Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Well I just read a great theory on that whole situation....

http://uproxx.com/tv/arya-waif-fight...me-of-thrones/

The shortest way to explain it? What if Game of Thrones is pulling a Fight Club and Arya is the Waif? Think about it: the Waif is only ever seen by Arya and Jaqen, everyone else seems to ignore her even when she’s beating the crap out of Arya. She always knows where Arya is and is always lurking in the shadows, seeing everything Arya does.

What if the Waif is a disassociated portion of Arya’s personality caused by the water she’s been drinking in the House of Black and White?
    Not sure if Im fully down with that...but I agree something is fishy with the whole situation. I think Waif is defintiely being tested as well and is likely failing her tests because she is not really being "no one" by constantly coming off as jealous and wanting revenge against Arya.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post

Not sure if Im fully down with that...but I agree something is fishy with the whole situation. I think Waif is defintiely being tested as well and is likely failing her tests because she is not really being "no one" by constantly coming off as jealous and wanting revenge against Arya.
    That's a cool theory! I hope it's not true, though... Arya was always my favorite character (primarily because of the books), so I don't want to see some split-personality-murder-suicide situation start messing with her head.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Last night all but confirmed the popular Cleganebowl theory folks... the Mountain fighting for Cersei (obviously) and the Hound representing the Faith (anyone notice the 7 pointed star around the hung guy's neck last night)?

Can't wait to see the Hound destroy his brother once and for all.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This theory is awesome, and I don't see any obvious holes in it! Thanks for sharing!
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Can't wait to see the Hound destroy his brother once and for all.
    Just like we did with Oberon?

Although now that they are totally diverged from the books (not that I read them) they might go with more 'Hollywood' style storylines and start using some more traditional tropes. The worst thing this show could do is become predictable.

CleganeBowl is ON! Great spectacle! Cersei smiling and cocky! Oooh here we go. Oh no! Mountain is beating Hound, it looks terrible for him, he's gonna die! Then at the last second Hound finds that ounce of strength he needs, as he sees Al Swerengen in the crowd smiling at him...then delivers a 'shocking' death blow to the Mountain! Yay yay the crowd goes nuts, he looks back and Swerengen is gone, that c**ksucker.

Or something like that. Could be Arya in the crowd too...

I hope they keep shocking us though, that Oberon/Mountain fight was classic.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Immortal

As much as I think CLeganebowl would be unreal.....Im kinda liking this theory that the Mountain is going to end up killing Tommen in whatever rampage ensues before, during and after this fight. I've read people think The Faith will choose Tommen as it's champion......but that's kinda dumb. But thinking back to the episode and that scene with the High Sparrow telling her she needs to produce an heir. Perfect timing for that convo if Tommen is gonna get his head bashed in as Cersei' prophecy predicted.

Dobber Sports Star

I was SO happy to see Ian McShane sign on. I was saddened to see that Swearengen couldn't last longer than one episode. C**ksucker...

I also think that something is up with Arya. She just betrayed the Faceless God, and 2 seconds later she lets an old woman get close enough to almost kill her? I don't buy it. I agree that it is highly possible that there are other face changes going on here. If everything does pan out that way, I expect she will get help from the acting troupe.

Best scene of the week? Olenna Tyrell bashing Cersei. Second best scene: Yara's motivational speech to Theon. Third best: Blackfish and Jaime. Fourth best: Jon, Sansa and Davos trying to convince a firery Lyanna Mormont to donate fighting men to the cause. Overall, the best episode of the season.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    This theory is awesome, and I don't see any obvious holes in it! Thanks for sharing!
    Main hole in this theory is that the Waif actually has a real backstory in the books. She's a much different character.

That said, it's possible that they completely change the dynamic in the show. It's also possible that that "backstory" is another figment of Arya's imagination, though. It's really hard to tell what's going on with this storyline right now.

The Waif being in Arya's head would explain why she didn't slit her throat... it's probably a lot easier to slash yourself in the gut via hallucination instead of slit your own throat.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't buy into the whole waif/arya's imagination angle... just last episode the waif was having a private conversation with that dude about killing Arya. Surely that entire scene wasn't imagined.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't buy into the whole waif/arya's imagination angle... just last episode the waif was having a private conversation with that dude about killing Arya. Surely that entire scene wasn't imagined.
    well if the theory were true it would mean that it was Arya talking to him. her and the waif would be one in the same. ever see the movie black swan?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I was SO happy to see Ian McShane sign on. I was saddened to see that Swearengen couldn't last longer than one episode. C**ksucker...

I also think that something is up with Arya. She just betrayed the Faceless God, and 2 seconds later she lets an old woman get close enough to almost kill her? I don't buy it. I agree that it is highly possible that there are other face changes going on here. If everything does pan out that way, I expect she will get help from the acting troupe.

Best scene of the week? Olenna Tyrell bashing Cersei. Second best scene: Yara's motivational speech to Theon. Third best: Blackfish and Jaime. Fourth best: Jon, Sansa and Davos trying to convince a firery Lyanna Mormont to donate fighting men to the cause. Overall, the best episode of the season.

Rylant
    I like the show but definately not as dedicated as the hard core fans .

Is the blackfish dude Ned's brother or brother-in law ?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I like the show but definately not as dedicated as the hard core fans .

Is the blackfish dude Ned's brother or brother-in law ?
    Uncle-in-law.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Expert

As much as I think CLeganebowl would be unreal.....Im kinda liking this theory that the Mountain is going to end up killing Tommen in whatever rampage ensues before, during and after this fight. I've read people think The Faith will choose Tommen as it's champion......but that's kinda dumb. But thinking back to the episode and that scene with the High Sparrow telling her she needs to produce an heir. Perfect timing for that convo if Tommen is gonna get his head bashed in as Cersei' prophecy predicted.
    The champion has to be a willing combatant. Tommen would never.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Expert

Think about it this way, he was actually talking to Arya, but we saw the Waif's face/part of her personality as no one. Like a dual personality type situation. THat part of her personality is trying to kill the Arya personality... I am not saying I buy it or want it to happen, I think that is what the theory is trying to convey.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think that the the Hound is due to meet up with Brienne again. He always liked Sansa and I think he may just head North, that would likely lead him back to Arya as well. One big happy family. I can also see him wanting to kill whoever just wiped out his little commune, just because.

At least Sansa is writing to Little finger, that dude is shrewd. Plus he controls the knights of the veil, I am guessing they are a decent force.

People who have read the books have more insight into characters but considering the TV show will pass Martin's writing I am anticipating a few major changes.

When does Bronn hook up with Tyenne Sand??? https://www.romper.com/p/where-has-bronn-been-on-game-of-thrones-we-last-saw-him-in-dorne-11696