Thread: Yahoo Ranking Sleepers

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Yahoo Ranking Sleepers

For the first time, we won't be doing our draft live.
    The downside: some of the underprepared owners in my pool will have Yahoo to help them.
    The upside: hopefully all owners will follow/be influenced by Yahoo's rankings.

So...who have you seen ranked WAY too low on Yahoo?
    Who should I be queueing up much earlier than Yahoo is?

I've looked for an article on this, but haven't seen anything good yet. Anybody seen one?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Yahoo Ranking Sleepers

Listed a few in the AL sleepers, but if you're looking for overall, I guess it's all dependent on league size. The ones I gave in the AL are generally guys that could be had for cheap, but most of them are for deeper leagues.
    Twitter: @jasonang00

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: Yahoo Ranking Sleepers

This is a good question, and it speaks a little to a column I wrote not too long after joining Dobber's site about knowing your fellow owner. So few people actually take advantage of this. Love that you're thinking of it like a poker game.

The trouble with this is finding bargain guys who don't have a lot of hype surrounding them. One of them for me is Ivan Nova. Decent Ks, and you know that team (unlike last year) is going to score runs. If you're not too afraid of pitchers in Yankee Stadium, I'd take a late round flier on him.

Taijuan Walker is another guy to covet late if you're lucky (ranked 276 for some ridiculous reason) even though he's got the hype. If you're drafting with a bunch of boobs, he may slip later than he should.

He made a ton of people look foolish last year (including this guy) but Josh Rutledge is down there as well. If you don't snatch up a big 2B or SS early on, you could do worse than him in the late rounds.