Thread: Spot Starts This Week

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Spot Starts This Week

Was doing some research on the best spot starts the week and figured I'd post for anyone looking. The 3 premium backups I like for spot Starts are Chad Johnson (Boston), Cam Talbot (NYR) and Stalock (San Jose). All have been very solid all year on strong teams and play enough to keep an eye on.

Their respective schedule this week are:
    Boston- Monday- v. MTL, Thursday- v. CHI, Saturday- @WSH, Sunday- @PHI. Looks good for Johnson to get one of the back-to-back on the weekend if you need a hail mary late week.
    NYR- Monday- v. PHX, Wednesday-v. PHI, Friday- @ CGY, Sunday @ EDM- No back-to-backs but you'd think he gets one game in there. One of the Cgy/Edm would be a good matchup.
    San Jose- Monday-@ CGY, Tuesday- @ EDM, Thursday- Winnipeg, Saturday- @ COL. A back-to-back early in the week in Cgy/Edm. Assuming Stalock starts one of those games I'm looking to add him.

Please add any other spot starts you like as I'm looking at a tight battle for week 1 of my playoffs this week.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Spot Starts This Week

You can take Talbot off that list....coach V went on the record yesterday saying that Lundy will likely get every game from here on out or at least until they clinch.

"Henrik Lundqvist will get most, if not all of the starts down the stretch for the Rangers.
    Advice: It is likely that Cameron Talbot will only get a start if the Rangers clinch a post-season spot, or if Lundqvist really needs a night off. "Hank's our guy, and if we're going to get in - everybody's winning right now - it's (going to be) because Hank plays like Hank," coach Alain Vigneault said. Lundqvist is 28-22-4 this season with a 2.42 GAA and a .919 save percentage. Look for him to be between the pipes when the Rangers take on the Coyotes Monday."
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Anaheim's got a soft schedule the rest of the way so I like Freddy Andersen. But that's through 4/7.

Dobber Sports Giant

I would honestly look for Chad Johnson to get a couple starts this week. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    You can take Talbot off that list....coach V went on the record yesterday saying that Lundy will likely get every game from here on out or at least until they clinch.

"Henrik Lundqvist will get most, if not all of the starts down the stretch for the Rangers.
    Advice: It is likely that Cameron Talbot will only get a start if the Rangers clinch a post-season spot, or if Lundqvist really needs a night off. "Hank's our guy, and if we're going to get in - everybody's winning right now - it's (going to be) because Hank plays like Hank," coach Alain Vigneault said. Lundqvist is 28-22-4 this season with a 2.42 GAA and a .919 save percentage. Look for him to be between the pipes when the Rangers take on the Coyotes Monday."
    Nice catch thanks, I'll cross him off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by v105memorial View Post
    Anaheim's got a soft schedule the rest of the way so I like Freddy Andersen. But that's through 4/7.
    Yeah he'd be a good one to look at too but he's owned in my league.
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Superstar

UPDATE: Stalock confirmed starter tonight vs. Calgary Flames

I was hoping he'd get the start tomorrow vs. the Oilers. The Flames have been red hot and I hate burning a move so early in the week. Can I expect Stalock to put up solid numbers against the Flames or will they stay hot tonight? Thoughts?
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd go with Stalock. Sharks are a much better team, and Stalock's chances of posting good numbers are legit.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin