Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference: Chicago Blackhawks (C3) vs St. Louis Blues (C2)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Western Conference: Chicago Blackhawks (C3) vs St. Louis Blues (C2)

Chicago in 6.

The Blues are decimated at the moment. As well as that the goalie that was supposed to take them to the next level has had a 900 SV% since joining the blues and looks even worse than Halak. If the Blues were healthy and not missing 6 of their 9 top forwards.. I'd say flip a coin. However, the Blues are limping into the playoffs, their goalie looks rattled, and they've lost their identity.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    Chicago in 6.

The Blues are decimated at the moment. As well as that the goalie that was supposed to take them to the next level has had a 900 SV% since joining the blues and looks even worse than Halak. If the Blues were healthy and not missing 6 of their 9 top forwards.. I'd say flip a coin. However, the Blues are limping into the playoffs, their goalie looks rattled, and they've lost their identity.
    Ditto this! As a NUCKS fan I loath the HAWKS and am rooting my a$$ off for STL, but their injured lineup and lack of confidence right now looks toxic. If there's an even-upper in this series it's Crawford...as one never knows what version shows up to the rink.

CHI in 6.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Monster

I hope Toews is healthy as they have indicated he is. You know full well St. Louis is gonna be hitting him in that shoulder area. They will test him out for sure. Same with Kane's knee for that matter.

I worry about Reaves, Ott, and Backes attacking Toews shoulder / arm often.

Dobber Sports Veteran

With Chicago being beat up, even if they get through STL they're going to be in rough shape to go all the way again this year. I say Chicago in 5, Hitch gets fired, and Chicago bows out in the next round to a fresher team.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Monster

Yeah both teams will play heavy at times and certainly will wear each other down. I'm hoping Min and Col beat the hell out of each other as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    With Chicago being beat up, even if they get through STL they're going to be in rough shape to go all the way again this year. I say Chicago in 5, Hitch gets fired, and Chicago bows out in the next round to a fresher team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm rooting for the Blues, but the injuries and late season hammering does not bode well. Hawks in 5.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hawks in 7.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chi in 6. St. Louis is in trouble with all their injuries and Miller has seemingly lost his confidence, a bad combination at this point in the schedule. The Hawks are deep and experienced.

Dobber Sports Monster

Kane's playoff mullet has arrived!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...3268567.column

Dobber Sports Sage

I see a lot of the writers from this site are picking St. Louis with them being the consensus pick. As I recall most of them picked Boston in the Final last year.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I see a lot of the writers from this site are picking St. Louis with them being the consensus pick. As I recall most of them picked Boston in the Final last year.
    I don't think people like picking Chicago because they don't really play that "playoff brand" of hockey. Guys love picking big, physical, defensive-minded teams in the playoffs, which is something Chicago is not. Add to that that St. Louis have been playoff favourites all year, and there you go.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Administrator

The Flyers-Rangers game is some good hard hockey but MY GOD this Blues-Blackhawks game is brilliant.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

Everything awesome about playoff hockey is evident in this Game 1 first period.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    The Flyers-Rangers game is some good hard hockey but MY GOD this Blues-Blackhawks game is brilliant.

Dobber Sports Legend

Kane with a sick snipe.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Everything awesome about playoff hockey is evident in this Game 1 first period.
    Rangers-Flyers third period vs. any second of Blues-Blackhawks. #StanleyCupPlayoffProblems.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg