Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

My god was that ending ever cheesy. They've really outdone themselves.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^I like it.
    My short list of needs:

1. White Walkers bust through the Wall. That way they can basically dismantle that set, as nobody will care about "The Wall" with Jon & Sam gone. $$$ Money Savings for next season. Likelihood: 80%.
    2. Daenerys & crew get on boats and get the eff out of Meereen. If there are only two seasons left, this is good too... another set/stage the producers can ditch. $$$ Savings. Likelihood: 50%.
    3. Cersei uses the wildfire to basically burn down the High Septon's building. I think they need to really internally focus the last 15 episodes between four locations: Winterfell, Twins, Riverrun, King's Landing.

Season 7 will have the Starks & Tully's get even with Lannisters/Freys... and then head towards King's Landings in retreat of White Walkers advance. I still think a Tommen death doesn't happen until Season 7.
    Season 8 will probably be very centric to King's Landings - with EVERYBODY there, incl. Arya & Daenerys.
    btw - What ever happened to those Sand Snakes?
    Booooooring.

Well... a couple right, a couple wrong for me.

I can't believe that the White Walkers weren't shown busting through the wall.
    Maybe that will be the teaser for the new season? Maybe it just didn't come together in the computer gens?

Nailed that Daenerys would get out of Meereen.
    And nailed Cersei lighting the High Septon ablaze... (but didn't know the Tyrells would be in there)...

Tommen death... wow...
    I mean... I guess I hadn't thought that Cersei was still eligible for the throne...
    Didn't they announce her as Cersei Lannister?
    Shouldn't she be Cersei Baratheon?
    And does Littlefinger return to evil-ness alongside Cersei... they do need more human-evil...

re: Varys.
    Yeah... that was weak... being in Dorne, then back in Meereen... c'MON!

That could have been done without Varys... but I get it... he is sort of the master puppeteer that is ridding Westeros of its plague of greed-mongers for the thrown.

Dobber Sports Genius

Unreal episode. Better then battle of the bastards IMO. So satisfying. It really did a good job in touching up on all the story lines, while still bringing the dramatics. I can't wait for next season.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

They really killed off a boatload of top tier cast members last night.

1) Grand Maester Pycelle, by stabbing
    2) Freys (3), by stabbing and pastry
    3) Tyrells (3), by immolation
    4) Tommen, by flying
    5) Lancel, by immolation
    6) High Septon, by immolation

Setting up the chessboard for the endgame is a welcome sight...but they didn't exactly pick off pawns here.

I especially like how TPTB are sowing the seeds of distrust and fury between the Lannister twins. Cersei's maegi-infused prophecy is nearly complete now and I would welcome the cathartic conclusion to that plot line.

I agree that missing out on White Walkers busting through the Wall is a bit of a disappointment but even 69 minutes isn't enough time to wrap up everything neatly.

To Season 7 please!
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    I hope the Mountain goes berserk and grabs him, but probably he will trip over his feet trying to pray and hits his head then dies.
    Will you guys give me this one for Tommen's death?
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Is there any way to recover an auto saved post lol.....just had a big one deleted

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    4) Tommen, by flying
    I read this online but still funny........I guess you could say Tommen had a.....King's Landing.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The more I think about it... the more I'm convinced Dany and Jon will ultimately hook up, get married and unite Westeros.

1) The Targaryens have always kept their blood lines pure and only mated within their own family... going all the way back to the original conquering with Aegon and his two sisters/wives. Jon/Dany would be consistent with that theme.
    2) Dany dropped the hint last night that she needs to marry someone to form a pact and strengthen the army...
    3) Guess who suddenly inherited the entire North.

Boom!

Tyrion as a third Targaryen may still be in play... but it's looking less plausible at this point only because I think it would be too convoluting to the storyline with only two seasons to go.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Alright let's give this another go..

I'm going to get my few book reader and just general TV show watcher issues out of the way first....regardless of these I thought the episode was FANTASTIC. Easily the best finale and combined with 9 probably the two best back to back episodes in the series.

