Thread: Mr. Consistent

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Mr. Consistent

Giroux.

I was checking out his game log and was amazed at his consistency (when you account for his terrible start to the season).
    If you start at Oct 12 (first point of the season), he has only gone 2 consecutive games without a point 3 times. That is incredible.

For perspective, Crosby has also only gone 2 consecutive games without a point 3 times. Of course, he didn't go scoreless at the start of the year but still.

I am not even a big Giroux fan, but dang I thought that was impressive and worth a share in case anyone likes to get consistency on their roster. Really something to consider if in a trade or come draft day you are choosing between guys like Hall, Giroux, Seguin, etc.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Mr. Consistent

Giroux has potential to do so much more. He is as talented as they come!

Dobber Sports Initiate

if he didn't have such a horrid start he could have been challenging Crosby in the points race this year.
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna14 View Post
    if he didn't have such a horrid start he could have been challenging Crosby in the points race this year.
    Except he wouldn't be, just to be clear. Crosby is in a different league. Give Giroux 8 "freebie" points over the first 2 months (which would put him at a point-per-game pace to start the season), and he would still be nearly 15 points back from Crosby.

Let's be realistic now. Besides, the reason he went through a slump is because he ISN'T crosby. Haha.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kopitar is also very consistent. Only had consecutive pointless games 4 times all year.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Ace

Stamkos. Take away the four games when he returend from injury, and he's yet to have a two-game pointless streak. Obviously, he's played limited games this season. But last year - 48game season - he only had three, two-game pointless stretches.

Tavares. A random four-game pointless streak before his injury..beyond that, just two two-game pointless stretches.

Hmm. Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux, Kopitar. Think we're seeing a trend here. Top players manage to get on the scoresheet

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah, if you remove Giroux's first 6 games in which he went pointless, Claude Giroux is scoring at a 95-point pace right now. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that Giroux's 90-point season may not have been an outlier. If he didn't have wrist surgery in the offseason, we might be talking about Giroux's second 90+ season, cementing his elite status. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not letting Giroux slip further than 5-6 in any drafts that I do from now on.

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

I think cause Giroux doesn’t put up 3 point nights a lot, he kinda just slowly puts up the points if you will, he gets over looked often in drafts. His name doesn’t carry as much weight as Malkin, Stamkos, Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares, Rask, maybe even Lunquist at the beginning of the year, to be constantly drafted top 5. People also forget how young he is, he just turned 26. But depending on how your league is set up, goals could be weighted more and you’d pick Stamkos before Giroux. Maybe it’s a salary cap league and his 10mill this yr and 9mill the next few years is too much. All these could bring down his average draft position, and then people who don’t know fantasy follow the draft rankings. And with autodraft being a thing, heightens the fact he’s drafted low.

In our league actually it went Malkin, Giroux, Crosby, Stamkos, Ovi, Lunquist, Perry, D. Sedin, Rask, Tavares, Quick, Rinne for the 1st round in the shortened season. Which was a bit of a surprise that Crosby and Stamkos fell.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think cause Giroux doesn’t put up 3 point nights a lot, he kinda just slowly puts up the points if you will, he gets over looked often in drafts. His name doesn’t carry as much weight as Malkin, Stamkos, Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares, Rask, maybe even Lunquist at the beginning of the year, to be constantly drafted top 5. People also forget how young he is, he just turned 26. But depending on how your league is set up, goals could be weighted more and you’d pick Stamkos before Giroux. Maybe it’s a salary cap league and his 10mill this yr and 9mill the next few years is too much. All these could bring down his average draft position, and then people who don’t know fantasy follow the draft rankings. And with autodraft being a thing, heightens the fact he’s drafted low.

In our league actually it went Malkin, Giroux, Crosby, Stamkos, Ovi, Lunquist, Perry, D. Sedin, Rask, Tavares, Quick, Rinne for the 1st round in the shortened season. Which was a bit of a surprise that Crosby and Stamkos fell.
    I'm sorry, but Tavares at 10th overall is the biggest surprise there. That's just insane. I got Tavares 9th overall in a bloggers' league, but I chalked that up to kids having no idea how to draft for the most part. In any league where people know their shit, JT shouldn't be outside the top6-7 picks.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, I was late to the draft by like a minute and got my first pick autodrafted. Luckily I got Stamkos. I was going in aiming for Giroux or Malkin just based on who the top 3 were going to be (Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin/Giroux). I would personally take Stammer over JT, just because I’m a stamkos fan boy tho. I can’t remember but I feel like Lunquist was ranked stupid high, and he was autopicked as well. But Sedin, Perry, and Rask over JT is odd. Especially when I flipped H. Sedin for Rask prior to the season even starting haha
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This draft order makes zero sense. Tavares that late, after Sedin? Crosby 3rd, after Giroux? Is this league full of guys on crack? What could even be the argument for anyone to take Malkin before Crosby? Surely it can't be fear of injury, since Malkin wins in that department.