Thread: Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Galchenyuk

What's the expectation? Eventual ppg player? 40-40 guy? How do you see him developing over the next couple years?

I know the expectations are high, but I haven't been able to find anything concrete on what these current "expectations" are.

Administrator

Default Re: Galchenyuk

He's got that kind of upside - maybe not the 40-40 bit but definitely point per game or close to if he can skate with the right guys. What we haven't seen yet is Galchenyuk skating at center on the regular. Once he gets there we'll get to see just how good he can be. Right now I'm waiting for the jump to 20-40 before hoping for more. I'd guess he tops out closer to 70 than 80 though.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    He's got that kind of upside - maybe not the 40-40 bit but definitely point per game or close to if he can skate with the right guys. What we haven't seen yet is Galchenyuk skating at center on the regular. Once he gets there we'll get to see just how good he can be. Right now I'm waiting for the jump to 20-40 before hoping for more. I'd guess he tops out closer to 70 than 80 though.
    Great response. Thanks metaldude.

Dobber Sports Master

He will need to move to C. I don't see 40-40. I see 30-50 if he leaves MTL. 30-40+ if he stays. MTL isn't known for anyone hitting above 80+. He has the talent, but the way the NHL is going, I wouldn't expect him to get there. I say, if he hits consistently above 70 pts for the best 4 years of his career in MTL, even if it was like 73-75, consider that potential achieved. I think it would be closer to 77-83 if he was on another team. He has to play at C though. I think he will by next year.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like agentzero 's analysis . His work ethic is through the roof so far . He should improve quickly at C .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23