Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

I...am your father.

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

I found this article very enlightening. FULL respect to the director:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19...attle-director

So many obstacles putting this together.

One snippet, on how he was out of time and out of budget and had asked to replace a part of the scene and go off-script. He got the go ahead, and it was his favorite part:

I think that this section of the fight — in which Jon is almost buried alive by a stampede of panicking wildings — turned out as one of my favorite little moments in the sequence. No VFX, no fighting, just Kit giving a stellar performance and a crazy top shot as he pushes his way back out (we affectionately called it the “rebirthing” shot). The other reason I liked it is because of what it meant to be allowed to follow my gut and go for it. That kind of trust you can’t buy and it felt like a privilege to have been given that kind of support to go into unchartered territory by the producers in such a high stakes game.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nice link/read.
    They do such a good job with that show.
    The budget... I can't even imagine...
    It didn't even cross my mind how difficult it would be to deal with the horses alone... super impressive.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm really sad that there's only one season left.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Well....rumoured to be 2. And 8 and 7 episode season. So it's more like 1.5 seasons left.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Two more seasons, S7 & S8, yes?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/game-thro...01.html?ref=gs

But yes, if they only do 75 hours in total, that splits 15 hours into two seasons, so more like 15 episodes at 1hr.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Two more seasons, S7 & S8, yes?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/game-thro...01.html?ref=gs

But yes, if they only do 75 hours in total, that splits 15 hours into two seasons, so more like 15 episodes at 1hr.
    It would be disappointing in view of what we're used to, but let's all remember how another show managed to make everyone happy despite announcing ahead of time that it would only air 16 more episodes rather than two final full seasons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Bad_(season_5)
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    It would be disappointing in view of what we're used to, but let's all remember how another show managed to make everyone happy despite announcing ahead of time that it would only air 16 more episodes rather than two final full seasons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Bad_(season_5)
    Thanks everyone to make me feel better lol
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Good point. Also with less episodes they can crank more dollars into some serious action! Cut out the talking in pyramids or drinking wine in the Keep!
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I've never watched an episode of this nor do I know what it's about - should I pursue this and give it a try? time is the issue with me. sounds like a lot of fun though and there's nudity and I dig nudity......I'm not a huge fan of LOTR and this seems similar to that franchise.........anyway i'll look into tit.....I mean it
    I blitzed through the first season, and have read the first two books. In the end I realized that I couldn't handle the fact that it just chewed up all of its characters and spit them out. It's certainly not for everyone but has high production value and it's a different take on the traditional fantasy series. I tried three times to get through Season 2 but never made it past the third episode.

Dobber Sports Icon

Attached Images Attached Images
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Immortal

So many things to touch on in the finale....

1. Fallout from the Battle
    2. Davos vs Melisandre
    3. Jaime at the Twins (based on the preview)
    4. Does Dany head overseas?
    5. Where has Bran been?
    5b. Will we see in the tower!?!
    6. Cersei/Margaery/Tommen whole situation
    7. I've pretty much given up hope.....but Brienne and Pod are travelling to an unknown spot and weren't in the previews.....and the Brotherhood is roaming about in the Riverlands...........
    8. Does Arya make it back to Westeros?

My thoughts are it will end with the White Walkers either at or breaking through the Wall (may be too soon but they haven't been seen since ep 5). Cersei is definitely plotting something with wildfire because they have mentioned it too many times this season. Whether that means everyone in the city (including her) or just Tommen and the Faith, I'm not sure. But with only 15 episodes left I think the Game of Thrones is coming to an end and A Song of Ice and Fire is going to take centre stage. No more petty battles for a castle or crown. Dragons vs White Walkers!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^I like it.
    My short list of needs:

1. White Walkers bust through the Wall. That way they can basically dismantle that set, as nobody will care about "The Wall" with Jon & Sam gone. $$$ Money Savings for next season. Likelihood: 80%.
    2. Daenerys & crew get on boats and get the eff out of Meereen. If there are only two seasons left, this is good too... another set/stage the producers can ditch. $$$ Savings. Likelihood: 50%.
    3. Cersei uses the wildfire to basically burn down the High Septon's building. I think they need to really internally focus the last 15 episodes between four locations: Winterfell, Twins, Riverrun, King's Landing.

Season 7 will have the Starks & Tully's get even with Lannisters/Freys... and then head towards King's Landings in retreat of White Walkers advance. I still think a Tommen death doesn't happen until Season 7.
    Season 8 will probably be very centric to King's Landings - with EVERYBODY there, incl. Arya & Daenerys.
    btw - What ever happened to those Sand Snakes?
    Booooooring.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    btw - What ever happened to those Sand Snakes?
    Booooooring.
    I thought they were going to appear in Kings Landing last week.....Battle of the Bastards....they're bastards.....Tommen is a bastard

Didn't happen tho

Dobber Sports Star

Pretty sick finale. I must admit, at the beginning of the season, I was really worried of the results of jumping ahead of the books. In the end, I was very happy with it and will be curious to see how the book follows along.

With 3 episodes left, 4 of my friends and I had a "Game of Thrones Death Pool". Everyone picked 4 characters that they thought would die by the end of the season. I was the only batting a thousand; all 4 of my picks died. $200, thank you very much!

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Amazing finale... I figured it'd be really difficult to follow up Battle of the Bastards but wow, that was satisfying.

The *only* thing that mildly annoyed me (and generally I'm good with suspending disbelief when it comes to TV) is how Arya and Varys have apparently developed teleportation abilities.

Especially Varys... I mean COME ON...one second he's in Dorne... next second he's behind Dany on a ship in Mereen. Teleportation aside, why wouldn't he just send a Raven instead of making three trips across the ocean lol.

So apparently Jon Snow is back to being the stud he's always been and everyone's worshipping him and completely forgotten about his idiocy during the Battle... guess it has to happen now that they've confirmed he's the true heir to the Iron Throne.

It'll be really interesting to see how they handle the dynamic between Jon, Dany and Cersei's armies... who's gonna fight who? Will it be the North vs. Walkers, while Cersei fights Dany?

What about Dany's ambition to sit the Throne despite the fact that she no longer has the best claim? ... which now belongs to her nephew! Jon vs. Dany for the Iron Throne? Or maybe they have sex (Targaryens are incestuous remember) and unite against the Walkers?

So many possibilities.