Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who wins the inevitable Blackhawks/Avalanche first round playoff series?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Who wins the inevitable Blackhawks/Avalanche first round playoff series?

Running the numbers suggests a near 100% chance that Chicago and Colorado meet in the first round.

Season series went 4-1 in Colorado's favor.

In-depth look and prediction of which team would come out on top: http://thehockeywriters.com/team-win...layoff-series/

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Who wins the inevitable Blackhawks/Avalanche first round playoff series?

Didn't read the article. But first we need to find out how healthy Toews , Kane and Duchene will be. Before we know which competitors will be in the dance, we can't accurately try and gauge the outcome.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Who wins the inevitable Blackhawks/Avalanche first round playoff series?

Toews and Kane will play in Game 1, Duchene will likely miss most or all of the series.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ssarcu View Post
    Toews and Kane will play in Game 1, Duchene will likely miss most or all of the series.
    Because Chicago said so? They haven't even released what Toews injury is. And Duchene is pushing to be back in game 1. All of thee injury statuses are very much up in the air.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Because Chicago said so? They haven't even released what Toews injury is. And Duchene is pushing to be back in game 1. All of thee injury statuses are very much up in the air.
    Well, yes, because Chicago said so; that's how these things work. Seems reasonable to suspect that they are playing it safe in an effort to avoid any further injury.

Duchene's timetable was 4 to 6 weeks. He can push all wants, but 4 weeks is still 4 weeks.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would put my money on Chicago
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

First off, let me say I think this will be a great matchup! That being said I believe the Avs will edge the Hawks in 6 games. I think Varly will have a very strong series versus the hawks and I think the MacKinnon, Stastny, Landeskog line will carry the Avs into round 2. They have been the team's strongest line since Tanguay/Parenteau went down with injuries. Can't wait to watch that series on NHL GameCenter!

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Superstar

My money is on Chicago. They are the defending champs. Will be a good series.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Monster

Assuming both teams enter the series healthy ( Toews, Kane, Duchene ) it comes down to Varly vs Crawford in this one. Both teams have some fire power, but in the end I think Chicago has to much for the Avs and Crawford's playoff experience prevails. Hawks will win in 6.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Being defending Champs doesn't mean much though these days, you know. There hasn't been a repeat champion since the 97 & 98 Red Wings. It's pretty tough to defend the Title now. Should be an awesome series though, can't wait to watch.

GMHL Dynasty
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd put my money on the Hawks. And I don't put much stock in that 4-1 season record. The games were close and the Hawks were coasting at times. When the Hawks are motivated, no one has beaten them in a while.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oh, so you mean since the 2012 playoffs... The year before they won the cup?

GMHL Dynasty
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Picks Owned:

Dobber Sports Rookie

Not so inevitable after all. Pretty shocking how close the division race has suddenly gotten; if memory serves, the odds of Avs/Hawks being a first round matchup were greater than 98% when this piece was written.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The depth on Chicago is way better than Col. In a long series Chi will wear them down. Look how Chi is performing without its stars, they are probably going into playoffs with 25 skaters then can use and be effective.
    Bet Hawks $$$$
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

I finally get to make a homer playoff pool list, and go with COL. Even though I'm not overly confident. But there are glimmers of hope.

But Varly would need to steal it. And may hinge on how healthy the Blackhawk stars are?
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot