Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

I think Jon Snow will be resurrected by Melisandre "a la Beric Dondarrion"
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I think Jon Snow will be resurrected by Melisandre "a la Beric Dondarrion"
    It's possible.
    It's been proposed/theorized quite a bit.
    It would give him his PTWP/AzorAhai status that Daenerys already has via her fire re-birth.
    If they salt his smoking body to preserve him in an icy tomb...
    ... he'll be right up there with how Mel fancied Stannis (that pretender!).
    ...And Dany was originally born among the salt & smoke (of Dragonstone).

Of course, first his body has to be moved to an icy morgue!
    (or, so goes all the prophecies/visions by Bran/Dany.)

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm not so sure Stannis is dead, you never actually see it happen, and the directors like to leave no ambiguity in such situations. You see Ned starks head cut, you see Rob and Caitlyns throats slit, you see Geoffrey poisoned to death.... You don't get this with Stannis, or the hound for that matter.

Jon is 100% dead though, whether they revive him as warg or black magic is a different story, but it certainly seems like there's too much left in that story line to simple end it like that.

WHAT A CLIFF HANGER!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Banned

Stamkos is definitely not dead. He probably turned into the shadow again or something. Or Brienne missed because Sansa showed up.

I dunno about Jon. Kit Harrington said he is dead for sure but maybe he does become a white walker and **** Westeros up.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Stamkos is definitely not dead.
    I really hope not... TB needs all the help it can get right now with Kuch/Johnson injured.

Dobber Sports Star

***** Last Night Spoilers ******

I liked Brienne's speech before executing Stannis. I also really liked the way Stannis accepted his fate. I was disappointed that we didn't see the death blow. It seems out of place for Brienne to miss, or "fake" the blow by hitting the tree instead. Stannis is one of my favourite characters, so a big part of me hopes he isn't dead. I was REALLY looking forward to Davos confronting Stannis after burning his daughter.

I enjoyed the scene with Tyrion, Daario, Grey Worm, Jorah and Missandei. It was also good to see Varys again.

It was awesome to see Reek finally step out a bit and kill Myranda (She was SO hot, though). I did feel like they rushed the parts in this episode with Sansa, though, and I thought them jumping off the wall in Winterfell was stupid. Does anybody actually think they are dead?

It was cool to see the Dothraki again. Danaerys dropping her ring was interesting, presumably to leave a trail to allow her to be followed, or so the Dothraki wouldn't think she was married.

The scene with Myrcella and Jaime seemed a little strange to me. First of all, why are the Sand Snakes on the docks to see them off? On the ship, Myrcella seems to have a complete change of heart towards Jaime which seemed a little forced to me. She was so mad at him earlier; perhaps she had changed her tune a bit because she is travelling with her husband to be. Is she though? Certainly, it isn't going to take long for the Lannisters to figure out where the poison came from. Would Elia send the soon to be hostage Trystane with them knowing she intends on killing Myrcella? Another off-screen death. I assume Myrcella is dead.

Arya and Meryn Trant. Wow. Cross another off the list. It was both brutal and very satisfying to watch. Arya struck with blindness for killing the wrong man; is it permanent?

Cercei's walk of shame. Difficult to watch. I had to keep reminding myself how horrible a person Cercei is. I really like Qyburn. On a side note, I was disappointed to hear that Lena Headey used a body double for the scene. She has done a lot of nudity before, so why not now? About a year ago, I heard that she agreed to do the scene herself which I was familiar with, having read the books. Also, what happened to her feet? Was she walking on broken glass? Don't most of the inhabitants of that area walk around barefoot?

Jon Snow... Wow. Clearly a fan favourite and someone who most thought would be around until the end. Even though we aren't certain he is dead, it is tough to see somebody survive those wounds. Lots of speculation about Melisandre being there and potentially helping out ala Beric Dondarrion.

Overall, I was very happy with it. It hit like a sledgehammer. Still the best show on television. I give it a 9.0 out of 10.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

I imagine Lena Heady using a body double had something to do with all of her tattoos maybe?

As for Elaria poisoning Myrcella.... Trystane is Doran's son. She gets back at the Lannisters and Doran in one move. She also invites all-out wat between the crown and Dorne.... Not the smartest decision.

