke.
    Disagree, but I don't think injuries are an excuse. However, the fact remains that Blues are without their captain and 1C, have a injured 2C, have a 3C coming off injury, have their 2nd/3rd top scorer (Oshie) fresh off an injury. Blues main struggle is, as has been the past 3 years, their offense. They can't generate enough goals to ever pull away from a team. That and the god awful powerplay.

Whoever wins Friday will take the series. I say Blues in 6.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    -
    C: Kopitar, Monahan
    LW: Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Connor
    RW: Marner, Fiala, Konecny
    D: Karlsson, Gustafsson, Suter, Sergachev, Chabot
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another overtime, heck of a series... Go Blues!

Tank/Idk

Dobber Sports Novice

Best series in the 1st round! Great hockey. 4 of 5 games into OT.

Schwartz / Sharp

Dobber Sports Monster

That was freakin' awesome!! 3-2 Hawks can close it out at home!! Let's end these bitches.

Banned

Man, Toews is good. It took him a few games to really get going, but he has taken this series over.

Dobber Sports Padawan

As soon as Toews got the puck on his stick I knew it was over! Awesome. What a great series this has been so far! I ****ing hate the Blues though. They have some excellent players -- I'd love to see Sobotka in a Hawks uni -- but I just don't like 'em!

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Monster

Hell yeah, soon as I saw Keith shovel the puck up ice and Toews coming off the bench, I jumped outta the chair and was yelling at the TV haha. You had a sense as Toews was skating down the ice that he's gonna end it. That's what he does. Money..Money...Money. Now we get Seabrook back, at home for game 6. We gotta close it out next game and then hope Min / Col beat the shit out of each other and go 7 games. We need a few days to recover from this war. I am not assuming this thing is over yet, but Hawks in great position to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    As soon as Toews got the puck on his stick I knew it was over! Awesome. What a great series this has been so far! I ****ing hate the Blues though. They have some excellent players -- I'd love to see Sobotka in a Hawks uni -- but I just don't like 'em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Feel so bad for Blues fans and am so tired of the Hawks. Really rooting for the Blues. As expected tough the injuries are really making things difficult on them.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tired of the Hawks? Because you've had to watch so much of them with their two Cup runs?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Tired of the Hawks? Because you've had to watch so much of them with their two Cup runs?
    Sure, why not? Just my own view. I'd like to see a team that hasn't won it yet personally. San Jose or the Blues would be my own preference.

Dobber Sports Sage

I find that as this series progresses my hate for St L is decreasing. Jackman and Lapierre have always been dbags but I am ok with pretty much the rest of the team. Last year I really hated Boston at the beginning of the series but changed on them too. The only team I hated at the beginning of the series and still at the end has been Vancouver.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

By the way, has anyone called out Dobber for saying the Hawks were "toast" after going down 2-0? Oops!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

tight game so far, no one wants to make a mistake...I can see this one going to OT