Thread: deadline deal advice

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default deadline deal advice

14 team limited keeper. keep 10 of 23, 12F / 6D / 2G / 3BN
    G A +/- PIM SOG HIT BLK STP / W GAA SV SV% SO

I'm contending for the next couple years with my roster and willing to sacrifice a bit of the future to get better now. Looking at a couple of options with a team that is 2 years away from a solid core 10.

My roster (expected keepers in bold):
    F: Ovechkin, Malkin, Ryan, Barkov, Yakupov, Okposo, Nichushkin, Little, M.Richards, Shaw, Zuccarrello, Boedker, Hemsky, Ott, Clutterbuck
    D: Subban, OEL, Carlson, J.Johnson, Girardi, empty
    B: Price, Fleury, Thomas, Bryzgalov

His roster:
    F: Giroux, Spezza, Drouin, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Saad, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Schenn, Doan, J.Williams, Neiderreiter, Vermette, Gerbe
    D: Weber, Leddy, Hjalmarsson, Hejda, Demers, Russell
    G: Ward, Halak, Ramo, Khudobin

We've been talking about some combination of Spezza, Doan and Williams from his squad. I'm interested in Hubs but I think he may want too much coming back for him. He's interested in Barkov and to a lesser extent Nichushkin, and I might be able to get Okposo/Carlson in the mix however both these guys are producing now for me so not sure I should part with them. He's not likely to be interested in much else. I would likely be sending a 1st or 2nd round pick back in any deal that involved either Spez or Hubs

If went for all 4 - is Barkov/Carlson/Okposo/1st too much for Spezza/Hubs/Doan/Williams?

What are some other combos involving these players that make sense? Spez for Barkov straight up?

Thanks - as much rep as I can dole out!

I...am your father.

Default Re: deadline deal advice

Are you trying to get points now while either improving your keepers or at least not making them worse? If so, try and get Leddy and a draft pick for Yakupov. Because Leddy will fill your empty spot, and frankly Nichushkin is a better keeper than Yakupov. So you get Leddy to help now, the draft pick to help later, and your keepers are about the same.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi