Thread: Calvin DeHaan. REP.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Calvin DeHaan. REP.

So I drafted this guy a few years ago in my deep keeper league and he has been stashed away on my farm team since then. I was getting ready to right him off, but I see he had over 30 min of ice time tonight. What does everyone see moving forward with this guy? Is he on the team to stay? I haven't watched a lot of his games either, so I am not sure if he is offensive or defensive. Like I said, this is a very deep league, so if he turns out to be a 20-30 point guy, that has some value to me.

Rep to all!

Rylant

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Calvin DeHaan. REP.

I think DeHaan will come into his own next year, who will generate some peripheral points for you. Wouldn't give up on him yet.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Giant

i see him just fighting to be a top pairing, but in a deep league with periferal stats he could have some value. i would count him a bust just yet.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Deity

I think he has value, but it's not what was projected for him when he was drafted.

He is fantasy worthy in deep leagues but his value is limited.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

He is 22 years old and has less than 50 games under his belt and he is the Isles best defenceman already. He played 30 minutes last night. Not sure where he ends up yet, fantasy wise, but he is going to get MUCH better. It's amazing this kid wasn't ripping up the AHL, but Bridgeport is much of a development system. I would definitley hold him - his potential, especially on the Isles who have little competition, is great.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    He is 22 years old and has less than 50 games under his belt and he is the Isles best defenceman already. He played 30 minutes last night. Not sure where he ends up yet, fantasy wise, but he is going to get MUCH better. It's amazing this kid wasn't ripping up the AHL, but Bridgeport is much of a development system. I would definitley hold him - his potential, especially on the Isles who have little competition, is great.
    I agree with this poster. He's so young and he's already seeing big minutes for his club. Don't give up on your investment just yet.

Dobber Sports Pro

Who knows how much offense he will bring as he does not really get top PP time, but he has been playing a ton and adding a lot of BS recently. It is too bad he was hurt so much as a prospect but I hope he can get a good offensive game going and stay healthy
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree that he has taken a step forward that many of us had more or less given up on, but he isn't out of the woods yet. As for him being "the Isles top defenseman already," well, I think that job will be occupied by Hamonic in the long term - Hamonic has taken a while to come around, but he gets a little steadier each month. But I think he does a lot of things well, and his offensive game is starting to click now that he's seeing more opportunity. Things will be even more muddied when Reinhart, Pulock and Pokka are added to the mix. The Isles have the making of a very nice D corps in the long term, not sure how this list equates to "little competition."
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Banned

Hamonic is a good defenceman, but his game has really been up and down this year (actually, you could say that about his whole career to this point) but his game really too off when he was paired with.... you guessed it - Calvin deHaan. There has been no question that CDH has been the Isles best defenceman this year. The Isles do have some great young prospects on the blueline - nice to see Pokka mentioned, as I think he could be very good and he isn't one of the popular names thrown around when discussing d-prospects... but, deHaan has been too good to ignore. Legitimate top-pairing, minute eating d-man and other than Polock, I think he has as much offensive upside as anyone in the organization.