I'm not a book reader who hates every change from the book. Those people bother me. I understand they're making a show and things have to be different....but they also have to make sense. I think my two complaints could have been fixed with a couple quick shots or a couple lines of dialogue.

Where were the armies of sparrows or guards around Cersei and Tommen at this VERY important time? In that absolutely brilliant opening all they had to do was show a shot of the Mountain leaving a heap of bodies outside Cersei chamber, and then the Mountain approaching Tommen's chamber and maybe chopping a few heads. If we're supposed to assume that happened I dunno...why not just show it? Also it would have taken tommen an hour to walk to the Sept haha.

R+L=J. What I had feared since we saw the Tower scene so early in the season....I feel like a lot of non book reader or avid fans would have no idea the significance of it. The biggest complaint or issue I hear from that group is they can't keep track of the names. Do you think anyone knows who Rhaegar even is? I dunno...with such a momentous revelation I feel like it should have had more build up than one scene 7 weeks ago and then being featured in the Previously On. Cut out a Tyrion joke scene and throw in Bran talking to Meera about that flashback! We hadn't seen Bran since episode 6 and he didn't get to talk to the Raven about what he saw really. And why have her whisper? Just frigging say he's mine and Rhaegar's son.

Ok done.

As I said. Unbelievable finale

Will be great to see how or even if Bran can somehow let Jon know he is not Neds. And also how Dany reacts to it. If I get this right...she no longer has the best claim.

Cersei is screwed. Everything she tries eventually backfires on her. She may be fake Queen but the North is now united and Dany is coming with the Martell, Greyjoy and Tyrell army. I didn't realize but supposedly all of their flags were in her fleet.....so that kind of makes me feel better about Varys fast traveling.

Arya. Also fast travels and kills 3 Freys. But it was a cool reveal. I don't think Jaime was ever in her list so does this mean she'll be headed to Winterfell? Glad they included Frey Pie from the books

Where is Euron? I literally just thought of this as I typed his name....is he now going going to be Cersei's fleet? That would certainly give her the only chance she has.

Sad to see Margaery go. She played the game well. Would have liked to see her show a bit more flare to reveal she wasn't on the High Sparrows side all along but oh well.

Glad tyrion is getting recognition.

RIP Lady Stoneheart. It will not happen in the show now.

In what I think is the last of things to occur in the show from the books....good to see Sam make it to the Citadel. I can only guess he's going to discover something important in that library.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Great post HR.
    I love talking asoiaf/GoT... so immersed in it as a guy that went from Season1/2 show watcher to read Books1/2/3, then watch Season 3, then read 4/5, then watch 4/5... then re-read ALL FIVE... then watch Season 6.

As a book reader, I'm impressed with the producers, they've done a good job.
    They can always stake Jon's claim to the throne in Season 7/8 by bringing out the Rhaegar/Lyanna storyline further.
    It's humourous because Jon has no stake to Winterfell (Bran, then Sansa), but he does have stake to throne, if he is eldest surviving male of RhaegarT.
    Now that they have "young Ned", they can very easily to a few more flash backs to the Tournament at Harrenhal and capture that towards the fans.

The end King in both shows/book... Tyrion. Write it in pen.
    Martin is a foreshadower and there is no clearer foreshadowing (pun intended) than the end sentence in one of the first chapters of GoT (book).
    I don't remember if it is Tyrion's chapter or Jon's chapter... but they do converse outside of the Winterfell hall about bastards/imps/etc. "...stood tall as a king."

Extracted from Tyrion I, Chapter 9 (GoT):
    “You are your mother's trueborn son of Lannister."
    "Am I?" the dwarf replied, sardonic. "Do tell my lord father. My mother died birthing me, and he's never been sure."
    "I don't even know who my mother was," Jon said.

"Some woman, no doubt. Most of them are." He favored Jon with a rueful grin. "Remember this, boy. All dwarfs may be bastards, yet not all bastards need be dwarfs."
    And with that he turned and sauntered back into the feast, whistling a tune.
    When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king.”

Some speculate that Tyrion is offspring of MadKingAerys-Joanna... but I speculate Rhaegar-Joanna... because then Rhaegar could have three kids that would be Tyrion/Jon-Dany.

