Thread: Seguin - check these multi-point nights

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Seguin - check these multi-point nights

Well, another 5 point night and I felt I had to add up his multi-point nights this year. Here they are:

Games played: 61

5 pts: 2 times
    4 pts: 3 times

3 pts: 1 time
    2 pts: 11 times

Man oh man does this kid like to score in bunches. He's young, so I expect he will get some more consistency over time too. But holy moly. How do you have a 4-pt night 3 times in 61 games, and a 5-pt night twice in 61 games?!?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Seguin - check these multi-point nights

He's explosive, no doubt.

Stars are in the playoff hunt, but I'm betting they're hoping for more consistency too. Pointless in 28games - nearly half of the ones he plays in.

The big games are unreal (and great for fantasy), but he's got 22 of his points in five blowout wins over Winnipeg (twice), Calgary, Philly, and a horrible Vancouver team. That's no murderers row.

But despite my negativity, methinks Dallas is happy with what they've seen.

I...am your father.

Wow, if he starts chipping in with one-point games like normal stars, he'd be a Top 5 guy
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is also a product of playing with Benn (who I've owned in the past) who also likes to score in bunches.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    This is also a product of playing with Benn (who I've owned in the past) who also likes to score in bunches.
    Haha, absolutely.

Seeing as I own both of them in my league, it is a boon and a burden to have them and their explosive capabilities. I am hoping they do develop a bit more consistency though...

With them playing together and the rise of Nichushkin, anyone care to hazard a guess as to ceilings?

I'd say in a perfect year Seguin hits 90 points, but falls in the 80s consistently, while Benn hits 80 in a perfect season, and falls in the 70s consistently. Too optimistic?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Seguin is going to take a huge leap forward, IMO, next season. He and Benn are going to be fantasy monsters.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Wow, if he starts chipping in with one-point games like normal stars, he'd be a Top 5 guy
    Ha ha, yes!

I know streakiness is simply part of some hockey players, but early in the season I ws really hit how boom/bust it was with Seguin. He had something like 43 points in 45 games to start, but there was already a 5, 4, 4, 3 in there. Which meant he had been scoreless in nearly half of those first 45 games....and Dallas, at that time, was 10, 11th in the West.

I wrote the original post a bit too quickly. Seguin has really turned it on down the stretch here. Very impressive.

But I DO think playing with Benn - who is a MONSTER - has helped Seguin immensely

The Great One

Nice to see written down.

Dobber Sports Star

when 2 stars play together, you just never know whatll happen. im sure ppl didnt think naslund/bertuzzi would be as good as they became when they started playing together.

giroux put up 93 with hartnell jagr. i dont see why seguin/benn couldnt hit 90 if the stars aligned for a whole season
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am curious what you guys think, where would you put Seguin rank wise for dynasty league forwards. Top 10?

Categories:

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK

Crosby
    Malkin
    Stamkos
    Tavares
    Giroux
    Ovechkin
    Seguin
    Mackinnon
    Neal
    Toews
    Kane

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Veteran

I can't speak to salary (don't use it), but for those categories I would rank them in this order (for how I would want them):

Crosby
    Stamkos
    Ovechkin
    Malkin
    Tavares

Mackinnon/Kane/Giroux/Seguin/Neal

Toews

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Well, another 5 point night and I felt I had to add up his multi-point nights this year. Here they are:

Games played: 61

5 pts: 2 times
    4 pts: 3 times

3 pts: 1 time
    2 pts: 11 times

Man oh man does this kid like to score in bunches. He's young, so I expect he will get some more consistency over time too. But holy moly. How do you have a 4-pt night 3 times in 61 games, and a 5-pt night twice in 61 games?!?
    I believe after his latest 4 or 5 point game, he had something like 75 percent of his points and goals in 25 percent of his games played and in the remaining games he was basically playing at a bare 60 point pace (which is actually damn good for a 22 year old center...but I digress).

Dude is going to be absolutely insane if he can ever find a way to consistently put up those dominating performances.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson