Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Because the show is going to pass the books. Or at least it should in some stories.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Because the show is going to pass the books. Or at least it should in some stories.
    Which is cause for fear... how?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Which is cause for fear... how?
    Because I'd rather read the books first than see the show's interpretation of them...as I think most readers would. "Books are always better" is a cliché that I tend to agree with.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I agree I would really rather the books were finished before the show is finished, but that's a distinct possibility and has even been mentioned by GRRM and the show creators as a possibility. GRRM has actually told them how the story ends, just in case.

Anyway.....awesome episode, although it was a little underwhelming after all the talk of "biggest/best episode yet". I was expecting more action from those descriptions, but I'm ok with a plot heavy episode especially when it's covering such important stuff.

They did leave out a TON of information between Jamie and Tyrion when he was helping with the escape. Like.....a lot of information. Leaving the door open for those two to reconnect at some point I'm sure. Although I suppose they've never really gone much into Tyrion's past with his first wife.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

I wonder how far they will go.

Do you think GRRM has everything tied up at the end of book 7 (Is that already widely known?)?
    Does he let the series conclude everything for us?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Because I'd rather read the books first than see the show's interpretation of them...as I think most readers would. "Books are always better" is a cliché that I tend to agree with.
    So just don't watch until you read the books, whenever they do come out
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

So just don't watch until you read the books, whenever they do come out
    Hahaha easier said than done.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I wonder how far they will go.

Do you think GRRM has everything tied up at the end of book 7 (Is that already widely known?)?
    Does he let the series conclude everything for us?
    It's been planned as a 7-book story for a long time, but now there's been some talk of an 8th book just because there might be too much to wrap up in just two more books. With the way GRRM writes, I don't see any way that he finishes the books before the series concludes unless HBO just gives Weiss and Benioff a blank contract and free reign to go as long as they want. I'd put the odds of that happening at about 1% since HBO is pushing to cap the series at 7 or 8 seasons. With a little more time, the show (or a spinoff) could maybe delve a bit deeper into the history or just go more into the current events, but I really can't see that happening. I get the feeling the ending of the story will be revealed on the show long before the books.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Why does that worry you?
    Maybe it's just nerves?

Dobber Sports Guru

FWIW, I saw the first season or two before reading the books, then read the books up to the end of this season. I much preferred the show-before-book order of things. Everything was so much more shocking. Then going back to read the books is so much more rewarding because of all the extra detail and without the shortcuts the TV writers have to make to squeeze the events into ten hour-long episodes.

Season 3 and 4 were great, but I enjoyed them less because I knew what was coming. IMO.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    Season 3 and 4 were great, but I enjoyed them less because I knew what was coming. IMO.
    I don't understand that argument... it works both ways regardless of whether you read or watch first lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Definitely not going to miss that redhead wildling chick.
    You take that back! Ygritte was a beauty!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    You take that back! Ygritte was a beauty!
    He knows nothing

Dobber Sports Star

Thought I would resurrect this old thread now that people should be caught up with the leaked first 4 episodes of Season 5.

SPOILERS for the first 4 Episodes of Season 5

This show never ceases to amaze me; hands down the best show on television right now. And I have read the books!

Scenes I have REALLY loved

- The scene where Jon talks to Mance and tries to talk him into bending the knee to Stannis
    - The scene where they discussed candidates, and elected Jon to be Lord Commander
    - The scene where Ellaria tries to convince Doran to avenge the death of Oberyn
    - The scene where Cersei confronts Margaery and Margaery mocks her about her wine drinking. The entire scene was awesome with the underlying threats from each
    - The scene where Davos tries to convince Jon to help retake Winterfell
    - Loved how Stannis approved of the execution of Slynt
    - Loved the scene where Shireen asked if Stannis was ashamed of her. Stannis is a hard man, but he went up huge for me because of that scene. Maybe my favorite scene of the season so far
    - Loved that they finally show how bad ass Barristan Selmy is, although I was disappointed with how useless the Unsullied were during the fight

It was a slow start to the season, but I am still really enjoying it. I thought that Sansa seemed to give in too easily to Petyr Baelish at the idea of marrying Ramsay Bolton. I also would have liked to see more internal struggle from Jon Snow when he realized that he had to execute Janos; even though it was the right thing to do, it seemed too easy for Jon.

Rylant

PS. Carice Van Houten is smoking hot...

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm liking the direction they are going with Jaime Lannister. He and Bronn have some pretty good chemistry maybe not as good as Tyrion/Bronn but I still enjoy all the scenes very much.