Thread: Keep 6

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Keep 6

H2H Fantasy Points/Weekly Start
    Start 2 C/2 LW/2 RW/3 D/1 G
    Limited Keeper (Keep 6)
    Scoring: G=1/A=1/SHG=1/GWG=1/Hat Trick=4 PIM=0.1/FOW=0.05/FOL=-0.05/SOG=0.05
    Goalie Scoring: W=1/GA=-0.5/S=0.1/Shut Out=2

My locks are: Malkin, Perry, Karlsson

For the final 3 spots I need to keep either one G or one D, the other two can be forwards. Candidates are: E Staal, E Kane, Kunitz, Ryan, Granlund, Stepan, OEL, Lundqvist, Varlamov.

Would also consider trading to improve, and also potentially keeping 2 D instead of 1 D/1 G. (goalies are pretty easy to redraft, and Lundy has been a little disappointing this year) Because it's a limited keeper offseason trades are tricky though, and the biggest guns (Crosby/Stamkos/OV/Tavares) are not going to happen.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Keep 6

Lundqvist should also be a lock. So, now you are down to 2. Since you start 3 D and you don't really have secondary stats like hits or blocks, I'd definitely keep OEL. Down to 1 now. For the last spot I'd want to make sure I keep a solid LW, since you are keeping Malkin and Perry. E kane for me.

So... Keep Lundqvist, OEL, E. Kane.

I know you said the top 4 won't be traded, but I imagine you could easily net one. I'd try to pursue something like Malkin+Varlamov for Crosby, or Perry+Varlamov for Stamkos, OV, or Tavares.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Lundqvist should also be a lock. So, now you are down to 2. Since you start 3 D and you don't really have secondary stats like hits or blocks, I'd definitely keep OEL. Down to 1 now. For the last spot I'd want to make sure I keep a solid LW, since you are keeping Malkin and Perry. E kane for me.

So... Keep Lundqvist, OEL, E. Kane.

I know you said the top 4 won't be traded, but I imagine you could easily net one. I'd try to pursue something like Malkin+Varlamov for Crosby, or Perry+Varlamov for Stamkos, OV, or Tavares.
    No Staal hey? The reason it's hard to bag one of those guys is that it's a limited keeper. The guys that own those players don't have any need for extra keepers, so 2 for 1 deals don't work. If I was going to land a top guy it would be next season, and even then it's pretty difficult to swing.

Dobber Sports Superstar

H2H Fantasy Points/Weekly Start
    Start 2 C/2 LW/2 RW/3 D/1 G
    Limited Keeper (Keep 6)
    Scoring: G=1/A=1/SHG=1/GWG=1/Hat Trick=4 PIM=0.1/FOW=0.05/FOL=-0.05/SOG=0.05
    Goalie Scoring: W=1/GA=-0.5/S=0.1/Shut Out=2
    I agree Lundy is a lock. Next I would keep Kunitz, he's a solid player and continually puts up great numbers alongside Crosby. E. Kane is a great peripheral guy but with it taking 10 PIMs to equal a point his low point total doesn't do enough for me. My last keeper would be a toss-up between E. Kane and Ryan. I like Staal for the next 1-2 years and then Ryan after that.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    No Staal hey? The reason it's hard to bag one of those guys is that it's a limited keeper. The guys that own those players don't have any need for extra keepers, so 2 for 1 deals don't work. If I was going to land a top guy it would be next season, and even then it's pretty difficult to swing.
    Yeah, I figured though one of the owners of those 4 must be in need of a good goalie though. And I imagine varlamov is particularly valuable given your scoring setup (lots of wins, and a high save percentage meaning he faces a lot of shots and lets in few which favourites your S and GA stats). I'd still try to swing something though.

I like Staal, but I see him as a 70-75 pt guy. I see Kane as having that potential too, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded. So I'd rather keep the better keeper, who is younger, has great potential, and - most importantly - is a LW. You can't forget how slim the LW position is. If you don't keep Kane, it's harder to replace his points. Whereas C is much easier to replace given the pool of talent.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Lundqvist
    Kunitz
    OEL or E.Kane

Left wing is the thinnest position in fantasy hockey.
    With shallow settings like these, I'd shore it up.

There will be plenty of centers available... so Eric Staal is waiver-fodder practically.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hmmm.. some varying opinions here. I'm still not convinced I should be ditching Staal though, he's just one season removed from PPG+. Anyone else care to weigh in?