Thread: Evaluate Trade please (POINTS LEAGUE)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Evaluate Trade please (POINTS LEAGUE)

15 team league, 12 forward positions, 4 defence, 7 bench

I traded away (early in the season) these guys because I thought they were just on hot starts for players I thought were just starting out slow. Turns out the ones I traded stayed strong and this trade put me out of contention in my league. How is does this trade look for next year?

Patrick Sharp
    Kyle Okposo

retained

Jakub Voracek
    Matt Moulson
    Justin Shultz

Administrator

Default Re: Evaluate Trade please (POINTS LEAGUE)

Who did you dump to keep Schultz? That's an important part of the equation because in my mind he's the only way to recoup value.

All things considered I think you did poorly. Okposo>Voracek but it's close Sharp>Moulson, which is a huge gap. Defensemen are so fickle that you can probably replace Schultz off the waiver wire next year if you needed.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Dropped Peter Mueller so I could keep Shultzy. I took this team over from another GM and had no defence depth at all.

I know this trade is bad in hindsight, for some reason I thought Shultz & Edmonton would do good this year

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jussin88 View Post
    I dropped Peter Mueller so I could keep Shultzy. I took this team over from another GM and had no defence depth at all.
    Fair enough. Still, I like to fill out my D off the waiver wire. There are always guys pop up who have relevance. Think Niskanen, Maatta, Sekera, to name a few. As much as getting anything is an upgrade over Mueller you also have to consider what might have been available on the waiver wire.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Fair enough. Still, I like to fill out my D off the waiver wire. There are always guys pop up who have relevance. Think Niskanen, Maatta, Sekera, to name a few. As much as getting anything is an upgrade over Mueller you also have to consider what might have been available on the waiver wire.
    Yeah the league was new to me and underestimated the d-man equity available in waivers. The waiver wire will be my source this offseason. Thanks!