Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Mtl in 7

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Eastern Conference: Montreal Canadiens (A3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A2)

Lightning in 7.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Rookie

Wherever Montreal plays it will be home ice advantage
    14 team Keeper league, keep-12 players, pts only.

F: P.Bergeron, M.Pacioretty, H.Zetterberg, E.Staal, M.Koivu, A.Semin, D.Sedin, J.Staal, J.Pavelski, P.Marleau, F.Nielsen, M.Read, A.Cogliano,
    D: K.Shattenkirk, D.Keith, M.Niskanen, O.Matta, D.Hamhuis, A.McDonald, M.Streit,
    G: S.Bobrovsky, K.Lehtonen, J.Riemer
    P: J.Drouin, R.Strome, M.Domi, A.Mantha,

Administrator

Does anyone know if Bishop is going to be ready? That makes this series. Unless Gudlevskis is ready to lock horns in another epic battle with Price.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

Didn't these threads used to have polls on to vote for the winner in how many games? Is it too late to add one?

Anyways, I say Habs in five.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Didn't these threads used to have polls on to vote for the winner in how many games? Is it too late to add one?

Anyways, I say Habs in five.
    You're right. Poll added. I'll go and do up the rest as well.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Montreal in 7.

Sorry guys but I will always take the hot goalie when it comes to post-season... have we forgotten about Halak? The PRICE has been very right for the past few weeks and Cary is primed for a solid post-season showing. Also, even if Bishop returns it was pretty clear his play was starting to decline... what is going to change if he suits up? Price has the experience in big games and I think the Habs are peeking at the right time. Last, I think the absence of MSL and that true veteran experience will ultimately hurt the Bolts... they don't have much experience aside from Valteri.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    Montreal in 7.

Sorry guys but I will always take the hot goalie when it comes to post-season... have we forgotten about Halak? The PRICE has been very right for the past few weeks and Cary is primed for a solid post-season showing. Also, even if Bishop returns it was pretty clear his play was starting to decline... what is going to change if he suits up? Price has the experience in big games and I think the Habs are peeking at the right time. Last, I think the absence of MSL and that true veteran experience will ultimately hurt the Bolts... they don't have much experience aside from Valteri.
    Callahan?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Callahan?
    Good point but I don't think MSL can be compared to Callahan... MSL had a deep relationship with the Bolts, almost like a father figure to some. That leadership and experience is irreplaceable come post-season in my opinion. When times get tough the Bolts will scramble.. Give me Briere, Gionta, and Price when push comes to shove.. I think Briere is going to surprise in this series with what he has left.

Dobber Sports Monster

Ahh shoot I forgot to do the polls ....thank you Steve for getting them up!

You're right. Poll added. I'll go and do up the rest as well.

Dobber Sports Expert

As a Canadian I'm rooting for the HABS, but just don't think they get by TB. MTL ranks 24th in 5-5 play while TB sits 10th. Add to that, TB has home ice and can dictate matchups easier. Price is excellent, but has to be to bail his team out. Whoever plays goal for TB just has to be good, b/c the team plays more responsibly. I think Hedman is the difference-maker in this series as he is dynamic defensively and offensively...PKS is a liability defensively. MTL can win this and I think it's tight, but the faith that's being put in MTL's depth [Briere, Gionta, Bourque] is just unwarranted IMHO. I think this is the post-season where Briere's legend is finally laid to rest...RIP. Briere's playoff totals last year were already an aberration as he shot over 30%...unsustainable.

TB in 7...hoping I'm wrong.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gotta take Carey Price in this series. Habs in 7.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I so badly wanted to say Montreal would take this series because I'm a big Price fan, but there's something about this resilient Lightning team. They persevered through adversity all season from the Stamkos injury to the St. Louis/Yzerman non-tiff(?) and they just keep winning. Bishop coming back could be huge, but it doesn't seem to matter who they throw in net, Lindback actually was pretty good (1st star of the week I believe) and Gudlevskis (sp?) has big game potential. That and I don't think Montreal has enough battle-tested type of players.

Dobber Sports Ace

Montreal in this one, as they are the only Canadian team in the playoffs.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Guru

Does anyone know if Bishop is going to be ready? That makes this series. Unless Gudlevskis is ready to lock horns in another epic battle with Price.
    Read somewhere that Bishop isn't in for Game 1, but I can't find any confirmation online yet.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid