Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Goligoski, Maata or Voynov over Fowler?

The Great One

Default Re: Goligoski, Maata or Voynov over Fowler?

Quote Originally Posted by v105memorial View Post
    The honest truth is that I hate Goligoski because he's a former gopher. Most of those guys are overrated bums.

But even without that bias, he disappears for vast stretches of time and cannot be found. Sure he can get hot, and seems to be now. But with a guy like Maatta available logging big minutes on a better deeper team I'd make that move.

I will concede though that if Goligoski can stay lukewarm at least he is logging bigger PP minutes, and that would be a bonus.
    You make some good points. I once wrote an article about "streaky" players (Dobber calls them "windex wonders") and how, if used effectively, they can be the difference between winning and losing in your H2H leagues. To quickly summarize, if player A and player B both score 40 pts in a season, you might be better off with player B in an H2H league if player B is a "streaky" player and scores his points in bunches and you are lucky enough to play that player during a hot streak. I'd argue in this case that Maatta is a solid, consistent option. He will score 1 pt every 2 or 3 games for a full season total of 40 pts. Goligoski, on the other hand, will score no points for a stretch, but when he is hot (like he is right now), will put up 5 pts in 3 games. It is a gamble, but one worth taking sometimes if you want to win your H2H league.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Good assessment. In my league I am in a position where as long as I don't shit the bed I'm going to win it. My bias in that situation is the consistent Maatta. I suppose if I were in 2nd and need to make up some ground, I'd opt for Alex and hope for a windfall of points.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Both great points, and I do run the risk of losing Maatta to another GM if I pick up Alex and go with the 'streak'. In a H2H situation especially coming down to the playoffs I guess I will play it week by week and make my moves. It can be argued that with a 4 move limit per week that I would be better off using Maatta as a 'stable' player and use my move on someone else though.
    I have the rest of this week and my BYE week next week with 6 moves left in total, so lets see who is on the hot streak.

I guess the consensus is between Goligoski vs Maatta over a slightly streaking Voynov with even better peripheral stats.
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd take Goligoski as long as Benn and Seguin are hot. Though Maatta is first pairing, Niskanen is on the first PP unit. I suppose Maata will get his shot, but I take Goli while he's streaking.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

The Great One

Looks like Goligoski was the best option here, as I suspected. He's continued his torrid pace, mooching off the high-octane Dallas offense.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98