Thread: Jacob Turner or Drew Hutchinson or LaTroy Hopkins

I...am your father.

Default Jacob Turner or Drew Hutchinson or LaTroy Hopkins

I have equal SP and RP needs. Desperate needs, actually.

Which two would you prefer? Turner was just dropped. I also have McGowan, but I really want to hold him for a couple of weeks and see
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Jacob Turner or Drew Hutchinson or LaTroy Hopkins

I think you have to go Turner and Hutchison...Hawkins is a band aid on a severed limb. The potential for Turner and Hutchison to outperform their projections is much greater than Hawkins. Hawkins is supposed to start the year as the Rockies closer, but he's 41 years old and they have a young kid in Rex Brothers that is probably going to finish the year as the closer. If anything I would take Brothers over Hawkins if you really need relief pitching because his numbers will probably be better and he should end up with a few more saves than Hawkins by seasons end. He's a much better keeper than Hawkins, but I like the future of Turner a lot, and Hutchison could keep figuring things out and become pretty productive himself.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Jacob Turner or Drew Hutchinson or LaTroy Hopkins

My picks would be:
    1) Hutchison - Earned himself the #2 spot in the rotation after his impressive spring. He's always been a highly regarded prospect, but this Spring he's added more zip to his fastball. Could be a great sleeper pick.

2) Turner - This is one guy I wish was never traded from Detroit. Sadly, he was traded and it was to the lowly Marlins. In other news, I read he was to be on the trade block so that the Marlins could make room for Andrew Heaney. Regardless, there's potential here for him to perform well. If he gets traded, it could work it even better in your favor.