Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade offer....what should I do?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Trade offer....what should I do?

Give:

Hall
    Trouba
    Schneider

Receive:

Eberle
    Ryan
    Hedman
    Howard

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Trade offer....what should I do?

This is a tough one for me, I'd stand pat. But I can see others saying accept.

Dobber Sports Giant

Decline. You're giving away the three best players, IMO.

Hall >> Eberle
    Trouba = Hedman
    Schneider > Howard

Ryan -- not enough to offset the above
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Id do the deal. Howard couldn't possibly stay being this bad and Schneids fantasy value wont pick up until New Jersey's whole team turns around which could be a long time. Hedman is a significant upgrade to Trouba. Why can't I get trade offers like this in my leagues? lol

Take out the goalies which I think are almost a wash, you upgrade with forward depth and get a better defenceman. Trouba might reach Hedman's level in fantasy but thats not an absolute.

Hall
    Trouba

for

Eberle
    Ryan
    Hedman

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Jussin88 View Post
    Id do the deal. Howard couldn't possibly stay being this bad and Schneids fantasy value wont pick up until New Jersey's whole team turns around which could be a long time.

Hedman is a significant upgrade to Trouba. Why can't I get trade offers like this in my leagues? lol
    Hedman is a significant upgrade on Trouba for the next couple years MAYBE.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Hedman is a significant upgrade on Trouba for the next couple years MAYBE.
    For their whole careers too. Hedman has Stamkos+Drouin infront of him for years. Hedman is proven too. There's a point where you take the proven guys instead of going for "potential".

Dobber Sports Giant

Hedman is about as proven as Jon Cheechoo, with all due respect to the guy. If you're basing your opinion of this deal on Hedman's potential, that's a mistake in my opinion because Hall and Schneider possess a lot more upside than Eberle/Howard. If you're desperate for depth, and you believe that this move puts you over the top for a shot at a championship, then it's a different story.

But in general, I think this a bad deal. Classic case of quality for quantity.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hedman is about as proven as Jon Cheechoo, with all due respect to the guy.
    What's Cheechoo got to do with Hedman/Trouba being proven? He was a 30 goal scorer who clicked with Thornton then went down because of knee injuries. I fail to see any kind of correlation here.

I do the deal because of Schneider is New Jersey...

Dobber Sports Giant

What's Cheechoo got to do with Hedman/Trouba being proven? He was a 30 goal scorer who clicked with Thornton then went down because of knee injuries. I fail to see any kind of correlation here.
    I say that to mean that Hedman has one season of quality fantasy production; Trouba is a rookie playing HUGE minutes ala Drew Doughty. They're not incredibly far off one another with respect to long-term value. Part of your argument about how Hedman was "proven" involved the fact that Stamkos+Drouin play in front of him. Drouin is all potential at this point ... absolutely nothing is proven right now. So how can you say that Hedman is necessarily better than Trouba because of Drouin playing in front of him? It makes no sense.

Just curious, how do you evaluate the players involved in this deal? Is Hedman really putting that side over the top?

Dobber Sports Star

I would decline.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I say that to mean that Hedman has one season of quality fantasy production; Trouba is a rookie playing HUGE minutes ala Drew Doughty. They're not incredibly far off one another with respect to long-term value. Part of your argument about how Hedman was "proven" involved the fact that Stamkos+Drouin play in front of him. Drouin is all potential at this point ... absolutely nothing is proven right now. So how can you say that Hedman is necessarily better than Trouba because of Drouin playing in front of him? It makes no sense.

Just curious, how do you evaluate the players involved in this deal? Is Hedman really putting that side over the top?
    My argument of Hedman being proven was not dependant with Drouin infront of him. I meant the Drouin factor was just an added bonus while Stamkos is proven. Hedman always had the offensive pedigree but was working on his defensive game the past few seasons.

Hall = Eberle & Ryan
    Who wins this part of the deal is contingent on whether the league is deep or not. If the league is deep then take the Eberle & Ryan side but if not then the Hall side is the upgrade.

Trouba < Hedman
    Stamkos is infront of Hedman and both of them should hit their primes at the same time.

Schneider < Howard
    New Jersey is awful right now and who knows how Schneider will do taking on a bigger schedule of games. Detroit isn't that great right now but still significantly better than New Jersey.

Dobber Sports Giant

My argument of Hedman being proven was not dependant with Drouin infront of him. I meant the Drouin factor was just an added bonus while Stamkos is proven. Hedman always had the offensive pedigree but was working on his defensive game the past few seasons.

Hall = Eberle & Ryan
    Who wins this part of the deal is contingent on whether the league is deep or not. If the league is deep then take the Eberle & Ryan side but if not then the Hall side is the upgrade.

Trouba < Hedman
    Stamkos is infront of Hedman and both of them should hit their primes at the same time.

Schneider < Howard
    New Jersey is awful right now and who knows how Schneider will do taking on a bigger schedule of games. Detroit isn't that great right now but still significantly better than New Jersey.
    Hall > Eberle + Ryan in just about any league. I'd argue that even in full dynasty, Hall is the superior option. Eberle's 76-point season is a major outlier, and Ryan has battled inconsistency his entire career. He's slumping like crazy right now.

Trouba < Hedman right now, but within 2 years they will be virtually even in the value. The difference, to me, is negligible at best. Not really a huge part of the consideration in this trade for me.

Schneider >= Howard. Detroit has one more win than New Jersey right now. Two more points ... Not sure, exactly, how you want to say NJ is so awful when they continue to be a competitive team despite all the naysayers year after year. It's kind of like ... Detroit. Schneider is younger, is a much more talented goaltender in his own right, and playing for a team like NJ will put up seriously good peripherals. Once he's the ACTUAL workhorse goaltender, it's going to be awesome. Top5 fantasy goalie perrenially.

It's up to OP where he sees value, though. This is just my .02

Dobber Sports Wizard

Would like to hear more about salaries and how they play into this?

Who is your drop? Stewart....Brassard?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Would like to hear more about salaries and how they play into this?

Who is your drop? Stewart....Brassard?
    Yeah....here are the salaries for next year:

Hall 6M
    Trouba: 0.925M
    Schneider: 4.5M then UFA

Eberle 6M
    Ryan 5.562M
    Hedman 4M
    Howard 6M then still signed for 4 years and salary drops each of them

My drops définitely include Stewart and Brassard for next season....

Thanks

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Genius

I would think that Ryan would be a huge upgrade on Stewart or Brassard and I also think that Eberle has a difficult season so far.....So that he can be around 80 pts....Hall can be a 90 pts guy but his playing style make me concern about injuries...