Thread: Pretty set on most of my keepers, need help on the last one.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Pretty set on most of my keepers, need help on the last one.

I made the choice at the trade deadline to sell as a bubble team because I didn't like my odds. I've ended up with an extra 2nd and 4th, and three 3rds in next years draft. We keep 5 + 1 guy under 164 games played (82 for goalies).

18 teams
    2C 4W 3D 1Util 4BN 2G

G A +/- PPP SOG GWG Hits
    W GAA SV% Saves

My team:
    C - Legwand
    C - Hall
    W - MacKinnon
    W - Upshall
    W - Zuccarello
    W - Umberger
    D - Vlasic
    D - Edler
    D - E. Johnson
    Util - Krejci (C)
    BN - Brown
    BN - Tarasenko
    BN - Oshie
    BN - Stamkos
    G - Niemi
    G - Markstrom

So who would your keepers be out of this group? I'm thinking:
    MacKinnon (<164 games)
    Hall
    Stamkos
    Niemi
    Krecji
    And 1 of Oshie/Tarasenko/Zuccarello

I'm really just debating between Oshie and Tarasenko. Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Pretty set on most of my keepers, need help on the last one.

Brown is having an awful year, but he's a way better option in your format. Before this year 55 points, 250+ sog, 300 hits every year like clockwork makes him a beast. He's a top-25 option in leagues that count your cats in a normal year. Kreiji plays soft and isn't great in multi-cat. Next I'd take Oshie, then Zucc
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah, I think I would go:

MacKinnon
    Hall
    Stamkos
    Brown
    Tarasenko
    Oshie

I know Niemi is $$, but I just don't prefer to keep goalies in such a limited keeper. With only 6 spots, I feel it's ideal to load up on elite forward options. Plus, this leaves you with the desirable opportunity of trading one of your bubble keepers + Niemi for an upgrade at F. I'd imagine you could take a legitimate shot at Crosby/Malkin with a package like Hall + Niemi.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Yeah, I think I would go:

MacKinnon
    Hall
    Stamkos
    Brown
    Tarasenko
    Oshie

I know Niemi is $$, but I just don't prefer to keep goalies in such a limited keeper. With only 6 spots, I feel it's ideal to load up on elite forward options. Plus, this leaves you with the desirable opportunity of trading one of your bubble keepers + Niemi for an upgrade at F. I'd imagine you could take a legitimate shot at Crosby/Malkin with a package like Hall + Niemi.
    I agree with this strategy with better forward depth, but I don't see Oshie or Tarasenko as being elite. Niemi is elite, and WAY more valuable than those guys, who could be easily replaced in the redraft.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Administrator

Brown + Tarasenko. No Krejci. Gotta gamble on Tarasenko's upside.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Superstar

Seems like two issues are unfolding here. Do you keep a goalie in this format? In this case, 4 of 11 scoring cats are goalies and that's significant. The fact that we are talking Niemi and not Pavalec is also significant. 4 scoring cats + Niemei I like, that could indeed be $$$. That last keeper spot is the other problem and it's a big one. An argument could be made for any one of Krejci, Taresenko, Oshie or Brown. I think you can find Brown's kind of numbers (IF he bounces back) via the draft. I'm not sold on Oshie and on a good day I would not consider him to be elite. Krejci is nice, but again, what you see is what you get and I don't think he will threaten PPG and become truly elite. That leaves us with Tank. I'm with Metal here, roll the dice on elite upside.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Okay.. a lot of great discussion here..

Here is who I think you should keep:

1. Stammer - Don't EVER trade him!
    2. MacKinnon - Crazy value right now for him.. if you can land a top 10 guy for him.. I wouldn't hesitate to move him for one (ex: Kane, Tavares, etc).
    3. Hall - Point per game player and has huge upside. The only downside is that he plays for a d*ckhead coach and a terrible team.
    4. Niemi - Elite goaltending is elite goaltending. Don't let it go if you have it. In a keep-5, you can easily find a skater that'll fill stats like Brown and Oshie in your draft.
    5. Krejci - This guy is so underrated by everyone. What's not to like about this guy? He is putting up great numbers and plays on the Beast from the East.

6. Oshie vs. Tarasenko - As a Blues' fan, this is a very tough decision. Oshie is having a career year, but does he really do anything exciting that jumps out at you, other than crazy shootout goals? The answer is no. This is a case of a player being better in real life than what he is in fantasy. So with that, the answer here is Tarasenko aka TANK! I am so excited about this guy and the leaps he made this year with his development; his injury was heartbreaking. This is guy is a playmaker and will be a staple in Hitch's offense next year and so on. Whenever he starts seeing more PP time, his fantasy numbers will flourish. TANK YOU, TANK YOU VERY MUCH!