One thing bugged me with Brienne's speech... She called Renly the true king. False. By rights Stannis should be king no doubt about it.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

I heard Lena Heady was actually pregnant during filming of this season. Possibly why she used a body double for the walk.

Also anyone notice the slight nod of Doran to approach Myrcella to kiss her? .....interesting.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Master

Just finished (finally) watching the final episode of the season. Here is what I think will happen next season (take this with a grain of salt, please):
    Arya learns to clean bodies while blind, and becomes the world's foremost dermatologist,
    Cersei falls in love with the Frankenstein Mountain, and they have babies that look like monkeys with wings. She becomes the Wicked Witch of the Westeros,
    Jon Snow is saved by the Red Witch, and he burns the Wall down and invites the White Walkers to chow down on those "traitorous brothers" of his. They do so, and Jon gets the last laugh as he gleefully yells at the walkers that they just ate "crow".
    Bronn and Jaime sail back to Dorne where they go Schwartzenegger's Commando on their asses, until the youngest of Oberyn's daughters exposes her breasts again, and peace returns to the land for as long as she remains naked.
    Brienne gets the Bruce/Kaitlyn Jenner flippity-do and becomes Brian of Tarth.
    Sansa helps Theon regain his confidence, then kicks him in the balls until he can't even pronounce the word Theon ever again. She then treats him worse than Ramsay did.
    Daenarys realizes that the Dothraki have found her after years of searching for her and she is forced to listen to all of their complaints since her departure. She then orders Drogon to eat her so she doesn't have to listen to the "little people" anymore.
    Tyrion rules Mereen better than anyone ever has, makes them a superpower in the world, and nukes Westeros with the two dragons Daenarys has left behind.

Hope my predictions brought a smile to your face. In all seriousness, I thought that most of this fifth season was rather slow and uninteresting...until the 8th, 9th and 10th episodes. WOW! Pretty incredible storytelling. Regular television just can't compete with this stuff. Can't wait for the next season and hope GRRM is able to produce his 6th book before the TV series resumes. Get it in gear, Mr. Martin, get it in gear!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just thought of this the other day...

Melisandre brings Jon Snow back to life, he takes his wildling army, and takes back Winterfell. Along the way he finds Theon and Sansa, maybe even Rickon as well.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

For the watch!!!

Dobber Sports Star

Reading the books, Thoros resurrecting Beric Dondarrion carries a toll. This is from Game of Thrones Wikia
    Dondarrion does not perfectly recover from each of these physical injuries, but instead carries severe scars from each wound, notably the remaining mark around his neck from when he was hanged. Particularly, his missing right eye did not grow back. Moreover, according to Dondarrion being resurrected carries a heavy toll, chipping away at him and losing large pieces of his memory each time he's brought back.
    The more I think about Melisandre bringing back Snow, the more I think that Martin has set this up with the intent to have Jon Snow have something huge missing from his memory. It's an interesting theory.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    The more I think about Melisandre bringing back Snow, the more I think that Martin has set this up...
    Martin (GRRM) is a total master-planner, as his story goes.
    He has reason for almost everything.

The first three books (GoT, CoK, SoS) were set up for his main story...
    But I think he used books 4 & 5 to "check off" some of the things he prophecized. (He won't let any go unanswered, he's very thorough).

I always thought having Stannis go to the wall was very strange.
    Uber strange.
    But it does relocate Melisandre there.
    And this is about the only way to achieve:

i) Putting Jon Snow into a dying/dead state. (To complete Bran's prophecy of his body growing cold at the wall.)
    ii) Melisandre to bring him back to life.

I can foresee this being followed by Jon, for some reason, then plunging a sword into Melisandre (killing her) but also thus fulfilling the prophecy of Azor Ahai/Lightbringer.
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lightbringer

Martin likes history to repeat.
    (one of his themes)
    And so if Snow is missing a chunk of his memory... that would be very interesting... lot of ways that could go. (cool thought)

Banned

it doesn't seem likely that Jon Snow would have had a long staredown with the Night's King (that icey Darth Maul guy) and then just be cast off from the series entire two weeks later. He should be back in some form to face that guy again

The Great One

Has anyone rea the "Bolt-On" theory? I know its far fetched but Im losing my shit over this...

- - - Updated - - -

Johns not dead- give me a break. I think the rection they were going for was "OMFG!! What???". My exact reaction was "Hahaha- yea right..."