Back to show:
    Margaery was super actress. I will miss her, she did a great job for her 5-6 seasons.
    Euron will probably still show up with his fleet of ships. I expect a battle on the water between Euron & Asha/TheonGreyjoys/Dany/Tyrells/Martells.
    This may be key scene where Dany/Tyrion (maybe Missandei) all mount same dragon together to escape.
    Dothraki in Westeros may be too much of a headache.
    Though Dothraki/Unsulled vs. Lannisters/CityWatch/Kingsguard would make for EPIC, EPIC, end of Season 7 battle.
    That would leave WhiteWalkers/Dragons/Humans battle for Season 8.
    Arya is gonna gun for a few more on her list.
    Here's the list: Joffrey. Cersei. Walder Frey. Meryn Trant. Tywin Lannister. The Red Woman. Beric Dondarrion. Thoros of Myr. Ilyn Payne. The Mountain. The Hound.
    She just sliced Walder.
    Season 7 will probably have her show up to visit the Red Woman and then Beric/Thoros.
    Then the Mountain/R.Strong... and finally Cersei... you can write that in pen too. She has different lists in books/show... and I think they edited that once upon a time...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron..._list_and_why/

Sam will probably dig up some lineage and dragon-slaying info in Oldtown.
    Or perhaps he'll capture the secret to stopping the WhiteWalkers... IDK.
    How GRRM/HBO play with the three key factions: Humans, WhiteWalkers, Dragon... it'll be interesting.

I'm really impressed with the show. I thought they'd really screw up Martin's direction - but they've done a solid job... except for killing Bran's direwolf - still annoyed about that.
    The wolf's name is Summer, after all... they've got to get out of Winter... in the end... and Summer represents Bran being the final cog to the end/end game to end the WWs & Winter.
    Oh - and another episode without seeing Jon's wolf, Ghost... wtf.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Arya is gonna gun for a few more on her list.
    Here's the list: Joffrey. Cersei. Walder Frey. Meryn Trant. Tywin Lannister. The Red Woman. Beric Dondarrion. Thoros of Myr. Ilyn Payne. The Mountain. The Hound.
    She just sliced Walder.
    Season 7 will probably have her show up to visit the Red Woman and then Beric/Thoros.
    Then the Mountain/R.Strong... and finally Cersei... you can write that in pen too. She has different lists in books/show... and I think they edited that once upon a time...
    Interesting. I can't even remember why Melisandre is on Arya's list. Is it because of what she did to Gendry? I wonder if she would change her mind when she realizes that Jon is alive because of her.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Interesting. I can't even remember why Melisandre is on Arya's list. Is it because of what she did to Gendry? I wonder if she would change her mind when she realizes that Jon is alive because of her.

Rylant
    Speaking of. I loved how Jon banished her. A man of principal through and through.

The Great One

The Arya scene was too "soon" and tacked on for me. Between her and Varys the show seems to really be playing loose and fast with time and distance traveled. Yeah, I realize that's a bit nitpicky, but I worry the show has gone from often catering to the viewer too little, to perhaps making that too much of a priority.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    The Arya scene was too "soon" and tacked on for me. Between her and Varys the show seems to really be playing loose and fast with time and distance traveled. Yeah, I realize that's a bit nitpicky, but I worry the show has gone from often catering to the viewer too little, to perhaps making that too much of a priority.
    I agree a bit gaff on their part but not enough of a game changer to hurt the show IMO. This season was way more Hollywood then any other season but also had some characters that were fan favourites die. For instance Margery, Hodor and the giant. So it still got good shock value. I hope they don't lose their anyone can die off risk entirely but at the same time it was a nice change to see some of your favourite characters have the tide turn their way.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Its quite astonishing to look at how many houses have absolutely been obliterated or have lost their future heirs.

Baratheons - gone
    Boltons - gone
    Martels - gone
    Tyrell's - Grandma left
    Tullys - 1 left
    Freys - all the men gone (as far as we know)
    Lannisters - Circe, Jamie and Tyrion left
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)