Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MacKinnon hits 60pts, thanks!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: MacKinnon hits 60pts, thanks!

I can see where you are coming from and I have no problems with how you give credit.

I've had teachers that only give credit when you get the answer right, others that give you partial credit when they see you've gone through the process correctly but got the answer wrong.

I'm giving Dobber credit for coming up with reasons why Mac is a special rookie and deserved a bolder prediction.

You would think other sites would make bolder predictions but they won't because they want to play it safe. I trust Dobber because I've read what he has written and believe he will be right more often than not.

It's that simple.

Dobber Sports Master

I had the first overall pick in our draft last September, and my friends and fellow poolies were pretty divided on MacK and Drouin. I think Drouin will be special, but I grabbed MacKinnon and don't think I will regret it.
    Thanks to all the Dobberites who answered my questions concerning the two prospects back then. It certainly helped me make the decision I did.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In a 6 Keeper league and based on Dobbers guide I was the shock of our draft when i took Mack with my second round pick. No way i was losing him to any one in my league.
    Riding him to a second place finish only due to some hard injuries to some of my protected early in the season and a long climb out of the basement.
    Thanks to Dobber for the pre guide and the midseason and sticking to it, I had some owners scratching there heads at my team at draft day, but whose laughing now.
    Also I had one owner offer me Stamkos for Mack and wouldn't budge. He's mine for the next 10 yrs.
    Thanks Dobber!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by dhcustom2 View Post
    In a 6 Keeper league and based on Dobbers guide I was the shock of our draft when i took Mack with my second round pick. No way i was losing him to any one in my league.
    Riding him to a second place finish only due to some hard injuries to some of my protected early in the season and a long climb out of the basement.
    Thanks to Dobber for the pre guide and the midseason and sticking to it, I had some owners scratching there heads at my team at draft day, but whose laughing now.
    Also I had one owner offer me Stamkos for Mack and wouldn't budge. He's mine for the next 10 yrs.
    Thanks Dobber!
    I think I would have taken Stamkos over MacKinnon. Hey, I love the kid and he's been very good this year, but Stammer is a top 5 NHL forward (Crosby, Tavares, Ovie, Malkin are the others) now at age 23.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dhcustom2 View Post
    Thanks Dobber!
    Seriously? You were offered Stamkos for mackinnon and you said no?

Can't tell who is more insane: you for saying no or him for offering it. Wow, young guys really get the irrational side of people.

Dobber Sports Star

i would take stamkos as well, even if stamkos JUST got hurt and i knew he was out 2-3 months lol
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

First sig: I took Mac first overall as well, and don't regret it. Of course, it was a lot easier when I had the top 4 picks, lol. I went all in on last year's draft class, with an expansion team.

Dobber Sports Star

im fully expecting colorado to re-sign stastny. mackinnon was most effective (points-wise) playing the wing with landeskog and stastny. i personally think they should keep parenteau to play with oreilly and duchene but they simply may not do that. either way, colorado has a good shot at being a fantasy gold mine for years to come.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ace

Sounds like I'm getting an offer for my MacKinnon, Lehner and D Sedin for his Tavares +.... should get interesting... but I'll likely have to turn it down. My goal depth is abysmal... although, a Malkin/JT combo does sound pretty damn enticing!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Sounds like I'm getting an offer for my MacKinnon, Lehner and D Sedin for his Tavares +.... should get interesting... but I'll likely have to turn it down. My goal depth is abysmal... although, a Malkin/JT combo does sound pretty damn enticing!
    Man, you need to take that offer and run!