Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some OHL stats

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Cool Some OHL stats

Over thge last few months I have found myself particularly interested in how all these future stud prospects are doing on their respective OHL teams. Here are some stats for you.

1. Connor McDavid:

Not that anyone needs any more reason to keep track of this kids progress, but he has 11 points in his last 3 games. ELEVEN in THREE! He currently sits 4th in overall scoring, but has played 12 games less than league leader and teammate with the same name Connor Brown. If you break down his points per game, he is actually second in the league. Brown has a sizable lead in both categories.

2. Connor Brown:

As I said above, the Toronto Maple Leafs Connor Brown is having an exceptional year on an exceptional team. In four March games he has 8 points so far, mostly assists (6). He leads the league in scoring, points per game, and assists (not suprising with both Fox and McDavid playing beside him on various lines). Next year he will be eligible for NHL / AHL hockey.

3. Scott Laughton

Scott Laughton is the reason I keep up with OHL stats this year. Already drafted, lighting it up in the O, and most importantly, I got him free off the waiver wire this year 4th in points per game behind Brown, McDavid and Sam Bennett, he is developing as an offensive player, and he already has a strong two way game. He is playing alongside projected 2014 #4 pick Dal Colle. Dale Colle has 6 more points than Laughton, but has played 12 more games as Laughton has seen some time up with the Flyers. By the end of season Laughton will lead the team in scoring (not a surprise considering his extra development time. He is already leading the generals in points per game and is on a 6 game scoring streak.

Anyways, just felt like sharing.

Bu
    12 Team Keeper league (keep all)

C - Giroux, Seguin, Marchessault, Fabbri, E. Staal
    W - P. Kane, Kucherov, D.Sedin, Radulov, Vanek
    D - Brodi, Klingberg, Hedman, Dumba, M. Green
    G - Dubnyk, J. Allen
    Farm - Werenski, D. Strome, Dubois,
    Bench - Ladd, Parenteau,

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Some OHL stats

Thanks! Love this stuff, and my buddy who owns Laughton will, too!
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

Huge Laughton fan. Nearly traded him at my deadline this year but we didn't get it done in time. Glad to still have him. I expect beastly things in multi-cat pools.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

What do you guys think about Connor Brown? This is the first I've heard of him. Do you think it will translate?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    What do you guys think about Connor Brown? This is the first I've heard of him. Do you think it will translate?
    http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...2-connor-brown

Seems to have a whole lot of skill, but who knows how much of his production is directly tied to McDavid? I'd think he has some long-term NHL value, perhaps on a scoring line, but he will definitely have to add some weight to his frame to succeed at the next level. Strikes me as the kiind of guy who needs a couple years in the AHL, but could definitely surprise people if he continues to develop and add strength. For a 6th round pick, TML could've done a whole lot worse.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...2-connor-brown

Seems to have a whole lot of skill, but who knows how much of his production is directly tied to McDavid? I'd think he has some long-term NHL value, perhaps on a scoring line, but he will definitely have to add some weight to his frame to succeed at the next level. Strikes me as the kiind of guy who needs a couple years in the AHL, but could definitely surprise people if he continues to develop and add strength. For a 6th round pick, TML could've done a whole lot worse.
    I looked him up, and there were some articles that said he only spent about half his time this season on a line with McDavid. Essentially that he was producing on his own as well.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Connor Brown is 20 or even 21. Scoring at the pace he is really is not that impressive when he's doing so against 16 and 17 year olds. Don't look too much into his numbers, he's still a fringe prospect.

Lets talk about Sam Bennett instead. I feel like he's not getting the hype a typical potential 1st overall pick should get. 3rd in PPG as a 17 year old. Just an awesome player, my favorite from this 2014 class.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Connor Brown is 20 or even 21. Scoring at the pace he is really is not that impressive when he's doing so against 16 and 17 year olds. Don't look too much into his numbers, he's still a fringe prospect.

Lets talk about Sam Bennett instead. I feel like he's not getting the hype a typical potential 1st overall pick should get. 3rd in PPG as a 17 year old. Just an awesome player, my favorite from this 2014 class.
    I agree completely on Bennett; better scoring pace than Domi, Dal Colle, Goldobin, Tolchinsky, etc. Right there with McDavid in terms of point-per-game production, and Bennett also has LOADS of PIMs (118 in 56 GP). I will likely have the 3rd overall pick in my dynasty league this year, and I'm hoping and praying this guy slips to number 3 for me. I've heard the Toews comparisons in the prospect ramblings over the past several weeks, and his "clutch" scoring ability in big games / big moments has me even more encouraged.

I like Reinhart, and his hockey-IQ is really, really good. But I think I would still take Sam Bennett over him; kid is almost a whole year younger, lighting it up right now.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bennett falls into that "obviously" category that McDavid lives in. Sam Bennett is insane.

Sixth in scoring, third in the league in points per game, and he is doing it without the help of a McDavid or a Dal Colle on a generrally week Kingston team. He leads his team in points, goals and assists (the trifecta) and its not even close. His linemate Ikonen - owned by Tampa is second on the team and is a full 25 points back (and half his plus/minus of +34)

I disagree that he's not getting the hype he deserves. He is widely regarded as the #1 pick for this draft, and for good reason. He will be a Buffalo Sabre (unless the Oil lotto it up again) in 2014/15.
    12 Team Keeper league (keep all)

C - Giroux, Seguin, Marchessault, Fabbri, E. Staal
    W - P. Kane, Kucherov, D.Sedin, Radulov, Vanek
    D - Brodi, Klingberg, Hedman, Dumba, M. Green
    G - Dubnyk, J. Allen
    Farm - Werenski, D. Strome, Dubois,
    Bench - Ladd, Parenteau,

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's finally started being talked about, but like on HF boards (ya I know, some of its a fun read though) his thread has like a tenth of the pages Reinhart's does. Personally I see Bennett as like a perfect blend of Toews and Kesler. The grit of Kes, with the puck skills of Toews.... Just awesome to watch.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Giant

Bennett is my #1 pick right now, but I feel like Reinhart / Ekblad still get more love. That's all I meant.

Dobber Sports Sage

Reinhart is a much better player in my eyes.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jer Bu View Post
    Bennett falls into that "obviously" category that McDavid lives in. Sam Bennett is insane.

Sixth in scoring, third in the league in points per game, and he is doing it without the help of a McDavid or a Dal Colle on a generrally week Kingston team. He leads his team in points, goals and assists (the trifecta) and its not even close. His linemate Ikonen - owned by Tampa is second on the team and is a full 25 points back (and half his plus/minus of +34)

I disagree that he's not getting the hype he deserves. He is widely regarded as the #1 pick for this draft, and for good reason. He will be a Buffalo Sabre (unless the Oil lotto it up again) in 2014/15.
    according to who?

I would bet good money he is not drafted 1st overall.

The Great One

Connor Brown wasn't playing with McDavid until the Gaunce trade. Just a FYI.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jer Bu View Post

Widely regarded as the #1 pick for this draft? I've never even heard of the guy before.
    GO WINGS!