Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Story: Forgettable Night

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: My Story: Forgettable Night

That reminds me of a poker player telling his worst bad beat story. We can all relate to it, even though we may not have suffered the effects in the same way. Thanks for sharing and good luck next year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ouch. I feel your pain.

When I went to bed on sunday night my team had won my semi-final H2H matchup and secured a berth in the championships for the first time in 4 years (championship is this week) ... When I awoke, my team had ended up tieing the H2H matchup due to a stat correction by Yahoo! which awarded Pavelski and Burns extra assists for the week, enough to tie the category. Turns out I lost the tie-breaker to this other team as well as my trip to the finals ...
    16 Team H2H Full Keeper: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, FW, GAA, SV%, W, SV, SO
    Start: 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6d, 2g, 8 bench

Center: Eichel, Scheifele, Nelson, Pirri
    Left Wing: Huberdeau, Hoffman (C/LW), Maroon, Soderberg (C/LW)
    Right Wing: Kessel, Little (C/RW), Nyquist (C/RW), Zucarrello (LW/RW)
    Defense: Karlsson, Carlson, Savard, Stone, Petry, McNabb
    Goalie: Bishop, Anderson, Raanta
    Bench: Lander, JT Miller, Eakin, Gerbe (C/LW), Dorsett, Jurco, Coyle (C/RW)

Farm: Gormley, S. Morin, Paquette, Weal, Poirier, Vesey, Goldobin, Fiala, Sprong, Copp, Griffith, Stolarz (G), Visentin (G), Bibeau (G), S. Williams (G)

The Great One

Very tough break...but looking at those keepers you have....I suspect you'll have a great chance to take it back next year. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am so sorry.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Novice

I know how you feel. In my H2H, I was ahead 7-2 and then Max Pacorietty had a 5 point night that made it closer to 5-4. I still thought I would hold on with Pittsburg players to play Sunday to keep my lead but instead, the scratch of many Pitts players left me with less games played and losing scoring stats by a few points on the assist and point total categories.

I ending up losing but unlike you, I saw it slow erode a day before unlike throughout a game.

Last year in a points only pool, I had Henrik Sedin and he played a few minutes to keep his IronMan Streak. However, my competitor who was in 2nd owned like 4 Oiler players. The last game of the season, they lit up Vancouver in the last half of the game to somewhere like 5 goals and my 8 point lead was gone and I ended up losing by a tie (he had the tie break due to more goals than assists).

Dobber Sports Recruit

Ouch, definitely feel for you man. I had a similar thing last year for fantasy football. Went 10-2, won the regular season, rolled through the playoffs where I met the second place guy in the final. I was up 32.48 points going into the Monday nighter. I thought it was going to be close, but he struggled mightily in the first half... thought it was in the bag. Not the case lol. With 2 minutes left, Atlanta scores a touchdown, where his kicker gets the extra point (final point of the season). Final score, 101.80-101.78 loss (less than one yard difference).

Perhaps it's not as bad as losing with 30 seconds left, but I feel for you, it can happen to anyone.

Dobber Sports Superstar

If that was poker, you got rivered. Great story, that's why we play fantasy hockey. I am surprised your tv is still in one piece
    Next year the win will be sweet.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO