Thread: I feel like this is a mistake

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default I feel like this is a mistake

Just agreed to trade

Yandle, Horton, Brendan Smith, Pageau, Athanasiou, Nesterov, Ebert, Zalewski, Matt Bailey and 2 2015 4ths

for

Pavelski, Giordano and Maroon

I'm racked with injuries up front and deep on defense so it makes sense on that front. My main concern is even that his shooting % isn't outlandish and his PDO is 100 I don't think there's anyway Giordano comes close to this season again. there's a good chance this clinches the regular season title for me though.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: I feel like this is a mistake

Tough to say without knowing more about your league and how important those scraps are. In general, if it ensures a win this year then I would do it. Not like your giving up the world.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's a multi-cat capped dynasty league with what is basically a 30 man prospect roster.

My roster now likes this:
    F: Pavelski, Seguin, Ribeiro, Coyle, Maroon, Byfuglien, Calvert, Beleskey, Selanne, Glencross, Kadri, Z Smith
    D: Giordano, Shattenkirk, Hedman, Barrie, Gardiner, Bartkowski
    G: Greiss

Bench: Malkin, B Flynn, Granlund, Scheifele, Dw King, Radulov, Czuczman, M Smith, Markstrom, Holtby
    IR: Tavares, Santorelli

Dobber Sports Giant

I don't know why you'd think this is a mistake. You gave up Yandle and a bunch of spare parts to lock up a regular season title. By the looks of your bench, you've had a lot of major injuries to deal with over the second half of the season, so I'm totally fine with giving up a whole lot of quantity for some very quality players in Pavelski and Giordano (plus Maroon, who helps you in the short-term). With so many injured talents on your bench, I wouldn't worry about the scraps you gave up to seal the deal. Next season you'll be fielding quality lineups with a healthy Malkin, Tavares, Granlund, Scheifele, Mike Smith, etc. etc.

If this move helps you win it all this season, I'm totally fine with it. You made the right call IMO.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have no problem with this whatsoever. When your going for the gold I've always felt that it's not what you gave up that matters so much, it's the guys you added, and if that wins a championship, mission accomplished! In this case, I would argue that the price was actually very fair. Yes, there are some question marks but going forward with Giordano and Maroon (his time may be coming, if so, you hit it out of the park) who are both fantasy relevant and Pavs is absolutely keeper material. The only hit you took was Yandle, the rest should be replaceable including Horton (bandaid boy and inconsistent) and Smith (still 2 or 3 years away). I hope you win your pool!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf