Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    So... how much longer before Jon and Dany get it on Targaryen-style like Aegon and his sisters? Looking forward to that scene!
    Is getting it on with your aunt less creepy than your sister? Not sure what the incest ethics are like in Westeros

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I also agree that her method of attack could have been smarter, but I think that she could legitimately feel overconfident here and probably doesn't feel much of a threat towards Drogon in their first war encounter. If she did attack from the rear, no doubt she would have been able to cause more damage, but the scorpion looked to be fairly mobile? They could have moved it to where Drogon was attacking. It also seems silly to me, that Bronn missed with the first Bolt, but Drogon insisted on going in for a second pass. Why not get the land army to disable it while Drogon stays away from it if they thought it was any kind of serious threat to him?
    I agree. The whole scene was obviously about plot progression. An actual military attack would have seen Drogon pull out by that time, considering the battle was long past won by that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    Is getting it on with your aunt less creepy than your sister? Not sure what the incest ethics are like in Westeros
    Jon and Dany would be half-siblings, no?

Nvm, Aunt yes.

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow! Episode 4 was fantastic. My least favorite part of it was the battle scene and that was pretty great. The episode had so many pieces that were from the past 6 seasons that the show is actually coming together.

"Chaos is a ladder." I think Littlefinger knows he is in trouble as his scheming does not seem to work on the Starks. I can understand why Bran is so cold now...he's just recently viewed the entire history (and possibly the future) of the World as he knows it. It makes sense why he no longer really cares that a single person did anything in their lifetime.

Brienne having achieved her promise to Catelyn in making sure both of Cat's girls were safe. Then getting worked over (or at least being equalled) by Arya. "Who taught you that?" "No One". One of the best lines of the series so far.

Dobber Sports Master

wasnt arya given some basic training by some dude in season 1 via her dads urging though?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    wasnt arya given some basic training by some dude in season 1 via her dads urging though?
    Yes from Syrio Forel but through her urging to Ned and he reluctantly agreed. She was further trained by the many faced god via Jaqen H'gar and the waif, who in turn refer to themselves as "No one".

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    Yes from Syrio Forel but through her urging to Ned and he reluctantly agreed. She was further trained by the many faced god via Jaqen H'gar and the waif, who in turn refer to themselves as "No one".
    ahh , thanks

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Sometimes a man is no one.
    Sometimes a man is Syrio Forel, first sword of Bravos.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Just so.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Solid bombshell from Gillie during last night's episode all but confirming that Jon is the true heir to the throne.

Dany's going to have a really bad day when she finally founds out she's not the rightful heir... and that she's been banging her nephew (presumably will happen) lol

Dobber Sports Pro

Solid bombshell from Gillie during last night's episode all but confirming that Jon is the true heir to the throne.

Dany's going to have a really bad day when she finally founds out she's not the rightful heir... and that she's been banging her nephew (presumably will happen) lol
    Yea that was cool. Awesome episode. There's another huge bombshell that happens at the end of book 5 that hasn't happened in the show yet and it'll make this situation even more fun to watch as time continues. I could see that being penciled in for the season finale.

Again though what a great episode. Lots of great character interaction and the dragon and hammer deaths were fantastic.

Dobber Sports Star

I definitely liked this episode. Although I am disappointed that nobody "Bigger" died in the Loot Train Attack. I have to admit, that Randyll and Dickon have some balls. I am not sure I know many people who would place their Honour above a very probably Death by Fire.

I can't help but think that Cercei is playing Jaime with her "reveal". Of course, how could anybody trust anything that she says.

It was sad that the reunion between Tyrion and Jaime couldn't have been more pleasant. I like watching the growth and internal struggle of both men, and at the end of the day, Tyrion is going to have to choose between Dany and the Lannisters; not sure which way he will go.

Getting Gendry, Jon, Davos, Tormund, The Hound, Beric and Thoros all together seemed a little contrived, but it will be interesting to see where that goes, and how they intend to "catch" one of the wights or white walkers...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    There's another huge bombshell that happens at the end of book 5 that hasn't happened in the show yet and it'll make this situation even more fun to watch as time continues. I could see that being penciled in for the season finale
    It's been years since I read book 5 - can you remind me as to what you're referring to here? If you're not comfortable discussing in the thread (I don't think it counts as a spoiler since you're speculating) you can inbox me. thx

Dobber Sports Expert

She is the "rightful" heir to the Throne. Rhaegar was killed before Aerys.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been years since I read book 5 - can you remind me as to what you're referring to here? If you're not comfortable discussing in the thread (I don't think it counts as a spoiler since you're speculating) you can inbox me. thx
    if he's talking about fAegon, I doubt this happens. Neither is LSH too.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I definitely liked this episode. Although I am disappointed that nobody "Bigger" died in the Loot Train Attack. I have to admit, that Randyll and Dickon have some balls. I am not sure I know many people who would place their Honour above a very probably Death by Fire.

I can't help but think that Cercei is playing Jaime with her "reveal". Of course, how could anybody trust anything that she says.

It was sad that the reunion between Tyrion and Jaime couldn't have been more pleasant. I like watching the growth and internal struggle of both men, and at the end of the day, Tyrion is going to have to choose between Dany and the Lannisters; not sure which way he will go.

Getting Gendry, Jon, Davos, Tormund, The Hound, Beric and Thoros all together seemed a little contrived, but it will be interesting to see where that goes, and how they intend to "catch" one of the wights or white walkers...

Rylant
    I have a feeling this is the end for Beric and Thoros.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I have a feeling this is the end for Beric and Thoros.
    Oh, there is no question that they aren't ALL coming back. I also wouldn't be surprised if more of them buy it, than just those 2.

Rylant